**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yup. Poles grabbed what he could during the honeymoon period before reality set in.
No one has any idea if that's true or not. It's always tough to trade any pick other than the #1 before the draft. Once teams know who's there at that pick, much more likely.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
My ideal scenario is the packers getting a 2nd rounder after all of this, and then the jets being just good enough to make the playoffs only to have rodgers flush their dreams down the toilet.
That's actually the most realistic outcome.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Jenkins situation is weird. I don't have an insider, but I'm pretty sure that a long-term Jenkins contract isn't going to happen, probably no matter how good he plays over the next 2 years. But they are in the position where he is one of their best 5, because he is so talented. Just apparently doesn't have the personality they want or something.

I think they would jump at the chance to trade/upgrade him, but the problem with that is: A) he's young, good and on a cheap rookie deal and B) they haven't put forth the effort to spend for someone better and C) they won't get any value by trading him

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, Jenkins situation is weird. I don't have an insider, but I'm pretty sure that a long-term Jenkins contract isn't going to happen, probably no matter how good he plays over the next 2 years. But they are in the position where he is one of their best 5, because he is so talented. Just apparently doesn't have the personality they want or something.

I think they would jump at the chance to trade/upgrade him, but the problem with that is: A) he's young, good and on a cheap rookie deal and B) they haven't put forth the effort to spend for someone better and C) they won't get any value by trading him

Missing 15 games in 2 seasons could have something to do with it

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If we spend the #9 pick on an OT, I expect him to be far better than Borom, so yes, I expect immediate impact.
Being a Bears fan, I’m so used to Bears 1st rounders having zero impact for their entire career.
Bears hate Tevin Jenkins. Story by @JordanSigler

So now we’re quoting DBB thru a SM article le. Double whammy

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I’m not sure what the deal is with Jenkins. Maybe they’re not sold on his long term health? Which is fair considering he’s a big OL that had back surgery. Fair to assume he might not have a long and healthy career

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
thats about the only thing pettis can hold onto, 9 career td's during his time 4yrs at Washington. Pettis is essentially a middle of the pack punt returner and a bottom tier WR, he'll drop multiple balls hitting him in the hands or his face but then make an acrobatic catch that he has no business making...its no wonder why this is his 3rd team thus far on 1yr deals...vjj is at least on an upwards trajectory imo, his kick returning is top 5 in the nfl, he's supposedly working hard on his route running /working out with fields and if he can iron out the punt returning woes, he's not that far off from pettis' avg of 9 yrds per punt return.
I like VJJ but if Pettis is just middle of the pack how come he still has the record in college? I'm not a big Pettis fan just saying.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I’m not sure what the deal is with Jenkins. Maybe they’re not sold on his long term health? Which is fair considering he’s a big OL that had back surgery. Fair to assume he might not have a long and healthy career
I do think you have to go into the year with quality assurance that Jenkins can be replaced when he goes down, not if he goes down. I hate holding that against him but it is the truth for a competitive team.

Shame if he doesnt resign here, I really like his talent. He is willing to go hit someone because they landed a late hit on the QB, which is something this line hasnt had since Kyle Long.

Bet he punches with a roll of quarters.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Better then Borom more then likely but doesn’t mean he’s going to be an immediate impact. No draft picks are guaranteed to make immediate impacts.
*than

Is everybody else not fed up with these shit-for-brains who don't know the stark difference between 'than' and 'then'?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I do think you have to go into the year with quality assurance that Jenkins can be replaced when he goes down, not if he goes down. I hate holding that against him but it is the truth for a competitive team.

Shame if he doesnt resign here, I really like his talent. He is willing to go hit someone because they landed a late hit on the QB, which is something this line hasnt had since Kyle Long.

Bet he punches with a roll of quarters.

Well if they do move him to LG and he goes down, they could have Cody step in assuming he’s not cut. Start Cody at C but draft a C to groom behind him or even compete for the starting job.

I agree though, they need insurance for Jenkins and really, they need improved depth pretty much all across the OL.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Missing 15 games in 2 seasons could have something to do with it
Has to do with what? Why they can't get anything for him? I agree.

It shouldn't have anything to do why they don't seem to like him though. He only missed 4 games in this regime and probably came back too soon from an injury. And they jerked him around (benched at RT before pads came on) before he missed any time under their watch.