**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I get it, but they won’t solve all problems this year so go get the blue chip player vs. need. 9 other picks outside of the 1st.

Bullshit all problems must be solved this year and every draft pick has to be a stud Day 1. No one can take more than a training camp to be ready much less a year or two.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
All the talk with Skoronski and J Carter and the possible issues at the next level whether it be moving to G or being able to play Tackle, or the work ethic and other issues of Carter. The Bears roster is not at the point where they can take a player that might move positions or not reach their potential because of questions of past behavior/judgement/etc. If the roster was more complete, either player would be worth taking that chance on, but right now, I don't think the Bears are in that position.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

Vegas as source of truth confirmed

What you need to know: Bears GM Ryan Poles has done a ton of work on the offensive linemen, and a few people there told me that, at Ohio State’s pro day, he zeroed in pretty good on Johnson. The issue with Johnson lacking top-end strength can be addressed—he doesn’t turn 22 until July, and he has exemplary football character, which would lead you to believe he’ll improve in that area. “Knowing the scouting tree that Poles is coming from, I’d think it’ll be Paris,” said an AFC exec. “It’s the size, the length, just having a pass-blocking left tackle, it matches up.” Skoronski is another name that’s come up here, and if both are gone, Poles could work to fortify his defensive line.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that is true. I believe he also said he thought Sko could be a “good enough” OT too. My main point is, I think it’s pretty unanimous he’d be an elite OG….but I think people are too quick to rule him out at OT. There’s a real chance there

Why would you want an elite guard to be just an average to above average LT? That is wasting talent IMO.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It’s probably just because I don’t spend any time in Georgia and the timeline in which I grew up, but I never used to care or worry about Georgia. I started following college football and Tennessee in the mid 90’s, and we just always penciled in the Georgia game as a W back then

I only truly care about the Bama and Florida games…which until last year had been really rough post 2004 lol
Fulmer had that university rolling in the 90’s. It’s just so fucking difficult to stay at the top in the SEC

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
3/4” shorter. His hands, feet, power, and athleticism are all on par or better. He would certainly be an outlier at OT, but I’m not 100% ruling it out. I think he’d be elite at OG, but at worst he’d be a passable OT, with a chance to be very good.
You really can't rule it out until you actually see it and i would think even these "draft experts" that do think he's a G still haven't 100% ruled out him being able to play T in the NFL. The new thing many are saying is that he could be a average to above average T but a monster at G.

IMO he's worth the shot and it wouldn't shock me with the rumors that T.Jenkins is actually on the outs with this regime. You draft him and try him at T and if he doesn't make it there then you put him at LG and there's your out to trading Jenkins.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Carter, Johnson likely not available at #9. Fuck taking Skoronski at #9. Trade down so Poles can trade back up in the 2nd.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Correct, he did say that. I just don’t understand why anyone would draft him high to be “good enough”. If you’re drafting him round 1 I mean me personally… it would be for the highest and best use of a player.
True…but it’s not like his opinion is the end all be all either. Maybe he’s just good enough…maybe he’s great at OT, who knows?

If he ends up being a perennial all pro OG is that a bad thing? This draft is pretty weak up top and OTs get overrated every draft season. Are PJJ/Jones/Wright elite OTs in the NFL? Maybe…..or maybe they’re just good enough. Chances are they don’t all turn out to be studs.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Give me that, but find a way to get Keanu benton as well. Bears need a 3 down dt like him.
They come out of this draft with any of the top 3 tackles, one of D.Hall/I.Foskey (think i prefer Hall) and K.Benton and the rest of the draft might be a blur to me. That would be a hell of a start and quite shocking because the last few weeks those are all players that most on here have been talking about us getting around the spots we're sitting at right now.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Why would you want an elite guard to be just an average to above average LT? That is wasting talent IMO.

I never said that’s what he’ll be at OT. I think it’s just as likely PJJ/Jones/Wright end up as just average to above average OTs as Sko, tbh.

I just don’t buy into the arm length thing as most. I think there’s a real chance he can be an elite OT. If not, however, he will definitely be an elite OG. At the end of the day, he’s the best OL in the draft. I wouldn’t complain about that at 9. I think the OTs as a whole are a bit overrated because it’s a weak class.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
True…but it’s not like his opinion is the end all be all either. Maybe he’s just good enough…maybe he’s great at OT, who knows?

If he ends up being a perennial all pro OG is that a bad thing? This draft is pretty weak up top and OTs get overrated every draft season. Are PJJ/Jones/Wright elite OTs in the NFL? Maybe…..or maybe they’re just good enough. Chances are they don’t all turn out to be studs.

Not at all. My point is why stick him at tackle so he can be "good enough"? Play him at guard where he will be great. If you want to give him a chance in camp at tackle that's fine. But you better have a plan B ready at tackle because chances are he's just not going to make it there.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Not at all. My point is why stick him at tackle so he can be "good enough"? Play him at guard where he will be great. If you want to give him a chance in camp at tackle that's fine. But you better have a plan B ready at tackle because chances are he's just not going to make it there.

He wouldn’t be able to play OG here this season with Jenkins and Davis here. Unless Davis moved to C which is unlikely.

I think you start him at OT. He’ll be an upgrade there over Borom/Reiff regardless. If the arm length thing is overblown, then he’ll be a huge upgrade.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I never said that’s what he’ll be at OT. I think it’s just as likely PJJ/Jones/Wright end up as just average to above average OTs as Sko, tbh.

I just don’t buy into the arm length thing as most. I think there’s a real chance he can be an elite OT. If not, however, he will definitely be an elite OG. At the end of the day, he’s the best OL in the draft. I wouldn’t complain about that at 9. I think the OTs as a whole are a bit overrated because it’s a weak class.

I would not take a G top 10. Last one people gushed over was Nelson and after a good start he has been meh the past 2 years. Positional value is not there for me but to each his own.

I dont buy into the arm length thing either. The issue is the NFL does otherwise there would be more T with 32 inch arms.

Last edited: