**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
People who follow Georgia have also pointed out the scheme isn't really conducive to production for DTs, as they both rotate a lot and are more of block eaters. The tape shows Carter dominating the LOS. Even in the OSU game there was a breakdown showing he did his job well in that game.

50% of the time he looks great!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Moss was offered a scholarship at Notre Dame; however, he was involved in a racially charged fight at his high school. Moss was backing a friend in a hallway fight against a white student who had used racist comments towards Randy's friend. Moss, plead guilty to two counts of misdemeanor battery and was sentenced to probation. However, Moss was expelled from his high school resulting in Notre Dame pulling his scholarship offer. Florida State did offer him a scholarship, but he had to redshirt his freshman year because the NCAA ruled it as a transfer. During his redshirt season at Florida State, Moss tested positive for marijuana, which violated his probation stemming from his high school fight, and Florida State dismissed him from School. I’m not taking the position that Moss didn’t have maturity issues, but outside of the high school fight, most of them involved his use of Marijuana
Moss also used his car to shove a traffic control officer down the street.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I like Vaughn but prefer Achane, he’s faster, he’s good in the pass game like Vaughn, and he’s an excellent kick returner. Here’s a nice example of his return ability against a quality opponent.

Achane’s production was in the SEC compared to the Big 12. This is coming from someone who enjoys and follows TCU football.

Vaughn had some great moments against TCU in his career too.

If the Bears end up with Vaughn, I’d be happy.
I'm not at all questioning achane the player, just saying he's much more slightly built than vaughn

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Honestly, the UGA rotation “reasoning” for the lack of production is nauseating. If anything, he should be more fresh when he’s in and racking up more TFLs and sacks.
Please ignore the scheme part. It's almost like you haven't actually ever watched him. But I'll trust your analysis over literally every paid scout whose spoken about his play

TL1961

Liked Posts:
But to be fair, that guy that didn’t play the run very well was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame…
So was Richard Dent, who was always accused of taking plays off. I watched every game he played, and several days you wondered if he was in the lineup. And yet, Super Bowl champion, Super Bowl MVP and Hall of Famer.

So maybe the accusations of a college player "taking plays off" isn't as big a red flag as many want to make it out to be.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Please ignore the scheme part. It's almost like you haven't actually ever watched him. But I'll trust your analysis over literally every paid scout whose spoken about his play

The scheme reasoning falls into the same boat for me. Part of the reasoning for poor production numbers? Sure….but falls way short of explaining it all away.

I have watched UGA so you’re wrong about that….and I have watched other film breakdowns of him. Trust whoever you’d like…I never claimed to be an infallible pro scout. Those same pro scouts are wrong every year just about as often as they are right

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Both Tunsil and Moss had issues with Marijuana which are very different than the issues relating to Carter whose problems are not only his maturity level but more importantly, his dedication to his craft. The stories of him not practicing hard, being late to meetings and not showing up in the weight room have been surrounding him for the past couple of years. He was out of shape at his pro day and he did quit midway through. It was stupid of him to work out, but maybe it was his hubris that led him to not take the pro-day seriously. Unfortunately, that is consistent with the red flags that surround him.
If Carter is that strong while skipping the weight room, imagine what he can become with an NFL training regimen. :p

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
So was Richard Dent, who was always accused of taking plays off. I watched every game he played, and several days you wondered if he was in the lineup. And yet, Super Bowl champion, Super Bowl MVP and Hall of Famer.

So maybe the accusations of a college player "taking plays off" isn't as big a red flag as many want to make it out to be.
Except I never mentioned taking plays off. I mentioned being out of shape, lacking productivity, quitting at his pro day and leaving the scene of an accident.

Also, he gained 13 pounds between the combine and his pro day.

When was Richard Dent out of shape?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Everyone has their own criteria, but for me, a pre-requisite for a professional football player is being in elite physical shape, and having a burning desire/love for the game and to be great (especially a top 10 pick)

Then there’s all the other stuff - production, measurables, etc

The fact that Carter doesn’t even have the pre-reqs is disturbing

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yeah, kind of a big difference between smoking weed which effects only you, and racing in public which effects everyone on the road. Combine that with what happened as a result, yeah….terrible comparison. Not even in the same stratosphere

Edit: That incident aside, I’m honestly more concerned about the football related stuff - Out of shape, questions about the love for the game, missing workouts, poor production etc.
The actual acts committed are in the exact same stratosphere. They are both misdemeanor offenses that would have little or no jail time and fines, if prosecuted. You can't look at the effect and treat the deaths as normal. Most times, people don't die from racing cars. Carter was cited before for driving like 95 in a 35, so clearly this wasn't their first race. Just like people have died from weed laced with stuff they didn't know about. Sure, you can more immediately see the negative effects that can happen with racing. But that legally doesn't actually make it worse.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
BUST @ohiostate!

I tend to disagree with your anti OSU bias but I have to admit that Stroud's bottom S2 score would concern me. Pretty excited that Fields did great on that.

:snoop"
That said. There's also this disclaimer regarding Stroud. Apparently he said all did well so the leak is likely bullshit.

Last edited:

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Honestly, the UGA rotation “reasoning” for the lack of production is nauseating. If anything, he should be more fresh when he’s in and racking up more TFLs and sacks.
Are you saying he’s not by far the best DT prospect in the draft when he is on the field? And there isn’t even a close second?

You may have watched a few UGA games. I’ve watched every one, along with practically every pro evaluator who comes to the same conclusion. On a team with multiple first round DL, Carter was clearly the best among them.

They aren’t reaching that conclusion by coincidence.

Jesus, take issue all you want with conditioning, the wreck, etc, but to sour on him due to his “lack of production “ after probably only watching a few of his games isn’t logical.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Vaughn is talented and tough guy but he’s tiny. He’ll need to be incredibly elusive in the NFL or he’ll get blown apart.

I think Achane would be well worth it if he’s there at pick one in the 3rd. I doubt he’s going in the first or early second.

I won’t knock Vaughn. I love his competitiveness and play making ability.

Is he Tavon Austin or Darren Sproles? I’m not sure.
Devon Arcane is 5’8” and about 190.

Deuce Vaughn is 5’5” and about 180.

So, Devin carries 10 more lbs on 4 more inches, making him leaner. So, they’re both very small backs. With Arcane’s speed and the shit pile of speed at WR THIS YEAR. He may go a lot higher than people think. I know, people gonna intone “positional value” like a Catholic Priest with the Eucarist, but this draft is historically shit for OL and the WR are more complimentary and slot than primary and big outside X. In fact, the only real top X may not even go in the first.

So, though Vaughn lacks height, fair enough, he doesn’t really lack mass. He also has much better hands than Arcane. Much better, maybe the best in the draft.

Vaughn is an elite passing option. He runs routes better than most receivers and has natural hands, rarely using his body to catch the ball

Kansas State also frequently used him as a receiver, both out of the backfield and as a true receiver. He was often motioned from the backfield into the slot to create an empty backfield spread look. Vaughn is a very good receiver from all alignments. He runs crisp routes with a good feel for finding voids in coverage. He also has good ball skills, using his agility to make good adjustments to the ball downfield, and is a reliable “hands” catcher. While he is frequently used as a check-down option, Vaughn is also used as an intermediate and deep threat as well.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There are tons of great DL who don't get numbers because of scheme.
People here love Hargraves, look at him numbers in a predominantly 2 gap system and then look in a more 1 gap. It's like a different player statistically.

Ogunjobi was consistently getting 6-7 sacks in one gap, moves to 2 a gets 1 sack. Many other examples of this.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Moss also used his car to shove a traffic control officer down the street.
He was frequently arguing with coaches and teammates throughout college as well. He dropped in the draft due to maturity issues. Some teams had him completely removed from their draft boards

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Everyone know Randy Miss took many plays off lol

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Moss was offered a scholarship at Notre Dame; however, he was involved in a racially charged fight at his high school. Moss was backing a friend in a hallway fight against a white student who had used racist comments towards Randy's friend. Moss, plead guilty to two counts of misdemeanor battery and was sentenced to probation. However, Moss was expelled from his high school resulting in Notre Dame pulling his scholarship offer. Florida State did offer him a scholarship, but he had to redshirt his freshman year because the NCAA ruled it as a transfer. During his redshirt season at Florida State, Moss tested positive for marijuana, which violated his probation stemming from his high school fight, and Florida State dismissed him from School. I’m not taking the position that Moss didn’t have maturity issues, but outside of the high school fight, most of them involved his use of Marijuana
You guys are dismissing marijuana because it's mostly harmless. But it was illegal nationwide when Moss smoked. It was illegal when Tunsil did it almost everywhere and certainly where Tunsil was located. If racing cars, skipping things, and being out of shape is immature....then certainly smoking weed when you know it can potentially get your scholarship taken away is certainly immature as well.