**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Oh good God. I'm so glad I have such a low opinion of Twitter that I expected something this bad. That conversation would have happened before the Bears traded down from 1. To have that conversation now means that you want to reset the clock after giving up the best pick to guarantee your shot at your favored QB. Complete and utter nonsense.

Trying to avoid paying a QB until some magical "right time" that the roster is set up will result in nobody wanting to play for this team, and the roster will never be set up. What a bad friggin take.
Just because you don't like the idea of it doesn't mean it's a bad take, it's actually a good take and all he's saying is they should have that conversation. He's not saying they should do it. He's saying if they're sold on A.Richardson or Levis then they should talk about it and they should and probably will even if it's a convo that lasts 20 seconds. It absolutely makes sense to have a QB on a contract that's much more in line with your rebuild then fields is right now. That makes sense.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
#1 best possible outcome for Bears. If they traded say #53 for him, that just frees up the rest of the draft. They instantly have a decent DL with him imo.

Detroit could easily outbid.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I would. Here's a shocker for a trade down. How about Keion White late one or top 1/2 of 2 and project him to 3 tech. Productive and strong. Doesn't really have the edge traits for this D though maybe could develop them as he's new to the position. More a 3/4 DE but he's strong, fast off the snap and can get low. I think he projects great to 3-tech. Plays stout for his weight and great at splitting gaps. Watch some tape on him and think about him inside for this D. Older guy that just moved over to D which some here will hate on.

He really showed out at the Senior Bowl. I definitely like the player.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I like it, but I'd hope that one of those two second rounders goes to Schmitz or Tippmann. I think they are that good of prospects and I'd place every resource I can into getting starting OL talent.

But if it shakes out this way, I'll take Stromberg and be happy.
Yeah I personally feel like Byron Young is not a great pick for the Bears - could probably get Tippman or someone like Avila at that spot and then take Carrington Valentine instead of Stromberg - that gets Bears a better iOL and CB prospect at the cost of not drafting Young who would be something like the 4th or 5th DE on the roster.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Just because you don't like the idea of it doesn't mean it's a bad take, it's actually a good take and all he's saying is they should have that conversation. He's not saying they should do it. He's saying if they're sold on A.Richardson or Levis then they should talk about it and they should and probably will even if it's a convo that lasts 20 seconds. It absolutely makes sense to have a QB on a contract that's much more in line with your rebuild then fields is right now. That makes sense.

I disagree. At this point in time, it's simply a bad take. It's valid to say they had those discussions and had to do their due diligence before they traded down. But now? It's a bad take. The Bears already had the discussion and made their decision to keep going forward with Fields and to build around him this year. If they really had any lingering concerns or wanted to keep thinking about it, they could have simply held onto the #1 pick until closer to the actual draft as they continued that evaluation and discussion.

The much more likely scenario if Richardson is sitting there at #9 would be the Bears exploring another trade down to another QB needy team.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Richardson is an extremely raw product. Like steak that was ordered rare but never even placed on a grill. He’ll likely have to develop 2 or 3years, thus wasting most of his rookie contract.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Richardson is an extremely raw product. Like steak that was ordered rare but never even placed on a grill. He’ll likely have to develop 2 or 3years, thus wasting most of his rookie contract.

He's a frozen seared steak.

This is my new way of describing shitty prospects who have great combines.

I actually got one of those at a restaurant before. Blue in the middle and well done on the outside. Was so tasty!:sick:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
It's confusing because why the fuck would you pay more when a 3rd or 4th will do?
First, no offense to @bamainatlanta but this was mentioned with no source.
Second, lots of times these reports aren't accurate.
Third, DeForest Buckner is an elite DT that's still just 28. He'd instantly improve the entire DL. So even if teams are currently offering a 3rd, you may need to offer a 2nd to get that difference maker or even more.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Fields contract is in line with the rebuild if you expect to compete over the next 2 years.

It's confusing because why the fuck would you pay more when a 3rd or 4th will do?

Because a 3rd or 4th seems too light.