**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I love how DBB is declaring that Skoronski can’t play OT. There seems to be mixed feelings about it in the scouting world. I think he deserves a shot there until proven otherwise
Not with his short arms. Edge rushers are long, lanky, bendy, strong, and fast in NFL. They will eat him alive on the outside. He will be like Nelson who is a perennial pro bowler as guard. I rather have PJJ, Jones, or Wright.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Not with his short arms. Edge rushers are long, lanky, bendy, strong, and fast in NFL. They will eat him alive on the outside. He will be like Nelson who is a perennial pro bowler as guard. I rather have PJJ, Jones, or Wright.
I think it’s a very real possibility he would have to move to guard. However, I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion. Jason Peters is a future HoFer and has 33 inch arms I believe. Skoronski is at 32 1/4. Are you positive that 3 quarters of an inch is that big a difference ?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Not disagreeing at all but there’s also a chance an OL at 9 won’t have a huge impact right away. Whether if it’s Carter or OL at 9, your drafting a talented player which you hope makes a huge impact in year 2 and beyond.
If we spend the #9 pick on an OT, I expect him to be far better than Borom, so yes, I expect immediate impact.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol. Michael Thomas and OBJ as #1’s. They haven’t been #1’s in a few years. Just exactly how will they get DJ Moore? Bradbury wasn’t exactly great for Minnesota as well.

Geisicki just got phased out in a very similar offense in Miami. Schultz can block unlike Geisicki.
Hes not a smart man

Here @Gustavus Adolphus I deleted the main mock sadly of where everyone flamed me for mocking Moore. I'm not saying I'm a genius for mocking just a really hopeful fan that had wanted him.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it’s a very real possibility he would have to move to guard. However, I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion. Jason Peters is a future HoFer and has 33 inch arms I believe. Skoronski is at 32 1/4. Are you positive that 3 quarters of an inch is that big a difference ?
Yes. No one under 33” arms has consistently started at OT in the NFL. 33 “ arms is the bare minimum.

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
Corner is real deep.

I do think that Duncan and Bergeron would be nice second round options at OT but I’m with you in terms of grabbing a stud OT at 9. For me it’s Johnson. Jones and Wright work too.
I agree. I've seen some scouting tape on all three and PJJ comes out as the best all-around talent with a high ceiling. Jones has a lot of technical issues but is very strong. Wright is the best pass blocker but his run blocking needs work.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree. I've seen some scouting tape on all three and PJJ comes out as the best all-around talent with a high ceiling. Jones has a lot of technical issues but is very strong. Wright is the best pass blocker but his run blocking needs work.
Give me one of those three, I’m happy. Bears recently don’t draft 1st in the trenches. Those guys are less likely fail.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Everyone uses the argument "is 3/4" that big a difference?" But I don't think that's really the point. The point is 32 1/4" arm length is an outlier. There's never been a successful OT with arms that short in the era where those things have been measured.

So while Skoronski may very well be able to play tackle in the NFL (he did in college better than anyone draft eligible this year), the real question is it worth taking an outlier very early in the draft and sticking him at OT where he would be an exception to the normal successful player there. The earlier you take him, the more you want to get enough value to justify a pick that high. If you have questions about the justification before you make the pick, you probably shouldn't make the pick. That being said, there's nothing wrong with taking a potentially elite OG in the top 10 and some team may take him to play him there (Eagles are rumored). But then the expected value changes for him.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Everyone uses the argument "is 3/4" that big a difference?" But I don't think that's really the point. The point is 32 1/4" arm length is an outlier. There's never been a successful OT with arms that short in the era where those things have been measured.

So while Skoronski may very well be able to play tackle in the NFL (he did in college better than anyone draft eligible this year), the real question is it worth taking an outlier very early in the draft and sticking him at OT where he would be an exception to the normal successful player there. The earlier you take him, the more you want to get enough value to justify a pick that high. If you have questions about the justification before you make the pick, you probably shouldn't make the pick. That being said, there's nothing wrong with taking a potentially elite OG in the top 10 and some team may take him to play him there (Eagles are rumored). But then the expected value changes for him.

Yeah good post. He would be an outlier for sure. That said, wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if he ends up being a perennial all pro at OG. Especially *IF* the Bears aren’t sold on Jenkins long term availability. Skoronski very well could be the best OL in the draft.

Bears need an OT though, so PJJ or Jones is probably the better value. I trust Poles in his evaluation. I think if the Bears stay at 9, PJJ or JSN will be the pick.

napo55

Liked Posts:

Well said. The Bears need an OT at pick #9. They can find an OG later on in the draft.. Therefore, Skoronski doesn't make sense at that pick because of the risk that he isn't a NFL tackle.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Yeah good post. He would be an outlier for sure. That said, wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if he ends up being a perennial all pro at OG. Especially *IF* the Bears aren’t sold on Jenkins long term availability. Skoronski very well could be the best OL in the draft.

Bears need an OT though, so PJJ or Jones is probably the better value. I trust Poles in his evaluation. I think if the Bears stay at 9, PJJ or JSN will be the pick.
Agree it will be either PJJ or JSN and don't be surprised if it's the later.