**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It isn't senseless. It is that the most conservative assumption is that the team has had that conversation and came to a conclusion in March.

If you agree that having the conversation about trading Fields and drafting his replacement is sensible, why do you think that Poles moved out of the first pick before having that conversation?

If you agree that QB is so valuable that it is of prime concern to lock them in at the lowest possible cost, why would you accept risk at not getting the player you identify as better than the one you have at a rookie cost at present?

Do you not think, on balance, that talking about moving on from Fields using the 9th overall pick is too late when you had the 1st overall pick last month?
When did i say they didn't have the conversation when they still had the #1 pick? I'll answer, i didn't.

If the player/QB isn't there at #9 then there is no risk because you then move on and draft the player on top of your list and carry on with Fields. Why do you think it wouldn't be a good idea to have a QB that's right on pace with your rebuild on a rookie contract?

You guys have me struggling on who's idea to trust more. fans on a message board or one of the most respected draft people out there on Daniel Jeremiah. Hmmmmmmmmm

All i'm saying is the conversation should be had on what to do if certain QB's are on the board at #9 and if you like any of them better than Fields. Never said it should happen, just to have the convo and the funny thing is i'd bet that convo absolutely happened.

Canth

Liked Posts:
How do you know what their board was? How do you know if something hasn't changed that board since when they traded down was before pro days and other things have happened and plenty of "draft experts" have changed their boards probably more than once since we traded down? Do you think our board was set two months ago? I don't.

I am sure their board has changed or iterated over time. However, I am also sure that before trading down from #1 overall, they determined that Fields was their guy, at least for 2023. There is no way that they would spend a top 10 pick on a QB in 2023 after trading out of #1. It literally makes no sense to do that. If there is a qb sitting there at #9 that some teams think could be worthy of a 1st round pick, it is a hell of a lot more likely that Poles looks to trade down again for even more picks. This allows the Bears to address their many needs and build the overall team. If Fields does not pan out after all, the next guy will be in a much better position to succeed as they will have spent this draft building the overall team.

So in summary, did the Bears have discussions on drafting a new qb? I am sure they did when they held the #1 pick. Obviously, they decided that Fields was their guy as they traded back. Now, logic says they are looking to build the team overall and maximize their ability to truly evaluate Fields in 2023.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Bill Polian was on the radio recently and was laughing about how fans think there are huge risers and fallers from combine and pro days. Mentioned teams have already thoroughly scouted these guys and have graded them out. The testing numbers might give a slight bump but nothing huge. So to think that the combine or pro day changed your mind about the #3 or #4 qb over the guy you chose to keep instead of taking the #1 qb would be pure incompetence

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
When did i say they didn't have the conversation when they still had the #1 pick? I'll answer, i didn't.

If the player/QB isn't there at #9 then there is no risk because you then move on and draft the player on top of your list and carry on with Fields. Why do you think it wouldn't be a good idea to have a QB that's right on pace with your rebuild on a rookie contract?

You guys have me struggling on who's idea to trust more. fans on a message board or one of the most respected draft people out there on Daniel Jeremiah. Hmmmmmmmmm

All i'm saying is the conversation should be had on what to do if certain QB's are on the board at #9 and if you like any of them better than Fields. Never said it should happen, just to have the convo and the funny thing is i'd bet that convo absolutely happened.
You do know that these so called draft people get things wrong all the time right?

Why would Poles come out and say Fields is our QB if he didn’t mean it? Do you honestly think Poles wants to start bad blood in his second year as GM? I’m sure the conversations happened when they had the first pick, but not at #9. Use that tiny brain of yours.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bill Polian was on the radio recently and was laughing about how fans think there are huge risers and fallers from combine and pro days. Mentioned teams have already thoroughly scouted these guys and have graded them out. The testing numbers might give a slight bump but nothing huge. So to think that the combine or pro day changed your mind about the #3 or #4 qb over the guy you chose to keep instead of taking the #1 qb would be pure incompetence
THE SAME BILL POLIAN WHO HELPER HIRE THE GM WHO TRADED THE 32ND PICK FOR CHASE CLAYPOOL????

No cred

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Never said he was. It's really not that hard to understand.

can you now show me the prooof you have that he isn't or at least hasn't had that convo? Thanks
Can you show me the proof that Poles has discussed drafting a QB at #9? Proof meaning direct quotes from Poles himself. Thanks!

Use your tiny brain please.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well if ill Polian said it then it must be true. I don't even know why every team sends scouts, coaches and front office people to these pro days. Derp

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You do know that these so called draft people get things wrong all the time right?

Why would Poles come out and say Fields is our QB if he didn’t mean it? Do you honestly think Poles wants to start bad blood in his second year as GM? I’m sure the conversations happened when they had the first pick, but not at #9. Use that tiny brain of yours.
So if the people that do this stuff for a living and still get it wrong, which they do and nobody on here has brought this up every single year around draft time more than i have, then i wonder how wrong fans on a message board are? Hahahaha

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
So if the people that do this stuff for a living and still get it wrong, which they do and nobody on here has brought this up every single year around draft time more than i have, then i wonder how wrong fans on a message board are? Hahahaha
Like @Anytime23 just said above your post….You have to be an idiot if you think Poles is drafting a QB at #9. Or even having conversations about it.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Well if ill Polian said it then it must be true. I don't even know why every team sends scouts, coaches and front office people to these pro days. Derp
You're a special kind of stupid if you think combine and pro days have more importance to scouts and execs than actually watching them play the game against other teams

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Like @Anytime23 just said above your post….You have to be an idiot if you think Poles is drafting a QB at #9. Or even having conversations about it.
Well @Anytime23 is the top idiot on CCS that spends all of his time trolling every media person in Chicago and multiple people on message boards. Now i'm trying to think about what that makes his puppets that follow him around and hate on everyone he hates on!? Hmmmmmmm

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Next time just say no you can't show me and maybe don't say you know something you don't.
I can’t show you proof just like you can’t show me proof. But some people have a better understanding of common sense than others. Use that tiny brain of yours and understand the common sense which we are discussing.

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
To me: it would be stupid to take a QB at 9. At 1 different story. But I would still keep fields, even though I love young as a QB prospect.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Well @Anytime23 is the top idiot on CCS that spends all of his time trolling every media person in Chicago and multiple people on message boards. Now i'm trying to think about what that makes his puppets that follow him around and hate on everyone he hates on!? Hmmmmmmm
He doesn’t tell me who to hate. You do that job for him.

@Anytime23