**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
didnt dbb say he's confident team is not committed to jenkins in the long term...not sure where that confidence is coming from...i can see poles being worried about jenkins and his injury concerns...if jenkins can stay injury free this year i think poles will be fine with him but if he misses a handful of games i can see poles looking to unload him.
He clarified that he hasn’t heard anything from whatever source he “has”
Yeah i was lurking on their subreddit to see what they were saying about the draft and trading up back in january and several colts fans wanting to move him and “fleecing” the bears in a trade.
Yep, have seen that before too

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m not against PJJ at 9. Id probably roll with Jones there too but would much rather get him in a trade down.

Give me a C on day 3 to groom behind Cody. If OL is the pick at 9, I think you have to attack DL with the next 2 picks. At least one of them bare minimum

There will be starters available at 53 and 61. Have zero problems with that.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
In theory I kinda agree, but like you a HUGE part of it is just luck. And if you getting targeting BPA you might just end up with unbalanced teams that can't get you over the hump to win a SB or go deep in the playoffs.

I think the core focus should be what players you want to building a winning team. Not just talented players at any 'ol position. You want a team that dominates the LOS, stop drafting off the ball LBs and CBs with high picks.
As I mentioned I think it's more a bucket approach, and players maybe valued as BPA a little differently based on position (so a G has to be a little better prospect that a T to be in the same bucket). Not straight BPA.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I never said that’s what he’ll be at OT. I think it’s just as likely PJJ/Jones/Wright end up as just average to above average OTs as Sko, tbh.

I just don’t buy into the arm length thing as most. I think there’s a real chance he can be an elite OT. If not, however, he will definitely be an elite OG. At the end of the day, he’s the best OL in the draft. I wouldn’t complain about that at 9. I think the OTs as a whole are a bit overrated because it’s a weak class.
I buy into the arm length thing but some players are just special at what they do and i believe Skoronski has a chance at being that and you could play him at T or G and he has a chance at being special at either and if he isn't special at T then i'll be more than happy having a special G that could always slide over to T if needed in case of injury or whatever.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
North Dakota State with two picks in the top 13

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If you drafted Skoronski you'd commit him to tackle for 23 unless he's really bad there (which I doubt) or trade Jenkins.

Then assess again next year, where likely Jenkins would be gone and you could add a T and move Skoronski to G.

I'd also remember that there is no guarantee Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones or Darnell Wright is going to be good next year. Many better T prospects have gotten their ass handed to them as rookies.
Play Skoronski at T in 2023 and draft the T from Penn St in 2024.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Jahns and Fishbain’s final mocks from The Athletic

Fishbain’s mock draft 4.0
ROUND-PICKPLAYERPOSITIONCOLLEGE
1-9Paris Johnson Jr.OTOhio State
2-53Felix Anudike-UzmoahedgeKansas State
2-61Keeanu BentonDTWisconsin
3-64Darius RushCBSouth Carolina
4-103Zacch PickensDTSouth Carolina
4-133Xavier HutchinsonWRIowa State
5-136Juice ScruggsG/CPenn State
5-148Payne DurhamTEPurdue
7-218Jake WittOTNorthern MIchigan
7-258Amari BurneyLBFlorida
Jahns' mock draft 4.0
ROUND-PICKPLAYERPOSITIONCOLLEGE
1-9Peter SkoronskiOLNorthwestern
2-53Steve AvilaG/CTCU
2-61Gervon Dexter Sr.DTFlorida
3-64Sam LaPortaTEIowa
4-103Tank BigsbyRBAuburn
4-133Nick HamptonDEAppalachian State
5-136Marte MapuSSacramento State
5-148Kobie TurnerDTWake Forest
7-218Deslin AlexandreDEPittsburgh
7-258Dalton WagnerOTArkansas

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
As far as being a good player, I'd say he has a better chance.

As far at OT, no. But I am not a huge fan of the Johnson or Jones either. I don't think either is a top 10 prospect in a meh class.

I think Wright has the best chance of all to be a good T, but probably RT only.
Shit i don't even know how we'll find out how good Skoronski can be at T in training camp when we don't have any pass rushers that can give him enough of a challenge to find out. Whoever we draft won't be able to tell us that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What rumors, outside of EL/SM quoting speculation from DBB, have you heard that Jenkins are is on the block or being moved on from? DBB also said that he hasn’t heard anything about Jenkins—just his thoughts
Nobody else. Just bringing up what was said and just because most on CCS don't like EL/SM or DBB doesn't mean they can't hit on something once in a while. It's CCS and all that needs to happen is for one from a certain group to hate on someone for 10 more to jump on that wagon. Just sayin.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’m not against PJJ at 9. Id probably roll with Jones there too but would much rather get him in a trade down.

Give me a C on day 3 to groom behind Cody. If OL is the pick at 9, I think you have to attack DL with the next 2 picks. At least one of them bare minimum
They could draft any of:
PJJ
Skoronski
B.Jones
D.Wright
J.Carter--scary one but i'd be with it
Gonzalez
Witherspoon
T.Wilson
Van Ness
and a couple others and i'd be good with it.