**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I bet first position drafted by the Bears:

CB +1,000

RB +2,500
How’s his receiving and blocking skills?

Sounds great until you get too cute trading down and someone takes him.

The biggest problem we have is the entire NFL knows we need a tackle so we’re a prime candidate to get jumped by other tackle needy teams.
Here’s a nice write up from a guy who likes to assemble draft intel. Again, take it with a grain of salt, but it is interesting. He thinks Phillie may trade up for Carter. I also wouldn’t be surprised at a trade up for Paris. He also comes to the same conclusion I did months ago on Bijan.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/comments/12upf15

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Four Texas players have won the Doak Walker Award for the outstanding college RB of the season.

They are Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, Bijan Robinson and who?

The answer is in the video clip.

The fourth guy was a stud in college and starting to really play well before his Achilles injury in the NFL.

He was pretty damn good last year.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Let’s hope the Bears draft Bijan. People are starting to wake up to what I’ve been saying for months, November, I think.

Now, I’m seeing PFF walk back their RB analysis and how they’ve been mocking him too late. BR to the Bears would be the best pick they could make at 9.
It would be tough to argue that a RB room with Bijan, Herbert, Foreman and Homer would be one of the best in the NFL. Combine that with a top 10 or better WR room and a respectable TE group, the offensive weapons available to Fields would be outstanding and sufficient to support his growth.

They would have to use at least three of the next four picks upfront on both sides of the ball. I’d like to see a CB mixed in there too.

If they select Bijan, a group of Bergeron, Stromberg, Benton (or the best available edge) and Brents might work nicely.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Let’s hope the Bears draft Bijan. People are starting to wake up to what I’ve been saying for months, November, I think.

Now, I’m seeing PFF walk back their RB analysis and how they’ve been mocking him too late. BR to the Bears would be the best pick they could make at 9.
If it is Bijan, I’d rather see a trade down and then draft him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Here’s a nice write up from a guy who likes to assemble draft intel. Again, take it with a grain of salt, but it is interesting. He thinks Phillie may trade up for Carter. I also wouldn’t be surprised at a stared up for Paris. He also comes to the same conclusion I did months ago on Bijan.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/comments/12upf15

After reading Bob McGinns stuff I guarantee you one of his main sources is Greg Gabriel. I’d recognize his melodramatic BS anywhere.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Would absolutely love to have him as a bear

He needs some more refinement to his game, but he’s a physical freak that can get after the QB and still holds up decent in the run game.

the fact he came from stocking shelves at a dollar general…that only fuels that hunger to never have to go back to that. He will want to be great and willing to put the work in.

I mentioned to someone else on the board that if drafted, he would likely already be the bears best pass rusher(SAD!)

But im a trenchy guy, if I was Poles…each of those first 4 picks would likely be spent on Offensive linemen and Dline/Edge guys

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Hmmm…I’m curious what those concerns are.

is it just the DM’s on Twitter he sent that one day?

Guy was never rumored to be in any trouble in his time in Knoxville, much less ever charged or accused of anything

Seems like typical pre draft B.S. to me. Probably the media attacking the kid for his DM “attack” on one of their own

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
It would be tough to argue that a RB room with Bijan, Herbert, Foreman and Homer would be one of the best in the NFL. Combine that with a top 10 or better WR room and a respectable TE group, the offensive weapons available to Fields would be outstanding and sufficient to support his growth.

They would have to use at least three of the next four picks upfront on both sides of the ball. I’d like to see a CB mixed in there too.

If they select Bijan, a group of Bergeron, Stromberg, Benton (or the best available edge) and Brents might work nicely.
Somebody has been peeking at my new mock that’s going to drop soon!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

As with all draft picks, when discussing value and value to team, we have to work under the assumption that they play to draft position.

With that said, there is no way Bijan should ever be the Bears draft pick.

PJJ displaces Larry Borom as a starting tackle, that is a massive upgrade to the OL.

J Carter does the same at DT

BR moves two, average to above average RB's down a slot.

The weapons JF now has are no longer a hindrance to his success, the OL continues to be at this moment. Add in position value and it would be malpractice to take BR at #9.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’d take Bijan and use that cap to find a right tackle or rely on Poles talent eye. I mean he found a LT in the 5th round.

Bijan would make our offense a real threat, everyone would love the pick once the games start. I don’t care what people think in April.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If it is Bijan, I’d rather see a trade down and then draft him.
Bro, I had a new mock ready to drop on Thursday. I had a sweet trade down in it with Washington.

1682172729376.jpeg

After PFF and Draft Stock Exchange, I just don’t think he gets past the top ten! In fact, if Washington were to do this trade up, it might not be for Can Ness or Gonzalez, like I would have mocked, but it may be for Bijan because Bienemy is desperate for a RB of his caliber, and a bunch of Washington reporters are worried they may draft him.

I’m going to tweak my mock and not out the trade down in it. I think, if we want BR, we have to take him at 9. Also, a dude at work who has some serious gambling issues and is tied in to the draft pretty deep, told me that he thinks we may not get him at 9!
So, yeah, it looks more and more like there’s no trading back and getting him. Either we want him or we don’t.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
As with all draft picks, when discussing value and value to team, we have to work under the assumption that they play to draft position.

With that said, there is no way Bijan should ever be the Bears draft pick.

PJJ displaces Larry Borom as a starting tackle, that is a massive upgrade to the OL.

J Carter does the same at DT

BR moves two, average to above average RB's down a slot.

The weapons JF now has are no longer a hindrance to his success, the OL continues to be at this moment. Add in position value and it would be malpractice to take BR at #9.
I’m not advocating for the pick just extrapolating how it might play out. I want PJJ or Wright. I can live with Jones too.