**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Except I never mentioned taking plays off. I mentioned being out of shape, lacking productivity, quitting at his pro day and leaving the scene of an accident.

Also, he gained 13 pounds between the combine and his pro day.

When was Richard Dent out of shape?
Not playing hard on every play has been one of the knocks on Carter. Whether you specifically said that, or it was just (many) others, the point is that not every player goes full bore on every play. We love the ones that do, but there are many productive players who don't look like they bust their ass every single down.

I don't need eyewash. Players trying to look like they're hustling but providing nothing productive.

Does Carter have other concerns? Yes.

His speeding is a separate issue from his play on the field. If you're going to criticize him for everything - including the prediction he will eat his way out of the league - at least let people respond to these individually.

Maybe his other concerns are too much to overcome. I was addressing one criticism, and pointing out that it was overblown.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So was Richard Dent, who was always accused of taking plays off. I watched every game he played, and several days you wondered if he was in the lineup. And yet, Super Bowl champion, Super Bowl MVP and Hall of Famer.

So maybe the accusations of a college player "taking plays off" isn't as big a red flag as many want to make it out to be.
He didn't push plays that weren't coming his way and saved energy for when it was most needed. Dude always showed up when it mattered.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Moss also used his car to shove a traffic control officer down the street.
LOL, I agree, but it was because he had weed in his car and had been smoking. It is like I said, he had maturity problems stemming from his use of marijuana

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He didn't push plays that weren't coming his way and saved energy for when it was most needed. Dude always showed up when it mattered.
There were games in which we literally wondered if he had played as his name was never called. As a DE maybe the opponent is running the other way all day. It's not like a MLB who will get #'s no matter what. But Dent was dogged by the criticism of not always going hard his entire career.

That's not me knocking him. He's in the HOF and I am happy he is. Thta's just me telling an absolute fact. He was dogged by that constantly.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The actual acts committed are in the exact same stratosphere. They are both misdemeanor offenses that would have little or no jail time and fines, if prosecuted. You can't look at the effect and treat the deaths as normal. Most times, people don't die from racing cars. Carter was cited before for driving like 95 in a 35, so clearly this wasn't their first race. Just like people have died from weed laced with stuff they didn't know about. Sure, you can more immediately see the negative effects that can happen with racing. But that legally doesn't actually make it worse.
People dying from laced weed? Wat?

Have never heard of that. I have heard of people dying in car crashes though. I don’t care about the misdemeanor distinction or legality. You’re talking about a legal system that sees rapists serve less time than people with drug offenses in some cases.

I’d say about 90% of people I know do or have smoked weed before. Especially in college. I know literally 2 people who ever raced in the streets and they are both epic morons. You’re talking 2 different stratospheres between Tunsil and Carter

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Not going to happen but if Poles was able to pull this off, he would be having an amazing offseason.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
People dying from laced weed? Wat?

Have never heard of that. I have heard of people dying in car crashes though. I don’t care about the misdemeanor distinction or legality. You’re talking about a legal system that sees rapists serve less time than people with drug offenses in some cases.

I’d say about 90% of people I know do or have smoked weed before. Especially in college. I know literally 2 people who ever raced in the streets and they are both epic morons. You’re talking 2 different stratospheres between Tunsil and Carter
He likely refers to the many who have died smoking weed laced with fentanyl but, like you, I don't see what it has to do with racing or getting drafted into the NFL for that matter.

The fact Carter has settled that case means teams will be more willing to draft him high than they would have been had the case not been settled. Still, there are massive character issues. Is this the type of shit he's still going to do while in the NFL? Are his combine and Pro day workouts indicative of the type of player your drafting or was he just distracted by that ongoing case at the time?

Bust

Liked Posts:
Everyone know Randy Miss took many plays off lol

it's good strat to bait your defender that you taking plays off and slacking (catching wind) on some plays. Do that for a few plays, catch him relaxing . . . BOO()M!

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Are you saying he’s not by far the best DT prospect in the draft when he is on the field? And there isn’t even a close second?

You may have watched a few UGA games. I’ve watched every one, along with practically every pro evaluator who comes to the same conclusion. On a team with multiple first round DL, Carter was clearly the best among them.

They aren’t reaching that conclusion by coincidence.

Jesus, take issue all you want with conditioning, the wreck, etc, but to sour on him due to his “lack of production “ after probably only watching a few of his games isn’t logical.
He’s the most talented DT prospect in the draft. He also has major red flags. Desire for the game, lack of conditioning/work ethic being the main ones. Those are huge for me. Like I said before, those are pre-reqs he simply doesn’t have. Some will brush those aside. They weigh heavier for me

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He likely refers to the many who have died smoking weed laced with fentanyl but, like you, I don't see what it has to do with racing or getting drafted into the NFL for that matter.

The fact Carter has settled that case means teams will be more willing to draft him high than they would have been had the case not been settled. Still, there are massive character issues. Is this the type of shit he's still going to do while in the NFL? Are his combine and Pro day workouts indicative of the type of player your drafting or was he just distracted by that ongoing case at the time?

Does he love the game?
Does he have a desire and worth ethic to be the best?
Is he a pro? Will he conduct himself like a pro when given millions of dollars?
Can he stay in shape so he can give consistent effort on the field?

Those are my biggest concerns and I don’t have confidence that he checks any of those boxes.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
His production is not spotty. Watch a detailed breakdown of that OSU game. No EDGE help, and Carter was still disrupting that OL a ton. Bounced Stroud off his spot a whole lot.

I get you don’t want the Bears to draft Carter, but your analysis of his play couldn’t be more wrong, imo.

But who knows-SEA may take him so it won’t even be a decision for Poles to make.

He shows up 50% of the time. If the Bears draft him I’m trademarking the name Captain 50%.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
He’s the most talented DT prospect in the draft. He also has major red flags. Desire for the game, lack of conditioning/work ethic being the main ones. Those are huge for me. Like I said before, those are pre-reqs he simply doesn’t have. Some will brush those aside. They weigh heavier for me
You are completely assuming he doesn’t have those pre-reqs. You don’t know that he doesn’t. I don’t know everything, and I don’t claim to, but I never heard any of that shit about Carter. Certain other players-sure.

Now it’s draft season, and people say a lot of things. For example, that line that he half-asses when he is on the field. A cursory analysis of his tape shows that’s a lie.

So again, some people saying “he doesn’t have a love for the game” doesn’t make it so. Just like the crap said about Fields wasn’t true a few years back.

I’m not brushing anything aside, I’m simply not accepting all pre-draft noise as gospel.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That’s simply not true. You haven’t watched a lot of tape on him if that’s what you think.
It’s lying season. Agents and teams will simply make up shit for their own reasons.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
You are completely assuming he doesn’t have those pre-reqs. You don’t know that he doesn’t. I don’t know everything, and I don’t claim to, but I never heard any of that shit about Carter. Certain other players-sure.

Now it’s draft season, and people say a lot of things. For example, that line that he half-asses when he is on the field. A cursory analysis of his tape shows that’s a lie.

So again, some people saying “he doesn’t have a love for the game” doesn’t make it so. Just like the crap said about Fields wasn’t true a few years back.

I’m not brushing anything aside, I’m simply not accepting all pre-draft noise as gospel.
That’s fair. You’re right…I don’t know those things. There is a ton of smoke though surrounding those question marks, and if true, they are huge concerns. If he’s there at 9 and Poles selects him, I will trust Poles and hope those concerns prove invalid