**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
True…but it’s not like his opinion is the end all be all either. Maybe he’s just good enough…maybe he’s great at OT, who knows?

If he ends up being a perennial all pro OG is that a bad thing? This draft is pretty weak up top and OTs get overrated every draft season. Are PJJ/Jones/Wright elite OTs in the NFL? Maybe…..or maybe they’re just good enough. Chances are they don’t all turn out to be studs.
Thing about that is Skoronski has elite left tackles feet while in an OG's body. It would be a shame to not at least give him a shot at the only position he has ever played. Then IF it does not work out move him to guard.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The problem is with your community college defensive line you're going to give up forty points a game. I know Bears fans love this idea because they think its the future of the NFL, but reality is you get bounced fast in the playoffs if your defense is trash.
How do you know what the DL will look like after 2 offseasons?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Peter King does one mock draft a year. His dropped at Pro Football Talk this morning.

From King:

“9. CHICAGO: Paris Johnson Jr., tackle, Ohio State.

If you’re GM Ryan Poles, you’ve solved a few problems already with offseason acquisitions at receiver (D.J. Moore) and linebacker (T.J. Edwards, Tremaine Edmunds) and guard (Nate Davis). This is the next one—the rock at tackle Poles hopes Johnson can be. Johnson’s stock rose this offseason and he should be immediate help for a line that allowed an unacceptable 58 sacks last year.”

His mock is worth reading. He has some interesting takes and he’s well connected.

Yo, this guy has Bijan to Atlanta. I am not happy about that. I am hearing from my boy at work who gambles on this that he also doesn't expect Bijan to make it to us at 9.

Also, he too mocked the Titans moving up and getting Stroud. I did that move in my mock as well.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
How do you know what the DL will look like after 2 offseasons?
Well if you just totally neglect it for years its not hard to figure out. Unless you think Trevis Gipson or Dominique Robinson are going to save you, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well if you just totally neglect it for years its not hard to figure out. Unless you think Trevis Gipson or Dominique Robinson are going to save you, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
They still have this draft and there's still plenty of guys in free agency and there will be cuts and maybe trades and then he still has the whole 2024 offseason with free agency and the draft so i'm asking you how do you know our DL will still be trash after two more offseasons?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

From the article quoting Daniel Jeremiah:

‘‘[But] that being said, with the haul they got, when you include the player they got in D.J. Moore, I don’t know that they would have been able to do better. I think that was smart on [Poles’] part. He got the deal he liked. He was comfortable with it. And he wasn’t going to wait to see if there was anything better out there and maybe miss out on that opportunity.

‘‘So I thought it was smart to go to [No. 9]. It made the most sense. I love the return they got. And the crazy thing about it is . . . they might be sitting there with more quarterbacks on the board when they pick and might be faced with another opportunity to add more picks [via trade]. I really thought that was the smart move that they made.’’

Montucky

Liked Posts:
They still have this draft and there's still plenty of guys in free agency and there will be cuts and maybe trades and then he still has the whole 2024 offseason with free agency and the draft so i'm asking you how do you know our DL will still be trash after two more offseasons?
Well in that scenario that started this conversation you've spent this year's first on offensive line and perhaps/probably both of next year's first on offensive line. Unless the Bears are so dreadful that they are picking top two (which is where you're probably going to need to be picking if you want Olumuyiwa Fashanu) its going to be trade-up. I'm skeptical of building a passable NFL defensive line with late day two and day three picks.

Free agency? Maybe, I don't know. The 2024 class looks oustanding now but I expect to start being whittled down this summer until its no better than this year.

Cuts and trades? Well you just traded for Olu Fashanu, so there goes two first rounders. The Bears neglected to get a 2025 first rounder from Carolina, which to me was an incredible failure on the part of the GM for party this reason. Basically have to re-commit the Khalil Mack trade.

Not interested in other teams leftovers in summer cuts. Doesn't solve the central problem.