**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Other than the fact they both played for the Eagles I can’t think of more opposite players and people. Hurts is 100% class, a leader, smart, and grounded. Wentz is a mental mess.
Well I wasn't talking about their Boy Scout Badges, I was referring to the performance on the field.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
It's a good mock. The only thing i would of made sure to do if the first 5-6 picks went this way is to draft at least one more T in those later rounds and probably two just because there will be questions with Bergeron even though i like him.
Because you always need a round 5-7 safety net in case your early round T fails. Probably better off signing a FA swing T type

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
thats true but again, your making it sound like vjj has never fielded punts before which is not true. he just never fielded punts from a left footed punter...more often than not guys typically dont have an issue but its def different the way the ball comes to you, spins etc...if you've ever fielded punts in high school or college from right vs left you know what i'm talking about or batting against a lefty pitcher for the first time vs only righties. i think it was belichek that used a rugby guy as his punter as some point because they also kick the ball a certain way that makes it trickier to catch.
I actually returned kicks and punts in HS, but played baseball in college. I know what you’re saying regarding left and right footed punters but I always felt it was easier to catch kickoffs and you typically start with a bit more space at the catch point. On punts, the defense can be literally on top of you as the ball is arriving. It is no question that a guy that does both well is a valuable commodity. I don’t see VJJ as a comfortable, dependable option as a punt returner. It looks like a struggle for him.

Kick returns are a different story. He looks like a legitimate weapon.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Actual footage of @Aesopian beginning mock draft season

1681746543044.png
What's the deal with the framed Halas jersey? Unless he dug up the old man, put it on his corpse, and then stuck a sharpie between his phalanges while faking his signature, it isn't wore or signe. He framed a jersey anyone could buy from Fanatics.com of a person he never met or saw play. The fake cherry on top of his losers playsheet shrine.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yeah i'm with you on this kid. i just said in a post yesterday that i'd like to get Spears or Achane.
Spears had a nice week at the Senior Bowl and he had some exposure because of the good year they had at Tulane. I’m really not sure how his talent translates to which round NFL teams will look to draft him. I’m thinking the top of the 4th might be his sweet spot.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Because you always need a round 5-7 safety net in case your early round T fails. Probably better off signing a FA swing T type
Yeah you can never get lucky and find a good T in those rounds...........................

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Actually was gonna make a thread regarding JSN from highschool based off an athletic article.

Deleted it when I heard this news. Hopefully he goes to a team other than the packers.

Not that I think JSN is going to be picked by the Bears, but I really don't think signing Pettis would stop the Bears from drafting JSN if that is who they value. There are currently 9 WRs on the Bears roster and JSN would definitely be in the top 3 if not 2 of that list.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

“(2) The Bears should seriously consider taking Peter Skoronski if they stay at the ninth pick. Skoronski is not going to be a tackle in the NFL; he’s going to be a guard. And from what I’m told by folks who know way more than me, he can be a potentially top-level guard, a la Zack Martin. No one can convince me this current regime has any faith in the long-term viability of Teven Jenkins on this roster. Skoronski, pairing with Nate Davis, would give the Bears a pair of maulers on the inside, and the pick would give the Bears options with Jenkins.”

Sorry, give me a stud that can stay outside and a get a top 5 center. Mix in a guard somewhere for depth and let him battle with Carter and Leatherwood in camp. Otherwise, grab a top OT and Avila and decide if he plays center or guard. Avila gives you flexibility.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Why can’t Jenkins play right tackle again?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
According to Draft Kings Sports Book…

The Bears are:

- 180 to draft an offensive lineman first
+ 180 to go DT or Edge
+ 750 to pick a WR
+ 1,000 to go CB first
+ 2,500 to go RB (Bijan) @dentfan if you have conviction , there is serious money to be made!
+ 6,000 to go Safety
+ 10,000 to pick a TE first
+ 10,000 for a QB
+ 10,000 for a LB
+ 20,000 for a kicker, punter or long snapper (who in the actual fuck would bet this?)

I’d love to see that draft board! That number on a CB is really tempting.
I did put a little wager on CB with that +1,000.
I have to believe at least Gonzales is one of Poles’ blue players. Witherspoon might be too.
I like the value that number provides.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This pick will be the first, 1st round pick of Poles' career. He did well by trading down from #1 and getting extra picks and Moore, but I can't see him risking this pick on a "swing for the fences" type of guy. If he believes there is a bust factor with Carter, he will pass on him and take a high-floor foundational pick. For me, that's one of the offensive linemen (potentially with a trade down), Wilson or VanNess.
I mean, he has talked about having 7 blue players in this draft. I'm 100% sure Carter is one of them on the field for Poles as he is for everyone else. There are very few chances to get arguably the best player in the draft at the 9th pick.

So I just started diving into Dane Brugler's (The Beast) draft report today and my first take is this:

Don't fuck around with the OT position. Pick up one of PJ, Jones or Wright at 9 and be done with it.

I can find lots of DT's, Edge, and CB's that look interesting in the later rounds. But OT looks pretty bleak to me.
Yeah, I think if drafting for 2023, you have to get one of the top tackles (I'd include Anton Harrison as well who has more starts at OT than any of those other guys). The rest of the draft is a bunch of developmental guys, IMO. While there are a couple that I really like (Freeland and Wanya Morris), most after the top guys need a TON of work.

That being said, I think DT is the same way. If Carter is gone by 9, you're going to either have to reach or trade back for Adebawore or Kancey in order to get a DT that doesn't need a lot of work as well. And even both of those guys have huge question marks. Adebawore is raw and has never been a full-time DT. Kancey is tiny w/ 0 length. So, it's likely the Bears come out of this draft with at least 1 of DT/OT that isn't adequately filled.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
thats true but again, your making it sound like vjj has never fielded punts before which is not true. he just never fielded punts from a left footed punter...more often than not guys typically dont have an issue but its def different the way the ball comes to you, spins etc...if you've ever fielded punts in high school or college from right vs left you know what i'm talking about or batting against a lefty pitcher for the first time vs only righties. i think it was belichek that used a rugby guy as his punter as some point because they also kick the ball a certain way that makes it trickier to catch.
holy copium

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Why can’t Jenkins play right tackle again?
I don't think the team likes his length there. Hell, they barely like the player at all. But he already said he's moving to LG next year, so I don't think the RT thing is happening.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I love how DBB is declaring that Skoronski can’t play OT. There seems to be mixed feelings about it in the scouting world. I think he deserves a shot there until proven otherwise