**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes, he wasn't in shape for March when games are played in September. Firing squad immediately.

LOL. Biggest job interview in his life and he wasn’t in shape. Not sure why you’re defending this clown but have at it. I’ll hitch my wagon to a horse that actually has some pride.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
LOL. Biggest job interview in his life and he wasn’t in shape. Not sure why you’re defending this clown but have at it. I’ll hitch my wagon to a horse that actually has some pride.
I'm not necessarily defending him. I'm defending my opinion against yours.

But yeah, 300lb guys sometimes get out of shape. He wasn't in great shape after sitting out a month before the semifinal game. Yet he came back and dominated the championship game a week later. But my point is, you're taking the best player in the draft off the radar because he was out of shape 6 months before he has to step on the field for a meaningful game again. And while he was dealing with the media reporting actual lies about his involvement in the death of one of his best friends.

The Bears have met with him for multiple days since then. They probably worked him out as well. If they have a problem with him after spending 2 days with him, then so be it. But please forgive me if I don't just take your word for it because you want guys with pride.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's so closed-minded to think Carter "quit" at his pro day. He wasn't in shape. He likely knew he wasn't in shape, and it was stupid of him to work out if he knew it was possible he wouldn't be at his best.

I understand there's some red flags here. But there were red flags for Laremy Tunsil. There were red flags for Randy Moss. Everybody compares it to the Albert Haynesworth situation, but Haynesworth didn't get lazy until he got paid. If that happens with Carter, you have 5 years of potentially the best player in this draft. I'll take that and let someone else pay him if you think that will be the case after 5 years of him in your building.
Sorry but the other guys you mentioned had attitude problems but kept themselves in elite physical condition. Randy Moss was a Greek god. Tunsil smoked some weed but he wasn’t out of shape and excelled on the field. Sapp smoked weed but had elite production and was in good physical condition for a DT.

Football requires mental toughness. I don’t like what I’ve seen from Carter in the playoffs or the pre-draft season.

If the Bears pick him, I’ll support him and give him a fair chance. I hope I’m wrong.

If the Lions pick him, I hope he’s the lazy slug I think he is.

Last edited:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
It's so closed-minded to think Carter "quit" at his pro day. He wasn't in shape. He likely knew he wasn't in shape, and it was stupid of him to work out if he knew it was possible he wouldn't be at his best.

I understand there's some red flags here. But there were red flags for Laremy Tunsil. There were red flags for Randy Moss. Everybody compares it to the Albert Haynesworth situation, but Haynesworth didn't get lazy until he got paid. If that happens with Carter, you have 5 years of potentially the best player in this draft. I'll take that and let someone else pay him if you think that will be the case after 5 years of him in your building.
A list could be formed for red flag players both whom succeed in the nfl and failed in the nfl. Comparing Carter to past red flag nfl players has no meaning.

The concern is how many red flags have popped up since his bowl game. I mean just in your first short paragraph you mentioned 4 red flags. This is a pick Poles can not screw up and Carter is one player who has the make up of going down that path. Not saying it will 100% happen, but is that the risk you really want to take right now. Especially when there is tremendous talent elsewhere who could help the team out. Players who don’t hold those concerns.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Sorry but the other guys you mentioned had attitude problems but kept themselves in elite physical condition. Randy Moss was a Greek god. Tunsil smoked some weed but he wasn’t out of shape and excelled on the field. Sapp smoked weed but had elite production and was in good physical condition for a DT.

Football requires mental toughness. I don’t like what I’ve seen from Carter in the playoffs or the pre-draft season.

If the Bears pick him, I’ll support him and give him a fair chance. I hope I’m wrong.
Attitude problems? LOL. Moss ended up at Marshall because of LEGAL problems. He got kicked out of Florida State, which is hard to do. Tunsil smoking weed was ILLEGAL at the time.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm not necessarily defending him. I'm defending my opinion against yours.

But yeah, 300lb guys sometimes get out of shape. He wasn't in great shape after sitting out a month before the semifinal game. Yet he came back and dominated the championship game a week later. But my point is, you're taking the best player in the draft off the radar because he was out of shape 6 months before he has to step on the field for a meaningful game again. And while he was dealing with the media reporting actual lies about his involvement in the death of one of his best friends.

The Bears have met with him for multiple days since then. They probably worked him out as well. If they have a problem with him after spending 2 days with him, then so be it. But please forgive me if I don't just take your word for it because you want guys with pride.

You’re just making excuses for him.

Fact is he had one job. Preform at his pro day. He failed. Don’t really care about what the media was saying. He’s a professional athlete in a major city and his job will be to prepare and perform regardless of what the media says.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:

Carter when in season was a physical marvel.

Just happened to have an extremely tumultuous string of time following the national championship game and the combine.

It's understandable that he fell out of shape with all of that absolutely insane stress going on. He in part helped create that stress by his driving but there has to be some bit of understanding of how easy it is for a kid his age to be overwhelmed.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Attitude problems? LOL. Moss ended up at Marshall because of LEGAL problems. He got kicked out of Florida State, which is hard to do. Tunsil smoking weed was ILLEGAL at the time.
So clearly had some attitude problems as well.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Oh boy, a college kid smoking some weed with his buddies.

Again, those guys were highly productive and in excellent football shape.

Carter couldn’t finish position drills at his pro day. He gained 13 pounds between his weigh in at the combine and his pro day.

Defend him all you want. I’m not joining that bandwagon.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Carter when in season was a physical marvel.

Just happened to have an extremely tumultuous string of time following the national championship game and the combine.

It's understandable that he fell out of shape with all of that absolutely insane stress going on. He in part helped create that stress by his driving but there has to be some bit of understanding of how easy it is for a kid his age to be overwhelmed.
Being overwhelmed is no excuse. People go through bigger stresses in life than he did and still find ways to get their shit done. That’s immaturity at its finest.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
A list could be formed for red flag players both whom succeed in the nfl and failed in the nfl. Comparing Carter to past red flag nfl players has no meaning.

The concern is how many red flags have popped up since his bowl game. I mean just in your first short paragraph you mentioned 4 red flags. This is a pick Poles can not screw up and Carter is one player who has the make up of going down that path. Not saying it will 100% happen, but is that the risk you really want to take right now. Especially when there is tremendous talent elsewhere who could help the team out. Players who don’t hold those concerns.
Ah so I see the disconnect is with how "important" this pick is. See, Poles CAN afford to screw up this pick. Why? Because it's a very talented player at arguably the most important position on the defense. He CAN afford to make a mistake because A) it's early in his tenure, he isn't going to be fired because a DT flames out early. B) the Bears will go as Fields go. Jalen Carter being great or bad has much less effect on the team than you think. Granted you can say not taking an OT at 9 to support Fields could lead to Fields not being good, which I'd accept as a legit argument. C) the Bears have an extra day 2 pick. They have extra picks each of the next 2 years as well. They still have a ton of money. And Poles proved in 1 year that he can find starting caliber players outside of the 1st round.

Ryan Pace didn't get fired because he messed up his first 1st round pick (Kevin White). He got fired because he messed up the QB position. It's better for Poles to take a chance on a player like Carter now when the Bears aren't expected to compete and have the resources to replace him if it goes bad, than it would be to take a chance next year when the team could be in legit contention.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Fact is he had one job. Preform at his pro day. He failed. Don’t really care about what the media was saying. He’s a professional athlete in a major city and his job will be to prepare and perform regardless of what the media says.
No. He had 1 job that 1 day. He had several private meeting with teams including 2 that made his agent completely rule out teams outside of the top 10. But go off.

Oh boy, a college kid smoking some weed with his buddies.

Again, those guys were highly productive and in excellent football shape.

Carter couldn’t finish position drills at his pro day. He gained 13 pounds between his weigh in at the combine and his pro day.

Defend him all you want. I’m not joining that bandwagon.
Oh boy, a college kid racing some cars with his buddies.

See 2 can play this game.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyways…. He will probably go to Seattle and be good for a while but never truly max out. (Maybe in his contract year) Carroll is a pretty damn good coach who can get something out of him. Put him in Chicago and I think he crashes and burns under the media and fan attention. This city just eats up certain types of athletes.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

It's weird to think a 22 year old or anyone really wouldn't be affected somewhat by being there when a friend died and this might affect their focus the next couple months. My concern would be more how that impacts his long term psyche than whether he can be in shape for training camp.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Ah so I see the disconnect is with how "important" this pick is. See, Poles CAN afford to screw up this pick. Why? Because it's a very talented player at arguably the most important position on the defense. He CAN afford to make a mistake because A) it's early in his tenure, he isn't going to be fired because a DT flames out early. B) the Bears will go as Fields go. Jalen Carter being great or bad has much less effect on the team than you think. Granted you can say not taking an OT at 9 to support Fields could lead to Fields not being good, which I'd accept as a legit argument. C) the Bears have an extra day 2 pick. They have extra picks each of the next 2 years as well. They still have a ton of money. And Poles proved in 1 year that he can find starting caliber players outside of the 1st round.

Ryan Pace didn't get fired because he messed up his first 1st round pick (Kevin White). He got fired because he messed up the QB position. It's better for Poles to take a chance on a player like Carter now when the Bears aren't expected to compete and have the resources to replace him if it goes bad, than it would be to take a chance next year when the team could be in legit contention.
Read my last two sentences again. That’s why you don’t draft Carter. No one needs an explanation on why Pace got fired. If Poles drafts Carter and he bombs, that’s a horrible look for Poles and this organization. Seems like Poles is trying to do the opposite of what Pace did.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Being overwhelmed is no excuse. People go through bigger stresses in life than he did and still find ways to get their shit done. That’s immaturity at its finest.
OK? He was 21 at the time. Is he not allowed to be immature? And no, not many people go through a more stressful time than having millions of dollars at risk because lies are being spread in the media about you fleeing the scene of a car crash that killed a teammate and good friend.

I personally have never been through the stress of a good friend dying suddenly, nor have I stood to lose millions or go to jail.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
No. He had 1 job that 1 day. He had several private meeting with teams including 2 that made his agent completely rule out teams outside of the top 10. But go off.

Oh boy, a college kid racing some cars with his buddies.

See 2 can play this game.
Big difference between smoking weed in a college room and and racing cars which ends up in a death. Please tell us how those are related.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It isn't easy being a GM.

If you were to list the two names most fans here have stated they want to stay away from, (myself included at one point), it would be Jalen Carter and Peter Skoronski.

Carter is often referred to as the best talent in the draft, but many want to avoid him because he has high bust potential.

But the guy who may have the lowest bust likelihood is Skoronski, and we want to avoid him due to positional value.

#9 for an interior lineman seems way too high. But if you were to poll analysts and ask a guy they most expect to be a good NFL player for a long time, his may very well be the name they throw out first.

So, GM's get to weigh these decisions, and when they do make a pick, they'll be criticized by at least a portion of fans before the guy they pick ever plays a down.

Fortunately, I believe we have a GM comfortable in his process and confident in his decision making.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
OK? He was 21 at the time. Is he not allowed to be immature? And no, not many people go through a more stressful time than having millions of dollars at risk because lies are being spread in the media about you fleeing the scene of a car crash that killed a teammate and good friend.

I personally have never been through the stress of a good friend dying suddenly, nor have I stood to lose millions or go to jail.
Really, not many people go through bigger stresses than having millions of dollars at stake? That’s hilarious.

I have been through the stress of losing a good friend, but you know what, someone out there has been through worse stresses then me.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Read my last two sentences again. That’s why you don’t draft Carter. No one needs an explanation on why Pace got fired. If Poles drafts Carter and he bombs, that’s a horrible look for Poles and this organization. Seems like Poles is trying to do the opposite of what Pace did.
There is tremendous talent elsewhere. Literally 0 of it is as tremendous as Carter. Sure it's a horrible look. But who cares? Pringle and Moore getting arrested last offseason right after Poles signed them was a horrible look. The team overcame Sam Hurd being arrested midseason as a drug kingpin. They overcame that DT (can't remember his name) threatening to kill himself in the Halas Hall parking lot years back.

I know past players have no bearing on Carter. But you guys are acting like Carter has a huge criminal history. He isn't going to be a Josh Gordon. He got lazy. If he's lazy and he's not a good player because of that, that's not a groundbreaking occurrence. It happens. High and low profile players. I'm just saying, the risk is worth the reward here.