**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Anyone being drafted inside the top 10 is being drafted for their tremendous talent. They aren’t being drafted because they are ok.
Tremendous compared to the average guy on the street? Sure.

But I am talking NFL talent, and expectations. No, it is not a given that someone has tremendous NFL talent because he goes Top 10 if the talent level overall is lower than normal years. I don't see many prospects - if any at all - in this draft being projected to be NFL studs compared to players already in the league.

Who are these tremendous talents that will take the league by storm?

I thought it was pretty much universally accepted that this draft is rather average. The Top QB has size limitations, it's largely accepted among scouts that only one WR has 1st round talent, there are zero top OTs that are the sure things one would expect to see at the top. Overall, the talent this year is not overwhelming.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I mean, stress like that isn't normal for you unless your decision indirectly affects someone dying. And even then, it's less stress than that person being an actual friend.

Unless you are a surgeon/anesthesiologist and you screw up an operation or dosage of a friend or family member, it's not the same.
Please don’t tell me what stress like that is or isn’t in my setting. And please don’t compare what Carter went through is even remotely as stressful or similar to what patients or their family members go through in my setting.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Why would CB be at the top of the list because it's a "premium position", but DT and OT wouldn't?
Only because Poles mentioned CB alongside EDGE.

If he is there and Poles does go BPA, OL/DL talent won’t match Witherspoon’s ability.

The Carter stuff is definitely making me uneasy, even at 9.

The talking heads are selling me on Darnell Wright, he may not even be available via a trade down, but my whole point above was if he is there, that pick wouldn’t surprise me.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would rather they get Sweat. Too many injuries for Young.
They aren’t going to be offering Sweat. If they did, the draft pick compensation for Poles will be considerably less.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Please don’t tell me what stress like that is or isn’t in my setting. And please don’t compare what Carter went through is even remotely as stressful or similar to what patients or their family members go through in my setting.
I didn't say anything about family members or patients. I'm talking about YOU and YOUR stress, which YOU brought up. And I'm going to assume you're not even a doctor, because you would have said that instead of "work at a hospital". Don't come at me with this BS.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
People literally died from the accident, he had to live with that which is highly traumatic.

He was served his arrest warrant the day he was supposed to speak at the combine in a highly public fashion.

And yes, he's immature. He's a 22 year old man, he's going to have to grow up a bit like a lot of 22 year olds do.

This is about as far from a normal situation as you can get. That type of stress and trauma really isn't something we can compare to our everyday lives.
I think he would be a great fit on this defense if he lives up to potential, but I think that he will be a better fit with a coach with more rings on the tree who also has the security to bring a top pick along slowly. I hope Seattle takes him before Poles has to make that decision.

I do hold his offseason conditioning as a red flag that needs to be heavily considered. His team will look to him the moment he is drafted to step up. He will need to continue to work with his trauma while working in the NFL and the pressure is only going to increase. I have only high hopes for Carter, but it is my preference that Poles look to OT even if Carter is available at 9.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Carter had 44 tackles and six sacks total at Georgia.

An elite DT prospect with red flags, Warren Sapp had 176 tackles and 19.5 sacks.

Red flags and minimal production scream top 10 pick…

I doubt he can provide 20 NFL quality snaps a game. He’ll eat his way out of the league by the end of his rookie contract.
To be fair, Sapp played in a conference that was garbage and didn’t play the run well at all.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think he would be a great fit on this defense if he lives up to potential, but I think that he will be a better fit with a coach with more rings on the tree who also has the security to bring a top pick along slowly. I hope Seattle takes him before Poles has to make that decision.

I do hold his offseason conditioning as a red flag that needs to be heavily considered. His team will look to him the moment he is drafted to step up. He will need to continue to work with his trauma while working in the NFL and the pressure is only going to increase. I have only high hopes for Carter, but it is my preference that Poles look to OT even if Carter is available at 9.
Conditioning can taught. But laziness has to be removed.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I didn't say anything about family members or patients. I'm talking about YOU and YOUR stress, which YOU brought up. And I'm going to assume you're not even a doctor, because you would have said that instead of "work at a hospital". Don't come at me with this BS.
A sign of immaturity folks. You have shown your true colors.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
A sign of immaturity folks. You have shown your true colors.
What's immature about what I said? You brought up stress in your job and then turned it around to families or patients going through stuff, which is completely not the topic at hand. We were talking about Carter's stress at the pro day, when his friends died and the media was essentially blaming him for it and threatening felony charges that could put his NFL future at risk.

Then you started talking about stress in your job working at a hospital, not as a doctor. Am I immature for pointing out that you didn't say you were a doctor? That would be stressful. If you are a doctor, I apologize for doubting your stress level at your job. But you also have to understand that you misrepresented your job if that's the case. Maybe you don't want people to know you're a doctor, which doesn't make any sense, but whatever.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:

I'm 35 right now, if you put me through a stressful event comparable to Carter's recent situation I'd be much more capable of handling it than 21 year old me.

I hope for his sake that he's learned something from this. I hope that if we draft him we don't have a partying culture in our locker room for him to gravitate to. I hope he matures and fulfills his immense potential.

The Bears do need high end talent to help get them to where we all want them to be. You don't want them to take the risk on Carter and others see that drafting him is a risk you can't pass up. We'll see if he's even there at 9 or this is all a big waste of time!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
To be fair, Sapp played in a conference that was garbage and didn’t play the run well at all.
But to be fair, that guy that didn’t play the run very well was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame…

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Thinking what Carter went through is far worse then what people in my field experience. That alone is immaturity. Have a good day sir!
I didn't say that though. I didn't even say "far worse" at all. Just said that most people don't go thru the stress of a friend dying, potential felony charges, and losing millions of dollars. You brought up working in a hospital AFTER I said that as an arguing point against me.

You are making up things that didn't happen and getting the panties underneath your scrubs in a bunch (this is immature, but I want to make you right about something).

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But that guy that didn’t play the run very well was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame…
My point being— 2 different players. One was a pass rusher while the other is a balanced DT. I don’t really give a shit about comparing 2 DT’s that played 30years apart. I’d love for Poles to get a dominant pass rushing DT but FA and the draft just simply doesn’t(or didn’t) have one available.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Conditioning can taught. But laziness has to be removed.
Absolutely with you here. That is another point in favor of someone like Pete Carroll coaching him. A coach with real stability who will be able to whip him into shape, who has a longer career of success than most with a defensive scheme that will fit the talent.

I am not sure if Pitt is a system that fits him as well, but Tomlin is another with a long track record of success that I would trust here.