**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The reason we are a run threat is Fields. Putting Fields in the backfield with Bijan changed everything. Fields would be happy to short game dump offs to Bijan all day. His weakness was taking what the D gave him. With Bijan, oh boy!
Or he ignores him just like he did with Montgomery lol

Bijan isn’t gonna change a damn thing about Fields’ game that most any other RB could

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The reason we are a run threat is Fields. Putting Fields in the backfield with Bijan changed everything. Fields would be happy to short game dump offs to Bijan all day. His weakness was taking what the D gave him. With Bijan, oh boy!

Think you are being a little dismissive of the Bears run game (beyond Fields). It was a threat all year.

Sure, Bijan would increase that threat.

But when it comes to dictating or stressing the defense, you talkin about diminishing returns. And teams already hyper focused on defending the run when playing the Bears. So I gotta say no, Bijan would not be a huge change on that front.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Think you are being a little dismissive of the Bears run game (beyond Fields). It was a threat all year.
I don’t think so. When Fields wasn’t in, that run game was bad, and, today, as of this post, that RB room isn’t scaring anybody. How good of a pass catcher are two of those three?
Sure, Bijan would increase that threat.
Yup. Like Dolly Parton would be an increase in boob size from you. Exponential and all that.
But when it comes to dictating or stressing the defense, you talkin about diminishing returns. And teams already hyper focused on defending the run
There’s a difference between being focused on stopping the run, but also being unable to read if it’s a run due to the same personnel being able to do both run and pass.
when playing the Bears. So I gotta no, Bijan would not be a huge change on that front.
He’d be huge. Like massive. Big change.
Or he ignores him just like he did with Montgomery lol
This is what he’s working on, so let’s hope not.
Bijan isn’t gonna change a damn thing about Fields’ game that most any other RB could
This is just absurd.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Herbert is at best an okay back in a shared backfield.

That still averaged 5.7 yards a carry.

I don’t think so. When Fields wasn’t in, that run game was bad, and, today, as of this post, that RB room isn’t scaring anybody. How good of a pass catcher are two of those three?

We had 127 rushing yards against the Jets at 4.4 yards a carry with Semeien at QB. Had 118 yards at 5.4 yards a carry with Peterman at QB.

I get you love Bijan but cant just make up shit to justify us taking him.

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yup. Like Dolly Parton would be an increase in boob size from you. Exponential and all that.

There’s a difference between being focused on stopping the run, but also being unable to read if it’s a run due to the same personnel being able to do both run and pass.

He’d be huge. Like massive. Big change.

This is what he’s working on, so let’s hope not.

This is just absurd.

oooo kaaay dude

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I mean that is preseason his rookie year and his fault as he missed the blitz and didnt slide protection over.
I get it, but it’s a graphic reminder Fields has faced intense pressure because of lack of quality in front of him. Go back and watch the Eagles game . Reddick and Hargrave were planting Fields like he was a tulip bulb.

This will be my last post on this topic. No interest in a back and forth…

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If you’re getting something like this, you can take Bijan at 9. Otherwise, give me Paris.

See, I think with Bijan, you are getting a do-it-all back, who does it all well. And I think that a RB that doesnt limit play selection is incredibly valuable, especially with a dual threat QB. I like to imagine it as if Matt Forte with an extra gear would be doing in today's league; Any down and distance could see him catching the ball as a playmaker in space, and oh yeah he is a top notch runner too that will always be a threat to cut back and make you defender pay for taking too-aggressive an angle. If Poles elects to draft him, I think you can be optimistic that you are getting a top talent with a high probability of immediate success.

But the problem is that you cant take him AND draft the OL that will keep Fields upright. I am prepared for Poles to not draft OL/DL in the first round, but I can't say I would be happy. Before the trade with Carolina, we were poorer at WR than RB, and I was still hesitant to want a weapon for Fields over OT/DL. Braxton Jones for me at 9. If Bijan is truly the next superstar at RB, then Poles can trade back into the first if it is advantageous to do so and I doubt I would mind.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
That still averaged 5.7 yards a carry.
As long as he stays in a part time role, and he doesn’t take more of the load, I hope he keeps averaging nearly 6 yards a carry.
We had 127 rushing yards against the Jets at 4.4 yards a carry with Semeien at QB. Had 118 yards at 5.4 yards a carry with Peterman at QB.
True there, those were pretty good rushing games.
I get you love Bijan but cant just make up shit to justify us taking him.
I’m not making up a damn thing. We weren’t as good of a rushing team without Fields. Plus, he had over 1k rushing yards. Bijan gives us more wins and is the best pick at 9.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
See, I think with Bijan, you are getting a do-it-all back, who does it all well. And I think that a RB that doesnt limit play selection is incredibly valuable, especially with a dual threat QB. I like to imagine it as if Matt Forte with an extra gear would be doing in today's league; Any down and distance could see him catching the ball as a playmaker in space, and oh yeah he is a top notch runner too that will always be a threat to cut back and make you defender pay for taking too-aggressive an angle. If Poles elects to draft him, I think you can be optimistic that you are getting a top talent with a high probability of immediate success.

But the problem is that you cant take him AND draft the OL that will keep Fields upright. I am prepared for Poles to not draft OL/DL in the first round, but I can't say I would be happy. Before the trade with Carolina, we were poorer at WR than RB, and I was still hesitant to want a weapon for Fields over OT/DL. Braxton Jones for me at 9. If Bijan is truly the next superstar at RB, then Poles can trade back into the first if it is advantageous to do so and I doubt I would mind.
Broderick Jones would be fine by me too.