**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If Bears fix center and RT this draft they have first most in cap space next off season with two first round picks expect a major haul.
Maybe 3 if they trade down to a team desperate for a QB and there is one at 9.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
When did i say they didn't have the conversation when they still had the #1 pick? I'll answer, i didn't.

If the player/QB isn't there at #9 then there is no risk because you then move on and draft the player on top of your list and carry on with Fields. Why do you think it wouldn't be a good idea to have a QB that's right on pace with your rebuild on a rookie contract?

You guys have me struggling on who's idea to trust more. fans on a message board or one of the most respected draft people out there on Daniel Jeremiah. Hmmmmmmmmm

All i'm saying is the conversation should be had on what to do if certain QB's are on the board at #9 and if you like any of them better than Fields. Never said it should happen, just to have the convo and the funny thing is i'd bet that convo absolutely happened.
You said that they should have the conversation now. Nothing that has happened in the past month or so could possibly have changed their opinion on Fields. So you are suggesting that off-season work will change your evaluation instead of confirm your evaluation.

So you are suggesting that the pro day of a prospect will change your evaluation of game film. If that is your opinion, then I bet you supported the Jets drafting Zach Wilson for his off-season than Fields for what happened in-season.

There isn't any money reason to change from Fields based on anything that has come out in the off-season because he is currently on a rookie contract and having it timed out to a specific time period makes sense if the rebuild has difficult finances to balance. Poles stripped the team of difficult finances, so it is a non-issue. That is why there is no financial argument to be made. Please don't try to make a money argument.

Your appeal to authority is a very obvious textbook logical fallacy, and you are so dug in to feeling persecuted that you are refusing to make a point that you can back up.

The only reason to talk QB at 9 is if you aren't committed to Fields. If you aren't committed to Fields near-term, then you stay at 1. You only move out of 1 if you have conviction in Fields, and you are suggesting a strategy that lacks conviction. You're supporting a point that you can't argue on because a sports writer needed to sell content in the offseason.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well @Anytime23 is the top idiot on CCS that spends all of his time trolling every media person in Chicago and multiple people on message boards. Now i'm trying to think about what that makes his puppets that follow him around and hate on everyone he hates on!? Hmmmmmmm
This is not true at all. I also spend time trolling people in DEN, DET, GB, MIA, PIT and CAR.

I'm sorry that you're a victim of your own actions and everyone on CCS hates you.

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels

Interesting comments on Braxton Jones here. I have no clue how they don’t take a tackle at 9.
This man is an expert and sees the flaws with Braxton. And has the same thinking I have of moving BJ to RT if one of the top LTs are drafted.
I was told by a certain poster that this line of thinking was a waste of time. So many know it all's on this board. Thanks for sharing this @BaBaBlacksheep

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This man is an expert and sees the flaws with Braxton. And has the same thinking I have of moving BJ to RT if one of the top LTs are drafted.
I was told by a certain poster that this line of thinking was a waste of time. So many know it all's on this board. Thanks for sharing this @BaBaBlacksheep

He also sees flaws in PJJ and Broderick Jones. Listened to the pod last night

Broderick is raw and has only one starting season under his belt. Lots of work to be done there.

PJJ can get bullrushed which is pretty much the same issue B Jones had

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Broderick is raw and has only one starting season under his belt. Lots of work to be done there.

So what would you do at T?

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels

That was not my point, but I agree that PJJ can be bullrushed. BUT PJJ has better footwork and technique than Braxton does.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It’s a good read but honestly some of his logic isn’t sound. For example in reference to moving Braxton to RT:

“Yeah, I think you definitely put the guy you draft top 10 at his position as opposed to the fifth rounder. I think that is a no-brainer.”

While I might agree with moving him to RT, it shouldn’t matter where he was drafted. His draft status is irrelevant at this point. Plenty of top picks play in the right side or even on the inside of the OL before moving to LT or OT.

You play who is better at the position.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

There’s flaws with all of them. No prospect is perfect.

My concern is the scarcity of them.

Both of them will have a year or two of growing pains.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trade down for Wright and get more picks

But if I had to choose at 9 and it had to be an OT, I take PJJ
Sounds great until you get too cute trading down and someone takes him.

The biggest problem we have is the entire NFL knows we need a tackle so we’re a prime candidate to get jumped by other tackle needy teams.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The current favorites to be selected at 9 (not necessarily by the Bears) according to DK Sports Book:

Darnell Wright and Jalen Carter are +300

Paris Johnson Jr. and Peter Skoronski are +350

The next guy up is Broderick Jones at +1,000

JSN is +1,500

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In an interview with Pro Football Focus published before McGinn’s report but after some rumored scores for players in this draft had already emerged online, cofounder Brandon Ally said that the company is “aware of scores being leaked, and we’re not sure where that’s coming from, but I will say take some of those with a grain of salt.”

“We have seen, ‘Hey, so-and-so scored the highest in the class, or the highest ever, and so-and-so scored low,’ and it’s like, ‘Yeah, that’s not true,’” Ally continued. “With that being said, this class as a whole—all the guys in the discussion—have scored really, really well.”

Someone is lying. Either the founder of the test who said they all scored well or the source of Stroud's 18%tile

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sounds great until you get too cute trading down and someone takes him.

The biggest problem we have is the entire NFL knows we need a tackle so we’re a prime candidate to get jumped by other tackle needy teams.

Nothing insane or a big move. Maybe the low teens.