**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From the Bob McGinn series if people are wondering the source of the quote.

I was out on him long before seeing this. Hopefully Poles is too.
I’ve been posting for weeks that I want nothing to do with Carter. Do you think guys that quit at their pro days don’t quit in the 4th quarter of a NFL game?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I’ve been posting for weeks that I want nothing to do with Carter. Do you think guys that quit at their pro days don’t quit in the 4th quarter of a NFL game?
That quit happens long before the 4th quarter of an actually NFL game. That quit begins in rookie mini camp.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It's so closed-minded to think Carter "quit" at his pro day. He wasn't in shape. He likely knew he wasn't in shape, and it was stupid of him to work out if he knew it was possible he wouldn't be at his best.

I understand there's some red flags here. But there were red flags for Laremy Tunsil. There were red flags for Randy Moss. Everybody compares it to the Albert Haynesworth situation, but Haynesworth didn't get lazy until he got paid. If that happens with Carter, you have 5 years of potentially the best player in this draft. I'll take that and let someone else pay him if you think that will be the case after 5 years of him in your building.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Also of note, DJ Moore was interviewed after the trade and said he doesn't really watch football. He didn't grow up watching it. He didn't love it either. That doesn't stop him from being a very good player. Doesn't mean he doesn't put in work to be as good as he can be.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
It's so closed-minded to think Carter "quit" at his pro day. He wasn't in shape. He likely knew he wasn't in shape, and it was stupid of him to work out if he knew it was possible he wouldn't be at his best.

I understand there's some red flags here. But there were red flags for Laremy Tunsil. There were red flags for Randy Moss. Everybody compares it to the Albert Haynesworth situation, but Haynesworth didn't get lazy until he got paid. If that happens with Carter, you have 5 years of potentially the best player in this draft. I'll take that and let someone else pay him if you think that will be the case after 5 years of him in your building.
There's a lot of other physically talented players that flamed out, hence it being a "risk." There's plenty of room for failure here too, or severely underwhelming when you might be better off taking a physical specimen as well like Paris Johnson who doesn't have the same red flags.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Uh, do you see the problem there with the bolded part?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Good video with Chucky P doing the breakdown. Funny Bears mention somewhere between minutes 6-7.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's fine. I think that's less likely than him being the only DT in the draft that can change a defense

Confused with your wording here. Are you saying he’s the only DT that can change a defense in this draft?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
There's a lot of other physically talented players that flamed out, hence it being a "risk." There's plenty of room for failure here too, or severely underwhelming when you might be better off taking a physical specimen as well like Paris Johnson who doesn't have the same red flags.
Just because a guy is a specimen who doesn't have red flags doesn't make him a safe pick. Zach Wilson was a fine young lad from a Mormon school who made pretty throws at this pro day. He went over a guy who couldn't win the starting QB job at Georgia so transferred to The QB Bust University after having a seizure once in high school where he would be the last one in, first one out of practice.