**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What is being misrepresented here in typical remy fashion is that Jalen Carter was bailing on the combine in the context of all the other issues around him was just more reason to doubt he was worth first overall.

Now the Bears are backed into this corner where if they don't get a transcendant talent on the offensive and/or defensive line in this draft they are pretty fucked, it actually makes sense that they shoot for the moon with Carter and hope he gets his shit together. I'm not saying I'm for it, but if you're in a position as desperate as the Bears this is the kind of pick you maybe need to make.

Nope you are lying.

The skipping workouts was before all the cash crash drama. He announced on March 27th and his being implicated i tbe car crash did not come out until March 1st. And again other guys including Bryce Young skipped some drills. Your crying about this at the time was just stupid.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
On Jalen Carter…
“He’s been the most mature he has. He was overshadowed maturity wise by the other two (Jordan Davis and Devonte Wyatt), he wasn’t overshadowed tackle wise by any means. He is massive. He is as talented or more talented athletically than those two. A very different guy than those two, but he is matured. His practice habits have actually improved this year. He is practicing with more consistency and he has to continue to do that. He is very mature. He can admit to you and be honest with you when he doesn’t give great effort. He’s like, ‘you’re right Coach, I didn’t do my best on that play’. But that happens much less often now. I think he knows that people’s eyes are on him, in terms of our other players and he knows he has to be a leader for our defense. I am proud of what he’s done. Most practices he’s given us a full day’s work. He competes not like a guy that has been there and done that. He competes like he’s hungry. That’s what we challenge him to do. He just has to do that every day, day in and day out, and then maybe affects somebody else with him.”

Doesn’t sound like a bad kid. But he doesn’t sound like a Justin Fields type who is 100% all the time either.

Guess we will know in several years.
Imagine Michael Jordan, who was the most talented basketball player of his era, with effort issues or questions about his work ethic. Needing others to motivate him to bring it….What does he become? Definitely not the goat. That maniacal trait is an intangible and necessary to truly reach extraordinary heights. Maybe Vince Carter? Although, VC was in superb physical condition and wouldn’t gas. Maybe Jerry Stackhouse? My point is….it takes more than talent in professional sports. To truly be great you need to be self motivated (and conditioned).

Maybe it’s overblown with Carter, maybe not. Maybe he grows out of it. There’s definitely smoke though….and that’s something all teams in the top 10 need to get to the bottom of.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Remy, I was right. There are red flags. I know it physically pains you admit you're wrong, but when you do this it looks worse than just saying "whelp yeah guess I was off oh well its just football".

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah the crash through gas on the fire for sure.

But here’s a quote from a pre-season article:

The Florida-native is projected by many to be a top-10 NFL Prospect in next year’s draft and is handling the expectations well, according to his head coach, “He’s been the most mature he has.” In regards to maturity, we haven’t heard much about his vocal leadership on the defense, but Smart raved about the way Carter has shown ability to assess himself and his practice. His ability to be honest with himself and the coaching staff sounds to be a good sign of greatness to come, “He can admit to you and be honest with you when he doesn’t give great effort. He’s like, ‘you’re right Coach, I didn’t do my best on that play’. But that happens much less often now.”

So part of this may be a kid just growing up….. but clearly there also were effort issues.

Maybe he’s outgrown this, maybe not. I just think there’s got to be some less risky player to pick in the top 10 is all. In my mind the great ones come self motivated already.

That really doesnt scream character concerns and no one was citing the above as a reason not to take him. That as someone had pointed out isnt much different than what was said about Peppers and I suspect more a conditioming thing and going into year appears he addressed.

I am referring to the fact after the accident you had people reporting about how he had character concerns all along but never bothered to say so until after he was implicated in the crash.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The situation leading up to the death of his friend was immature. My post might have come off with the wrong context. For the situation he help create and put himself in it would look better if he stepped up for the loss and dedicated being a top 5 pick to them. If you’re grieving that much and can’t perform your job it’s time to step away for a bit. There’s nothing wrong with that or no shame in it.

Ok but that is different than what it looked like you were suggesting but appreciate may just be miscomminication.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Imagine Michael Jordan, who was the most talented basketball player of his era, with effort issues or questions about his work ethic. Needing others to motivate him to bring it….What does he become? Definitely not the goat. That maniacal trait is an intangible and necessary to truly reach extraordinary heights. Maybe Vince Carter? Although, VC was in superb physical condition and wouldn’t gas. Maybe Jerry Stackhouse? My point is….it takes more than talent in professional sports. To truly be great you need to be self motivated (and conditioned).

Maybe it’s overblown with Carter, maybe not. Maybe he grows out of it. There’s definitely smoke though….and that’s something all teams in the top 10 need to get to the bottom of.
So you’re passing because he is unlikely to be the best ever?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy, I was right. There are red flags. I know it physically pains you admit you're wrong, but when you do this it looks worse than just saying "whelp yeah guess I was off oh well its just football".

No you werent. Skipping workouts in and off itself is not a red flag and it is stupid to suggest it is. There were several players who skipped workouts. His being involved in a car crash has fuck all to do with skipping combine workouts so you were right about this just like you were right about Vildor, lol. Classic non-sequitur fallacy.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That really doesnt scream character concerns and no one was citing the above as a reason not to take him. That as someone had pointed out isnt much different than what was said about Peppers and I suspect more a conditioming thing and going into year appears he addressed.

I am referring to the fact after the accident you had people reporting about how he had character concerns all along but never bothered to say so until after he was implicated in the crash.

There’s football character and personal character. Two different things

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
At the end of the day, it’s instinct on whether to take Carter or not. I would if he were there at 9, but people have different takes on it.

What I have found interesting is all the buzz around Skoronski. This is where I need to rely on others who have watched a lot of tape on him. I haven’t, but enough to know he is technically sound and may have the highest floor in the draft class.

I think he has 3/4” shorter arms than Slater. To the OL gurus-does that negate the possible of a great career at T?

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There’s football character and personal character. Two different things
Sure but if you only drafted guys that never took a play off or never had conditioning issues then your team is not likely to be brimming with talent. The human body isnt built for a 6-4 310 pound guy to move as well as some of these guys do so I am not going to knock a guy because he took some time to figure himself out.

Having said that I have no problem not drafting him and still prefer a trade down.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
At the end of the day, it’s instinct on whether to take Carter or not. I would if he were there at 9, but people have different takes on it.

What I have found interesting is all the buzz around Skoronski. This is where I need to rely on others who have watched a lot of tape on him. I haven’t, but enough to know he is technical sound and may have the highest floor in the draft class.

I think he has 3/4” shorter arms than Slater. To the OL gurus-does that negate the possible of a great career at T?

Yes. His arms 100% make him a guard in my opinion. And tackle is where the Bears really need help.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

What I have found interesting is all the buzz around Skoronski. This is where I need to rely on others who have watched a lot of tape on him. I haven’t, but enough to know he is technical sound and may have the highest floor in the draft class.

He would be an outlier for sure. That said, I wouldn’t rule it out. I think he’s the best OL in the draft and wouldn’t mind the pick at 9. Problem is, Bears need an OT

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yes. His arms 100% make him a guard in my opinion. And tackle is where the Bears really need help.
He and Slater are so close physically across the board that it is kind of strange.

I’m intrigued for sure by Skoronski.

He did have 33 Big Ten starts at LT. At the same time, I’m not sold either.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He and Slater are so close physically across the board that it is kind of strange.

I’m intrigued for sure by Skoronski.

He did have 33 Big Ten starts at LT. At the same time, I’m not sold either.

Slater had short arms…. But Skoronski is even shorter. Thorn was saying Slater anchored better too. If I knew Tevin could play RT I’d draft him in a second. He will be a great guard.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Goddamn... These claims about Carter...

“That was all about half lies, half-baked truths,” said an executive in personnel for an NFL team. “The championship is over so he’s out from under their purview and he’s racing on the streets of Athens and people get killed. He had to lie like a dog at the combine. And there’s not one person there at Georgia that will endorse him. What are the red flags here?”

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also of note, DJ Moore was interviewed after the trade and said he doesn't really watch football. He didn't grow up watching it. He didn't love it either. That doesn't stop him from being a very good player. Doesn't mean he doesn't put in work to be as good as he can be.
the universe surrounding football is completely different than actually being on the field for practice and game time. And watching is not the same as playing.

It's absolutely possible to have no interest in the trappings of football and still love the game

Think you are muddying the waters on a critical question about self-motivation, dedication, rising to challenges, and response to coaching

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies

Not going to happen but if Poles was able to pull this off, he would be having an amazing offseason.
If we were to trade back in this scenario I'd want 32 back with us potentially missing out on all the top tackles, which I think would be very likely as Wright seems to be rising.

Also, I'd rather use that last second round pick on another player other than Mauch at a premium position.