**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Absolutely destroyed the greatest weakness to the Heupel offense…pressure right up the middle in the QB’s face

The guy is an absolute stud and game plan wrecker.
Not that it matters, but did you think it was a safety in the 1st quarter(or was that the 2nd quarter?)?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not that it matters, but did you think it was a safety in the 1st quarter(or was that the 2nd quarter?)?
100% a safety that at the time I was thanking the Flying Spaghetti Monster that they somehow came to the conclusion it wasn’t

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
My guy just hit me back. Said it’s all bullshit. Coaches love him, players definitely love him. Just agents jockeying for position with their players
That’s what I heard also. Good guy, a lot of stuff happening around him, traffic accident, etc. Hope he falls to 9.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
100% a safety that at the time I was thanking the Flying Spaghetti Monster that they somehow came to the conclusion it wasn’t
I knew it was but hoping they didn’t call it. Wanted Tennessee to win that game so badly. Tired of dealing with white trash UGA fans where I live. Most are fine and not trash but I’m somehow near all the obnoxious ones lol

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Goddamn... These claims about Carter...

“That was all about half lies, half-baked truths,” said an executive in personnel for an NFL team. “The championship is over so he’s out from under their purview and he’s racing on the streets of Athens and people get killed. He had to lie like a dog at the combine. And there’s not one person there at Georgia that will endorse him. What are the red flags here?”

It is stories like this that has me rolling my eyes at NFL hypocrisy. Anonymous source too cowardly to put his name to a quote acting all high and mighty regarding a 21 year old fucking up while he works for a team and league that happily hid the effect of concussions while their players died. Oh and happily denied medical coverage to hundreds of former players particularly black players on the basis they were naturally dumber than black players.

Like fine if you dont want to draft the kid but spare me the outrage as if you woek for some morally upstanding company.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
If Witherspoon is there at 9, do you take him over PJJ/Wright/Carter?

I might be leaning there as my top guy, or Gonzales for that matter. I just feel like Poles has been relatively transparent through his time so far and said he would draft premium positions, so I bet he is at the top of the list.

This also makes the secondary absolutely terrifying.
The secondary will never be terrifying with non existent pass rush like the Bears have. Even if they draft a stud CB.

I’d be pretty disappointed neglecting the trenches for a DB

Last edited:

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
The secondary will never be terrifying with min existent pass rush like the Bears have. Even if they draft a stud CB.

I get it, but they won’t solve all problems this year so go get the blue chip player vs. need. 9 other picks outside of the 1st.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The secondary will never be terrifying with min existent pass rush like the Bears have. Even if they draft a stud CB.

Cant judge them until 2027

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Correct. This is where I complain about not having the 32nd pick.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
At the end of the day, it’s instinct on whether to take Carter or not. I would if he were there at 9, but people have different takes on it.

What I have found interesting is all the buzz around Skoronski. This is where I need to rely on others who have watched a lot of tape on him. I haven’t, but enough to know he is technically sound and may have the highest floor in the draft class.

I think he has 3/4” shorter arms than Slater. To the OL gurus-does that negate the possible of a great career at T?
Everyone wants to focus on Skoronski's short arms rather than his quick feet. Same thing happened when Slater was drafted. If the Bears draft Skoronski, it will be as a tackle. He is the best offensive lineman in this draft.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Everyone wants to focus on Skoronski's short arms rather than his quick feet. Same thing happened when Slater was drafted. If the Bears draft Skoronski, it will be as a tackle. He is the best offensive lineman in this draft.

Nah. I’ve seen numerous comments about his feet. His arms are almost a full inch shorter that Slater.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Nah. I’ve seen numerous comments about his feet. His arms are almost a full inch shorter that Slater.

3/4” shorter. His hands, feet, power, and athleticism are all on par or better. He would certainly be an outlier at OT, but I’m not 100% ruling it out. I think he’d be elite at OG, but at worst he’d be a passable OT, with a chance to be very good.