**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He wouldn’t be able to play OG here this season with Jenkins and Davis here. Unless Davis moved to C which is unlikely.

I think you start him at OT. He’ll be an upgrade there over Borom/Reiff regardless. If the arm length thing is overblown, then he’ll be a huge upgrade.

It's not though. It's a thing for a reason. 32 inch armed linemen don't play tackle in the NFL. If you're planning on going into the season with him as a tackle that's a horrible idea. Horrible. Sorry, really not trying to be harsh here but it's statistically speaking just incredibly unlikely. You'd be relying on him being a huge outlier.

And if he played guard Jenkins moves to RT or get's traded.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I would not take a G top 10. Last one people gushed over was Nelson and after a good start he has been meh the past 2 years. Positional value is not there for me but to each his own.

I dont biy into the arm length thing either. The issue is the NFL does otherwise there would be more T with 32 inch arms.
I’m typically against OG in the top 10. That said, I’m not sold that Sko can’t be a great OT and I think the OTs are being overrated.

I’d likely choose PJJ if I had to, but he still has a lot of growing to do and he doesn’t play with that brute strength/menacing style which I prefer. He is good though and has the potential to be great.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
All the talk with Skoronski and J Carter and the possible issues at the next level whether it be moving to G or being able to play Tackle, or the work ethic and other issues of Carter. The Bears roster is not at the point where they can take a player that might move positions or not reach their potential because of questions of past behavior/judgement/etc. If the roster was more complete, either player would be worth taking that chance on, but right now, I don't think the Bears are in that position.
So it's preferable to take a player that most are far less sure of as a quality prospect (like PJj) as opposed to someone who most are really sure about, just not necessarily at the premium position?

To me, it's the opposite. I am not convinced Skoronski can be an very good OT, but I think there's a decent chance. I am pretty convinced he can be a great OG. With Paris, I am equally not convinced that he can be a very good OT, but I think there's a decent chance. He does have higher upside imo, but the variables are far greater.

For a team with holes all over, I'd say that perfect might be the enemy of good re: Paris in this instance. If there was a really great OT prospect, I would feel differently but I don't think Paris is that.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
It's not though. It's a thing for a reason. 32 inch armed linemen don't play tackle in the NFL. If you're planning on going into the season with him as a tackle that's a horrible idea. Horrible. Sorry, really not trying to be harsh here but it's statistically speaking just incredibly unlikely. You'd be relying on him being a huge outlier.

And if he played guard Jenkins moves to RT or get's traded.

Sko would 100% be a better RT than Jenkins. Jenkins arms aren’t much longer than Sko’s and doesn’t have close to the feet or hand usage. Sko’s feet and hands are elite. Jenkins not so much.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would not take a G top 10. Last one people gushed over was Nelson and after a good start he has been meh the past 2 years. Positional value is not there for me but to each his own.

I dont biy into the arm length thing either. The issue is the NFL does otherwise there would be more T with 32 inch arms.

There would be more T with 32 inch arms if they could do it. It's not like this hasn't been tried and failed over and over again.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He wouldn’t be able to play OG here this season with Jenkins and Davis here. Unless Davis moved to C which is unlikely.

I think you start him at OT. He’ll be an upgrade there over Borom/Reiff regardless. If the arm length thing is overblown, then he’ll be a huge upgrade.

Will he? How many 1st round OTs graded out better than Borom/Reiff last year. These are projections not certainties. I mean Evan Neal was supposed to be a beast and then he went out and posted a 42 grade.

I’m typically against OG in the top 10. That said, I’m not sold that Sko can’t be a great OT and I think the OTs are being overrated.

I’d likely choose PJJ if I had to, but he still has a lot of growing to do and he doesn’t play with that brute strength/menacing style which I prefer. He is good though and has the potential to be great.
Fine if you are convinced he is a tackle. I am just not sure Poles or the NFL is.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If you drafted Skoronski you'd commit him to tackle for 23 unless he's really bad there (which I doubt) or trade Jenkins.

Then assess again next year, where likely Jenkins would be gone and you could add a T and move Skoronski to G.

I'd also remember that there is no guarantee Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones or Darnell Wright is going to be good next year. Many better T prospects have gotten their ass handed to them as rookies.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sko would 100% be a better RT than Jenkins. Jenkins arms aren’t much longer than Sko’s and doesn’t have close to the feet or hand usage. Sko’s feet and hands are elite. Jenkins not so much.

33.5 to 32.25

And I don't want Jenkins at RT at all. I'm just saying if you draft Skoronski that's what happens. I think the Bears are set at guard now personally. It's center and tackle that need fixing.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Will he? How many 1st round OTs graded out better than Borom/Reiff last year. These are projections not certainties. I mean Evan Neal was supposed to be a beast and then he went out and posted a 42 grade.

Fine if you are convinced he is a tackle. I am just not sure Poles or the NFL is.

So what you’re saying is PJJ/Jones/Wright may not be beasts either? Like I said before, OTs get over hyped every draft season and this class is not a strong one.

I am not *convinced* Sko is an OT. I’m just not convinced that his arm length will prevent him from being one and I’m not overly convinced the other OTs are going to be great. I am pretty convinced Sko is the best OL overall

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you drafted Skoronski you'd commit him to tackle for 23 unless he's really bad there (which I doubt) or trade Jenkins.

Then assess again next year, where likely Jenkins would be gone and you could add a T and move Skoronski to G.

I'd also remember that there is no guarantee Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones or Darnell Wright is going to be good next year. Many better T prospects have gotten their ass handed to them as rookies.

There's no guarantee ANY of these guys will be good. Skoronski included.

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Exactly this. Remember Cross being all the rave last year ? How’d that work out?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So what you’re saying is PJJ/Jones/Wright may not be beasts either? Like I said before, OTs get over hyped every draft season and this class is not a strong one.

I am not *convinced* Sko is an OT. I’m just not convinced that his arm length will prevent him from being one and I’m not overly convinced the other OTs are going to be great. I am pretty convinced Sko is the best OL overall
As it stands now, I am all in on a trade down unless Carter or Wilson are there and Poles is convinced Carter's character and motivation issues are overblown.

I was never a fan of the top end of this draft talent wise especially at OT and if Richardson or Hooker are there and a team in the 15-25 range want them then I pull the trigger if the comp is worth it.