**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
That’s fair. You’re right…I don’t know those things. There is a ton of smoke though surrounding those question marks, and if true, they are huge concerns. If he’s there at 9 and Poles selects him, I will trust Poles and hope those concerns prove invalid
That’s fair. I’m not in the Carter or screw it camp. I just think he’s gonna be of the best DL I’ve seen in a few years.

If Poles doesn’t trust the risk, and his instinct is to go to another player or trade down, I’m all for it. A lot of good players to choose from.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That’s simply not true. You haven’t watched a lot of tape on him if that’s what you think.

Don’t tell me what I have and haven’t done. We have a difference of opinion but don’t assume it’s because I haven’t watched the guy.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Olovsky isn't the be all to end all. But do you believe Fieds drops to 11 without those rumors?

Like I said, it benefited the Bears but to make such an unsubstantiated statement, esp as a former player, shortly before the draft , is really pretty douchey, knowing it could effect a players future
These guys have a tough job but not sure it's even needed at all, especially the wishy washy guys that impact a players position and millions of dollars based on unproven information, in the real world people get shot for ringing the wrong doorbell. Seems it worked out well for JF but still.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I could definitely see the Bears having an interest in Chase Young. However, I don't see Washington selling low on him. They either go into the season with him and try to move him at the deadline, or they move him for a conditional 2024 pick based on performance. He just turned 24 and if he puts together a season as he did in his rookie year, he's worth a 1st round pick and the contract that goes along with it. He has more potential than any edge rusher in this class.
True if healthy.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Don’t tell me what I have and haven’t done. We have a difference of opinion but don’t assume it’s because I haven’t watched the guy.
Outside of the game vs OSU?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I'm not necessarily defending him. I'm defending my opinion against yours.

But yeah, 300lb guys sometimes get out of shape. He wasn't in great shape after sitting out a month before the semifinal game. Yet he came back and dominated the championship game a week later. But my point is, you're taking the best player in the draft off the radar because he was out of shape 6 months before he has to step on the field for a meaningful game again. And while he was dealing with the media reporting actual lies about his involvement in the death of one of his best friends.

The Bears have met with him for multiple days since then. They probably worked him out as well. If they have a problem with him after spending 2 days with him, then so be it. But please forgive me if I don't just take your word for it because you want guys with pride.
What lies were they reporting in the media? That he wasn't involved, wasn't racing, left the scene then came back? Which of those is a lie?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
There is tremendous talent elsewhere. Literally 0 of it is as tremendous as Carter. Sure it's a horrible look. But who cares? Pringle and Moore getting arrested last offseason right after Poles signed them was a horrible look. The team overcame Sam Hurd being arrested midseason as a drug kingpin. They overcame that DT (can't remember his name) threatening to kill himself in the Halas Hall parking lot years back.

I know past players have no bearing on Carter. But you guys are acting like Carter has a huge criminal history. He isn't going to be a Josh Gordon. He got lazy. If he's lazy and he's not a good player because of that, that's not a groundbreaking occurrence. It happens. High and low profile players. I'm just saying, the risk is worth the reward here.
Alonzo Spellman.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
If Witherspoon is there at 9, do you take him over PJJ/Wright/Carter?

I might be leaning there as my top guy, or Gonzales for that matter. I just feel like Poles has been relatively transparent through his time so far and said he would draft premium positions, so I bet he is at the top of the list.

This also makes the secondary absolutely terrifying.
Maybe Gonzalez, not Witherspoon and yes to PJJ or Wright.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He saw the box scores. Wasn't impressed
He made Hooker’s life miserable in the Tennessee game. @knoxville7

I’m not really in either camp for or against Carter as most but I don’t really consider the OSU game as big as a deal as others. Hutchinson was invisible for the UGA playoff game the year prior and he turned out alright.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
He made Hooker’s life miserable in the Tennessee game. @knoxville7

I’m not really in either camp for or against Carter as most but I don’t really consider the OSU game as big as a deal as others. Hutchinson was invisible for the UGA playoff game the year prior and he turned out alright.
I'm pretty certain Carter will dominate wherever he goes but highly doubt he makes it to the bears pick. I think Poles won't hesitate if he's there to take him. I'd also enjoy watching the dick ripping on ccs if the Bears take him.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Except I never mentioned taking plays off. I mentioned being out of shape, lacking productivity, quitting at his pro day and leaving the scene of an accident.

Also, he gained 13 pounds between the combine and his pro day.

When was Richard Dent out of shape?
I don't want to get in the middle of this but I think it was 9 lbs. not 13 lbs.