**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Drafted by Lions = BUST

Drafted by Bears = BOOM

I’ve said it many times on this board, I wouldn’t draft this guy. If they do, I hope I’m wrong and will give him the chance to prove he was worth a top 10 pick.

Warren, Poles and Cunningham had a chance to look this guy in the eye and try to get a handle on him as a person. I hope their bullshit detectors were on full alert.

I am pretty damn wary about this guy

Also skeptical that you can learn very much about a person's character during meetings where millions of dollars are on the line.

I think the best source of info will be whatever people from his community they can find and get to open up.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'd be surprised if a tackle is taken prior to #9. Feel like Paris is the bears choice if he's there and a lot of this is just posturing due to it being ~2 weeks from the draft.

Just too many green flags for him not to be selected by the bears. Its also the only spot on the offense that doesnt have a penciled in solid starter(Never thought I'd say that).

You get a good RT in this draft and this offense should be top 10 on paper(Never thought I'd say that either after Nagy).
Even if you don't think anyone above 9 takes a tackle, there will be incentive for teams to trade up ahead of the Bears for OT1. Even moreso if teams believe this rumor that the Bears could trade down to a team like the Steelers who would likely want Paris Johnson Jr.

And where they don't have a solid starter penciled in shouldn't mean very much to you. They didn't have a solid starter penciled in a couple OL spots last year and still waited until 5th to take a guy. They had St. Brown and Pringle penciled in at WR last year and still passed up on WRs in the 2nd round.

I do agree that Paris has a ton of green flags though. He's smart, a good person, and has ideal size, length and athleticism. But again, they will weigh taking 1 Paris Johnson over potentially Darnell Wright/Anton Harrison later and potentially a guy like Adebawore on the DL if they get a high enough pick in a trade down.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, once = often to you. Fine. Cringe CLint is the one balding, hiding under all those girly hats and I know you're not very bright and have a crush on the troll/alt type but it's a bad look for ya.
Damn man, I'm balding!!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Did he actually say he lost weight? I didn't see that. I thought just maybe he was listed heavier for some reason.

But either way, I'm not all that intrigued by him putting on weigh to move inside. It was a bad idea in the first place to show up at the combine at 266 and I don't even think he worked out. Sounds like he prefers edge, but I think he blew an opportunity to show he can be a true 3-tech. And IDK if he has an injury, but I didn't see any athletic numbers for him at combine or pro day. If taking him, I'd rather see his athleticism at whatever size he was and project what he could do with 20-25 more pounds. I think he's a 4th round pick for me.
I've not read anywhere that he intentionally lost weight just think it was program weight dream for some reason.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Still cant believe they paid a terrible qb 40m a year. The giants are my pick for the team that will disappoint the most this year. My prediction is 6 wins.

Just stinks of nagy vibes to me after 2018.
agreed.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Why not?

He's only got the $5m in dead money and that has been paid out. It was a really small restructure. He's got way more value this year than he will have next year, and it costs the Colts very little to trade him.

The only thing is if they wind up signing Lamar Jackson and make another run. There is no reason for them to keep him if they are going with a young QB and a rebuild.
The last comment is spot on.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
My ideal scenario is the packers getting a 2nd rounder after all of this, and then the jets being just good enough to make the playoffs only to have rodgers flush their dreams down the toilet.
I would love to see him win a title in New York in year one there. Just to see it all laid bare how poorly a job the people in charge of that team have done would be great. I got no animosity for Aaron Rodgers once he stops dreamcrushing the beloved.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Man I hope it blows up in both teams faces, I hate these type moves in either direction.
Jets made it too obvious they wanted him and only him.

Canth

Liked Posts:
My ideal scenario is the packers getting a 2nd rounder after all of this, and then the jets being just good enough to make the playoffs only to have rodgers flush their dreams down the toilet.

My ideal scenario would be that the Packers accept less in trade but with "easy to reach incentives" for it to become a 1st round pick that do not come to fruition. For example, a 3rd round pick that can become a 2nd round pick with playing time and a 1st round pick if the Jets make the playoffs. And then Rodgers plays just under the playing time limits and the Jets just miss the playoffs.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Jets made it too obvious they wanted him and only him.
I think they naively expected this just to come together. They underestimated the fear in the Packers front office of them letting Aaron Rodgers go and him finding success elsewhere. The whole thing isn't about football or doing what's best for the Packers, its about saving face for Brian Gutekunst and the people who hired him. It goes all the way up to Mark Murphy, since he ultimately is the one responsible for the atrocious way that franchise has been run over the last ten or so years.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I am pretty damn wary about this guy

Also skeptical that you can learn very much about a person's character during meetings where millions of dollars are on the line.

I think the best source of info will be whatever people from his community they can find and get to open up.
Agree…

Bonferroni Correction

Liked Posts: