**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Everyone wants to focus on Skoronski's short arms rather than his quick feet. Same thing happened when Slater was drafted. If the Bears draft Skoronski, it will be as a tackle. He is the best offensive lineman in this draft.
This is not CFB. NFL Edge rushers have long wingspans, strong, and fast. Skoronski has good feet, but he will not be able to get his hands first on a good NFL Edge rusher with 32 1/4" arms. Slater has 33" arms, the bare minimum for a starting NFL OT. That .75" matters. Skoronski will be a perennial Pro Bowl Guard, just not a OT.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
3/4” shorter. His hands, feet, power, and athleticism are all on par or better. He would certainly be an outlier at OT, but I’m not 100% ruling it out. I think he’d be elite at OG, but at worst he’d be a passable OT, with a chance to be very good.

Thorn thought Slater had a better anchor and was the more powerful player. For whatever that’s worth.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Thorn thought Slater had a better anchor and was the more powerful player. For whatever that’s worth.

Yeah, that is true. I believe he also said he thought Sko could be a “good enough” OT too. My main point is, I think it’s pretty unanimous he’d be an elite OG….but I think people are too quick to rule him out at OT. There’s a real chance there

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
3/4” shorter. His hands, feet, power, and athleticism are all on par or better. He would certainly be an outlier at OT, but I’m not 100% ruling it out. I think he’d be elite at OG, but at worst he’d be a passable OT, with a chance to be very good.
I want a dominate OT. PJJ, Jones, and Wright have a chance to be that. Wright and PJJ can be plug and play and start right away. Jones is a little raw, but has most upside in physical ability. He just needs technique and offseason conditioning.

I would like to see how much improvement Braxton Jones has next season. Does he get stronger?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that is true. I believe he also said he thought Sko could be a “good enough” OT too. My main point is, I think it’s pretty unanimous he’d be an elite OG….but I think people are too quick to rule him out at OT. There’s a real chance there

Correct, he did say that. I just don’t understand why anyone would draft him high to be “good enough”. If you’re drafting him round 1 I mean me personally… it would be for the highest and best use of a player.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I get it, but they won’t solve all problems this year so go get the blue chip player vs. need. 9 other picks outside of the 1st.
Maybe, but you still don’t build a house from the top down. Start with the foundation.

Also, if we were to follow that logic, Bijan Robinson should be at play at 9 then.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Steelers article but interesting still.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
It is Bryan Perez. The dude has no connections and just reports random thoughts I'm pretty certain
Started with PFN, but it is indeed absurd.

Could a Team Trade Up For Paris Johnson Third Overall?​

I posted a tweet on Saturday stating at least one team is looking to trade up with Arizonafor an offensive lineman. That lineman is Paris Johnson Jr., the left tackle from Ohio State. Some people lost their minds over the tweet, but it makes complete sense.

Johnson is the 7th rated player on my big board, so taking him with the third pick of the draft is not much of a reach. In a draft void of talent at the left tackle spot, Johnson has cemented himself as the best in this class. While the league has gone QB crazy in round one, left tackle is still a position that teams covet in the early part of the draft, and there aren’t many good ones in 2023.

Northwestern lineman Peter Skoronski is being compared to Brandon Scherff by people I’ve spoken with- a college tackle who’ll play guard in the NFL and then go on to be a multiple Pro Bowl performer.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It is Bryan Perez. The dude has no connections and just reports random thoughts I'm pretty certain
He is a mess of a football thinker and writer. No idea what is going on. Thedraftnetwork is overall great, no idea why they let him mar their site.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Everyone wants to focus on Skoronski's short arms rather than his quick feet. Same thing happened when Slater was drafted. If the Bears draft Skoronski, it will be as a tackle. He is the best offensive lineman in this draft.
I saw him mocked very high in a draft that I read yesterday and the analyst simply said “I’d play him at tackle until he proved he couldn’t and then I would just move him to guard where he will be an all pro”.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Peter King does one mock draft a year. His dropped at Pro Football Talk this morning.

From King:

“9. CHICAGO: Paris Johnson Jr., tackle, Ohio State.

If you’re GM Ryan Poles, you’ve solved a few problems already with offseason acquisitions at receiver (D.J. Moore) and linebacker (T.J. Edwards, Tremaine Edmunds) and guard (Nate Davis). This is the next one—the rock at tackle Poles hopes Johnson can be. Johnson’s stock rose this offseason and he should be immediate help for a line that allowed an unacceptable 58 sacks last year.”

His mock is worth reading. He has some interesting takes and he’s well connected.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I knew it was but hoping they didn’t call it. Wanted Tennessee to win that game so badly. Tired of dealing with white trash UGA fans where I live. Most are fine and not trash but I’m somehow near all the obnoxious ones lol
It’s probably just because I don’t spend any time in Georgia and the timeline in which I grew up, but I never used to care or worry about Georgia. I started following college football and Tennessee in the mid 90’s, and we just always penciled in the Georgia game as a W back then

I only truly care about the Bama and Florida games…which until last year had been really rough post 2004 lol

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Poles will need to assess the gap between the top 3 and other OTs. He may see it differently than we think.

By Top 3, are you including Broderick Jones? Or Skoronski?
I personally like Jones better than Skoronski. But basically stating my point based off who Poles has as his top 3.