**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yesterday on Moving the Chains, Pat Kirwan was discussing two potential second round OTs that the Bears have met with during the pre-draft process, Jaelyn Duncan and Matthew Bergeron.

Kirwan said Bergeron is nastier, has heavier hands, and is much better prepared to play right now. He said they both have impressive athletic profiles, but he definitely would select Bergeron first.

By the way, he mentioned he thought Poles looks like a guy that really knows what he’s doing and was impressed with how he handled the trade down and the compensation the Bears received.

Kirwan said the Bears need to make a couple of o-line picks and spend the rest up front on defense.

Miller chimed in and said they have to find an upgrade for Vildor at CB 3. He said he doesn’t care if they pick a slot corner which keeps Gordon outside or go the other way as long as they bring in a viable prospect and move Vildor down the depth chart.

By the way, Kirwan mentioned he absolutely loves Benton from Wisconsin as a prospect. He thinks his best football has been yet to be played.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Thisis why I could only halfway listen to /read DJ's interview with Weiderer. His theory on this scenario in particular is senseless. Seems like the media ONLY has the Bears projected to constantly do something weird and out-think themselves. As if they HOPE we do in order to a) stay losing and b) give them something negative to talk about.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm pretty sure i knocked this one out of the park from 2015.

R.Pace
---First time GM isn't scared to come in and make some trades and had a great first draft and free agency.
J.Fox---He's a players coach and when players are happy and love playing for you then you'll always get the best out of them.
A.Gase---This guy is a bright young mind and we're seeing what he's doing for Jay but we could lose him after this year. Lets hope not but if we do i have faith in R.Pace and J.Fox that they'll find the right guy to take over.
V.Fangio----What this guy is getting out of the players he has to work with is just amazing. He's also a guy we might lose after this year and i again have faith that Pace and Fox will fill his role with the right guy.
J.Cutler---This is the guy that we were all hoping for.
J.Langford/K.Carey-----the future RB combo for the next 7/8 years.
A.Jeffery/K.White/E.Royal/M.Wilson---If K.White turns into what we think he'll be we'll have one of the best WR units in the league.
M.Bennett/Z.Miller---If Miller can stay healthy and Bennett can play like we've seen him play since he's been here then we're set at TE.
K.Long/M.Slausen/C.Leno/H.Grasu---the makings of a good o-line and i think they'll find a new RG in the off season.

I'm not gonna do the defense cause that's where the off season work needs to be done but i just wanted to show that if this is the real J.Cutler and the J.Cutler that we can count on for the next 2/3 years then our offense is pretty much set with just a couple of tweaks here and there.

@Anytime23 @cameronkrazie86 @Gustavus Adolphus @tardigrade @HeHateMe
Crazy that a guy who has me on ignore is tagging me in this post.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yesterday on Moving the Chains, Pat Kirwan was discussing two potential second round OTs that the Bears have met with during the pre-draft process, Jaelyn Duncan and Matthew Bergeron.

Kirwan said Bergeron is nastier, has heavier hands, and is much better prepared to play right now. He said they both have impressive athletic profiles, but he definitely would select Bergeron first.

By the way, he mentioned he thought Poles looks like a guy that really knows what he’s doing and was impressed with how he handled the trade down and the compensation the Bears received.

Kirwan said the Bears need to make a couple of o-line picks and spend the rest up front on defense.

Miller chimed in and said they have to find an upgrade for Vildor at CB 3. He said he doesn’t care if they pick a slot corner which keeps Gordon outside or go the other way as long as they bring in a viable prospect and move Vildor down the depth chart.

By the way, Kirwan mentioned he absolutely loves Benton from Wisconsin as a prospect. He thinks his best football has been yet to be played.
I've read a few things that Bergeron is more a fit on the inside.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I've read a few things that Bergeron is more a fit on the inside.
Kirwan did mention that people think he might end up at guard, but he thinks him and skoronski can play T.

Kirwan also mentioned he thinks van Ness best days are ahead of him and that he'll be an end on early downs and 3T on 3rd downs

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
You know it sucks when your a homer of that player’s college team and you want nothing to do with him.
Damn, I try to be optimistic, but this does give a pit in my stomach.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kirwan did mention that people think he might end up at guard, but he thinks him and skoronski can play T.

Kirwan also mentioned he thinks van Ness best days are ahead of him and that he'll be an end on early downs and 3T on 3rd downs

I just have this bad feeling we’re going to end up with Van Ness in round 1 and that gangly fucker from Utah will be our RT.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I just have this bad feeling we’re going to end up with Van Ness in round 1 and that gangly fucker from Utah will be our RT.
While van Ness isn't my favorite option, I prefer him to some of the other edge guys if they go that route.

Are you talking Freeland? Or Braeden daniels from Utah? Freeland is an awful prospect whose only been talked about because of his combine. Daniels is a decent late round pick, but in a developmental role not as a starter. (I'm assuming Freeland as he is gangly)

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
While van Ness isn't my favorite option, I prefer him to some of the other edge guys if they go that route.

Are you talking Freeland? Or Braeden daniels from Utah? Freeland is an awful prospect whose only been talked about because of his combine. Daniels is a decent late round pick, but in a developmental role not as a starter. (I'm assuming Freeland as he is gangly)
Freeland. Sorry…. BYU…. Utah…. ?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This shit again.
The media has jumped the shark with this new guy reset the financial clock narrative.
1) Anthony Richardson is more athletic J'marcus Russell without the purple drank right now. Jaw dropping talent with little idea of how to actually play QB.
2) Richardson is easily 2 years away from being capable of being a NFL capable QB. So then you are right back in the same position in 2025.
3) Poles already showed his hand, he traded back to #9, verifying Fields is the guy
4) Do they actually think Poles wants to upgrade at QB, but thought hey how about not get the guy I want and I will just hope someone slides to #9?
5) If Richardson falls to #9 hopefully another treasure trove trade back is offered up. Teams in the Bears situation 2 years ago, where they didn't have the capital to jump to #1, will start thinking about the move. NE at #14 and #46, Pitt at #17 and #32, TB at #19,#50, #82.

Keyshawn speaking the truth.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Like you, I'm not a big fan of any defensive lineman that didn't feast on the sieve that was the Cornhusker offensive line last season. That said, Van Ness' lack of snaps played and raw skills do make him a very attractive prospect. I'm team #OT all day long, but certainly Van Ness provides a need.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
This shit again.
The media has jumped the shark with this new guy reset the financial clock narrative.
1) Anthony Richardson is more athletic J'marcus Russell without the purple drank right now. Jaw dropping talent with little idea of how to actually play QB.
2) Richardson is easily 2 years away from being capable of being a NFL capable QB. So then you are right back in the same position in 2025.
3) Poles already showed his hand, he traded back to #9, verifying Fields is the guy
4) Do they actually think Poles wants to upgrade at QB, but thought hey how about not get the guy I want and I will just hope someone slides to #9?

Keyshawn speaking the truth.
It is because it is really to make a money argument sound smart. Justin Fields is a high-performance component that is still in development; looking to replace that component for something that you are not certain will be better, and you are only predicting marginal improvement, when what you have is still in development, is by definition wasteful. Waste gets people fired. Poles has shown himself to be conservative with his resources, so the amount of certainty it should take to move on from Fields at this stage means that he should have never moved out of #1.

The unproductive money has been/is winding down and there is no poison pill on the horizon that makes the salary cap in any way difficult. There is no financial argument for drafting a quarterback to replace Fields. Richardson could be the next big deal, Poles could elect to draft him for better reasons, but to pretend that it makes money sense is absurd.

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
I still don't understand why anyone would suggest the Bears would draft a quarterback. the quarterback they have wasn't the problem, it was the rest of the offense due to the previous GM throwing money at the wall like it was shit hoping something would stick for 7 seasons.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It is because it is really to make a money argument sound smart. Justin Fields is a high-performance component that is still in development; looking to replace that component for something that you are not certain will be better, and you are only predicting marginal improvement, when what you have is still in development, is by definition wasteful. I know that I can be a headache to read sometimes, but I am describing a circumstance that would get someone fired in a scenario I have experienced. Poles has shown himself to be conservative with his resources, so the amount of certainty it should take to move on from Fields at this stage means that he should have never moved out of #1.

The unproductive money has been/is winding down and there is no poison pill on the horizon that makes the salary cap in any way difficult. There is no financial argument for drafting a quarterback to replace Fields. Richardson could be the next big deal, Poles could elect to draft him for better reasons, but to pretend that it makes money sense is absurd.
The other thing that is being ignored is that to reset the financial clock and drafting a QB at this point would be premature and logistically incorrect. Fields is cheap for 2 more year and reasonably priced for another.

If Fields unexpectedly takes a step backwards, that would mean the Bears will have added premium surrounding pieces with the 5 picks in the first 3 rounds this draft and go into the next draft with the draft capital( likely being 2 high 1sts) to go get a top QB, stepping into a much more development friendly situation and then you have 5 yrs of a rookie QB in a much more fast track development situation.

I assume these talking heads know that and are just talking to fill the dead air a week before the draft.