**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I like him as a punt returner. He did a nice job in that role. He had one great catch last season for a TD against Washington. The rest was less than average… WR 5 or 6 depending on what happens in the draft. I actually think ESB is worse than this guy.

ESB is a much better blocker. Pettis probably gets open more…but has worse hands than ESB…and ESB’s hands aren’t very good either

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This is a little easier to read. Even though I don’t like the baggage with Carter, I love this draft and how it fills needs with viable options. Jose Ramirez and his athleticism in the 7th would be an interesting developmental prospect at a premium position.

I really like the idea of Chase Brown in the 5th too.

Chicago Bears

1 (9): Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia
2 (53): Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse
2 (61): Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State
3 (64): Derick Hall, Edge, Auburn
4 (103): Xavier Hutchinson, WR, Iowa State
4 (133): Luke Wypler, C, Ohio State
5 (136): Chase Brown, RB, Illinois
5 (148): Kobie Turner, DT, Wake Forest
7 (218): Ronnie Hickman, S, Ohio State
7 (258): Jose Ramirez, Edge, Eastern Michigan

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So I just started diving into Dane Brugler's (The Beast) draft report today and my first take is this:

Don't fuck around with the OT position. Pick up one of PJ, Jones or Wright at 9 and be done with it.

I can find lots of DT's, Edge, and CB's that look interesting in the later rounds. But OT looks pretty bleak to me.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
ESB is a much better blocker. Pettis probably gets open more…but has worse hands than ESB…and ESB’s hands aren’t very good either
He just felt more reliable last season. But either way we're talking about guys who got heavy snaps now fighting for WR5 and 6. God i hope Mooney is healthy.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
So I just started diving into Dane Brugler's (The Beast) draft report today and my first take is this:

Don't fuck around with the OT position. Pick up one of PJ, Jones or Wright at 9 and be done with it.

I can find lots of DT's, Edge, and CB's that look interesting in the later rounds. But OT looks pretty bleak to me.
I agree. Unless Carter is there at 9, I'd take one of the top OTs. I don't like the depth at that position in the draft whereas I think dt and DE have viable depth.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I agree 100%. If Carter isn't there at 9, my favorite scenario is trading down a little and getting Wright, then sure up the Dline with Keanu Benton, draft an edge later, and hope Tippman/JMS also falls to that 50-60 range. Anything else would be icing on the cake.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I like him as a punt returner. He did a nice job in that role. He had one great catch last season for a TD against Washington. The rest was less than average… WR 5 or 6 depending on what happens in the draft. I actually think ESB is worse than this guy.
Sorry but I'm in the opposite.

He reminds me of Bobbles Wade.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
He did a nice job on punts.

I like Velus on kick returns. I never want to see Jones back deep on punt returns ever again!
more than likely jones will get another crack at punt returns...why else would they sign anderson who is a left footed punter and coincidentally a left footed punter is what caused vjj's two muffed punts. I cant see the bears being unhappy with gill who imo played very well last season. Pettis provides more consistency but vjj is a bigger threat if he can work through these issues.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Corner is real deep.

I do think that Duncan and Bergeron would be nice second round options at OT but I’m with you in terms of grabbing a stud OT at 9. For me it’s Johnson. Jones and Wright work too.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
more than likely jones will get another crack at punt returns...why else would they sign anderson who is a left footed punter and coincidentally a left footed punter is what caused vjj's two muffed punts. I cant see the bears being unhappy with gill who imo played very well last season. Pettis provides more consistency but vjj is a bigger threat if he can work through these issues.
It is so much easier to return kicks than punts. VJJ looks like that little league kid a manager tries to hide in right field when he’s fielding punts. The one he dropped against Washington was horrendous.

I’d keep him in his comfort zone. Kick returns, jet sweeps, bubble screens and 9 routes…

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He just felt more reliable last season. But either way we're talking about guys who got heavy snaps now fighting for WR5 and 6. God i hope Mooney is healthy.

If I had to pick I’d go ESB because of his blocking. For a 5th/6th WR…whatevs. It’s been quiet on the Mooney injury front. Have you heard anything?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Corner is real deep.

I do think that Duncan and Bergeron would be nice second round options at OT but I’m with you in terms of grabbing a stud OT at 9. For me it’s Johnson. Jones and Wright work too.
I like Bergeron but not certain he'll fall to the bears in rd 2. Duncan I think is going to get abused, at least in year 1.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Can't stress this enough. I don't want to see Poles get cute by trading back too far (if he does at all) and missing out on the best of the OT prospects

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I wonder if we'll be looking at a Carson Wentz 2.0 situation in two years...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is a little easier to read. Even though I don’t like the baggage with Carter, I love this draft and how it fills needs with viable options. Jose Ramirez and his athleticism in the 7th would be an interesting developmental prospect at a premium position.

I really like the idea of Chase Brown in the 5th too.

Chicago Bears

1 (9): Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia
2 (53): Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse
2 (61): Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State
3 (64): Derick Hall, Edge, Auburn
4 (103): Xavier Hutchinson, WR, Iowa State
4 (133): Luke Wypler, C, Ohio State
5 (136): Chase Brown, RB, Illinois
5 (148): Kobie Turner, DT, Wake Forest
7 (218): Ronnie Hickman, S, Ohio State
7 (258): Jose Ramirez, Edge, Eastern Michigan
It's a good mock. The only thing i would of made sure to do if the first 5-6 picks went this way is to draft at least one more T in those later rounds and probably two just because there will be questions with Bergeron even though i like him.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
It is so much easier to return kicks than punts. VJJ looks like that little league kid a manager tries to hide in right field when he’s fielding punts. The one he dropped against Washington was horrendous.

I’d keep him in his comfort zone. Kick returns, jet sweeps, bubble screens and 9 routes…
thats true but again, your making it sound like vjj has never fielded punts before which is not true. he just never fielded punts from a left footed punter...more often than not guys typically dont have an issue but its def different the way the ball comes to you, spins etc...if you've ever fielded punts in high school or college from right vs left you know what i'm talking about or batting against a lefty pitcher for the first time vs only righties. i think it was belichek that used a rugby guy as his punter as some point because they also kick the ball a certain way that makes it trickier to catch.