**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
This is the RB I want to see the Bears add. How many times have Monty or Herbert been yanked down the last two years on runs that should have gone to the house?

This guy runs hard, has elite change of direction and start and stop, excellent balance, good hands, and he’s incredibly fast.

Again, for Gibbs or Archane, you’re better off with Deuce Vaughn 3 rounds later. Archane is a speed freak, sure, but he may go at the end of the first. In fact, we may see 2-3 RBs go in the first. I know, people are mocking a 5’8” WR who doesn’t have 4.3 speed in the first. That’s crazy. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Archane go late first or early 2nd. So, for that price, I’d prefer Deuce Vaughn.

Last edited:

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
It's so closed-minded to think Carter "quit" at his pro day. He wasn't in shape. He likely knew he wasn't in shape, and it was stupid of him to work out if he knew it was possible he wouldn't be at his best.

I understand there's some red flags here. But there were red flags for Laremy Tunsil. There were red flags for Randy Moss. Everybody compares it to the Albert Haynesworth situation, but Haynesworth didn't get lazy until he got paid. If that happens with Carter, you have 5 years of potentially the best player in this draft. I'll take that and let someone else pay him if you think that will be the case after 5 years of him in your building.
Both Tunsil and Moss had issues with Marijuana which are very different than the issues relating to Carter whose problems are not only his maturity level but more importantly, his dedication to his craft. The stories of him not practicing hard, being late to meetings and not showing up in the weight room have been surrounding him for the past couple of years. He was out of shape at his pro day and he did quit midway through. It was stupid of him to work out, but maybe it was his hubris that led him to not take the pro-day seriously. Unfortunately, that is consistent with the red flags that surround him.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
LOL. Biggest job interview in his life and he wasn’t in shape. Not sure why you’re defending this clown but have at it. I’ll hitch my wagon to a horse that actually has some pride.
He was focusing all his efforts on resolving his criminal case and probably meeting with all the folks surrounding the crash.

I don’t know why you would put more stock into a pro day than years of tape.

A person with no pride wouldve just skipped his pro day. Carter went even though he had been dealing with that other matter.

Maybe he busts, maybe he doesn’t. But his pro day gives 0% indication either way.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A week from today all this speculation shit will finally be over. Then everyone can turn to why we should have drafted the other gay.
How many gays are in this draft and how do you know the Bears are drafting one?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Again, for Gina’s or Archane, you’re better off with Deuce Vaughn 3 rounds later. Archane is a speed freak, sure, but he may go at the end of the first. In fact, we may see 2-3 RBs go in the first. I know, people are mocking a 5’8” WR who doesn’t have 4.3 speed in the first. That’s crazy. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Archane go late first or early 2nd. So, for that price, I’d prefer Deuce Vaughn.
3 or 4.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Both Tunsil and Moss had issues with Marijuana which are very different than the issues relating to Carter whose problems are not only his maturity level but more importantly, his dedication to his craft. The stories of him not practicing hard, being late to meetings and not showing up in the weight room have been surrounding him for the past couple of years. He was out of shape at his pro day and he did quit midway through. It was stupid of him to work out, but maybe it was his hubris that led him to not take the pro-day seriously. Unfortunately, that is consistent with the red flags that surround him.
Randy moss quit on his team in the nfl when he was on the raiders

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I remember people claiming Julius Peppers took games off when he would literally be in the backfield all game. You build up expectations for a lineman so great that when they dont live up to it its all of a sudden laziness or doesnt love football. His character may be a concern but who was questioning his dedication to football until his pro day fiasco?

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
You’re just making excuses for him.

Fact is he had one job. Preform at his pro day. He failed. Don’t really care about what the media was saying. He’s a professional athlete in a major city and his job will be to prepare and perform regardless of what the media says.
Especially after the combine that he had. It had been reported he wasn't honest with some of the teams he met with prior to being charged. That Pro day was extremely important to his draft stock but he decided to come in out of shape and quit halfway through

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm 35 right now, if you put me through a stressful event comparable to Carter's recent situation I'd be much more capable of handling it than 21 year old me.

I hope for his sake that he's learned something from this. I hope that if we draft him we don't have a partying culture in our locker room for him to gravitate to. I hope he matures and fulfills his immense potential.

The Bears do need high end talent to help get them to where we all want them to be. You don't want them to take the risk on Carter and others see that drafting him is a risk you can't pass up. We'll see if he's even there at 9 or this is all a big waste of time!
My godson had a friend die in his car accident. Completely turned his life around for the better.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I remember people claiming Julius Peppers took games off when he would literally be in the backfield all game. You build up expectations for a lineman so great that when they dont live up to it its all of a sudden laziness or doesnt love football. His character may be a concern but who was questioning his dedication to football until his pro day fiasco?
So did Richard Dent.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
People literally died from the accident, he had to live with that which is highly traumatic.

He was served his arrest warrant the day he was supposed to speak at the combine in a highly public fashion.

And yes, he's immature. He's a 22 year old man, he's going to have to grow up a bit like a lot of 22 year olds do.

This is about as far from a normal situation as you can get. That type of stress and trauma really isn't something we can compare to our everyday lives.
stop with this traumatic angle...
all carter had to do was say he wouldnt perform at his pro day because of the trauma he's dealing with and 99% of the people would have understood...he decided against it...

Bust

Liked Posts:
WOW! Did this executive get a hold of the Ohio State QB list????

Stroud scored 18,” an executive said. “That is like red alert, red alert, you can’t take a guy like that. That is why I have Stroud as a bust. That in conjunction with the fact, name one Ohio State quarterback that’s ever done it in the league.”

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He was focusing all his efforts on resolving his criminal case and probably meeting with all the folks surrounding the crash.

I don’t know why you would put more stock into a pro day than years of tape.

A person with no pride wouldve just skipped his pro day. Carter went even though he had been dealing with that other matter.

Maybe he busts, maybe he doesn’t. But his pro day gives 0% indication either way.

I’m definitely not!

Numerous people have said he half asses it. The pro day was just par for the course.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Lots of people.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Moss definitely had maturity isshes as well.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Again, for Gina’s or Archane, you’re better off with Deuce Vaughn 3 rounds later. Archane is a speed freak, sure, but he may go at the end of the first. In fact, we may see 2-3 RBs go in the first. I know, people are mocking a 5’8” WR who doesn’t have 4.3 speed in the first. That’s crazy. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Archane go late first or early 2nd. So, for that price, I’d prefer Deuce Vaughn.
Vaughn is talented and tough guy but he’s tiny. He’ll need to be incredibly elusive in the NFL or he’ll get blown apart.

I think Achane would be well worth it if he’s there at pick one in the 3rd. I doubt he’s going in the first or early second.

I won’t knock Vaughn. I love his competitiveness and play making ability.

Is he Tavon Austin or Darren Sproles? I’m not sure.