**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I could deal with this.

Jones-Jenkins-Whitehair/Patrick-Davis-Skoronski in 2023
Fashanu-Skoronski-new C- Davis-Jones in 2024 is a potentially awesome OL
That OL for 2024 would be special special with the right leader at C.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
That OL for 2024 would be special special with the right leader at C.
The problem is with your community college defensive line you're going to give up forty points a game. I know Bears fans love this idea because they think its the future of the NFL, but reality is you get bounced fast in the playoffs if your defense is trash.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nobody else. Just bringing up what was said and just because most on CCS don't like EL/SM or DBB doesn't mean they can't hit on something once in a while. It's CCS and all that needs to happen is for one from a certain group to hate on someone for 10 more to jump on that wagon. Just sayin.
Regardless of whatever you typed, it wasn’t even a rumor. Could they move on? Sure.
DBB said himself that he hasn’t heard anything. This just falls under speculation

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I could deal with this.

Jones-Jenkins-Whitehair/Patrick-Davis-Skoronski in 2023
Fashanu-Skoronski-new C- Davis-Jones in 2024 is a potentially awesome OL
Fashanu is gonna probably be the first player selected that isn't a QB. Probably right before Marvin Harrison Jr. LOL Posters need to come down thinking that that's even a possibility.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Nelson sucked last year. Somehow he made the PB but Colts fans were confused as to how.

A lot of times, especially with offensive lineman, it goes by name recognition. So, once an o-lineman starts making probowls, they often keep making them even if their play drops off due to being the recognized name as a probowler and because the average fan doesn't really know much about offensive line play. Playing in to that is there are not really any readily available stats like exist at other positions for people to review - I am talking stuff you will find for free from a box score or fantasy football.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Shit i don't even know how we'll find out how good Skoronski can be at T in training camp when we don't have any pass rushers that can give him enough of a challenge to find out. Whoever we draft won't be able to tell us that.
You mean Gipson & Robinson aren’t great pass rushers? Bro, they are all-proz!!

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
Fashanu is gonna probably be the first player selected that isn't a QB. Probably right before Marvin Harrison Jr. LOL Posters need to come down thinking that that's even a possibility.
Joe alt as well. Next year's draft looks really good right now. Would love a first from a trade up to 9.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nobody else. Just bringing up what was said and just because most on CCS don't like EL/SM or DBB doesn't mean they can't hit on something once in a while. It's CCS and all that needs to happen is for one from a certain group to hate on someone for 10 more to jump on that wagon. Just sayin.
What a victim

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
This is not CFB. NFL Edge rushers have long wingspans, strong, and fast. Skoronski has good feet, but he will not be able to get his hands first on a good NFL Edge rusher with 32 1/4" arms. Slater has 33" arms, the bare minimum for a starting NFL OT. That .75" matters. Skoronski will be a perennial Pro Bowl Guard, just not a OT.
Hold on here are you telling me Skoronski did not face long armed edge rushers in college? How about Aiden Hutchinson............Did not do a damn thing against Skoronski, Hutchinson moved to the other side to have any effect on that game. Ohio State last year with that whole front line of long athletic linemen............Skoronski gave up one pressure. Van Ness, same story, so I strongly disagree that 3/4" will matter.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Hold on here are you telling me Skoronski did not face long armed edge rushers in college? How about Aiden Hutchinson............Did not do a damn thing against Skoronski, Hutchinson moved to the other side to have any effect on that game. Ohio State last year with that whole front line of long athletic linemen............Skoronski gave up one pressure. Van Ness, same story, so I strongly disagree that 3/4" will matter.

I agree with you. He is the best olineman in the draft and everyone knows I cringe when the Bears take a “Ski” cause it’s usually for marketing. This time I wouldn’t be against it. He is going to be really good regardless if it’s guard or tackle. He is as safe a pick as this draft has which is boring to many.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Correct, he did say that. I just don’t understand why anyone would draft him high to be “good enough”. If you’re drafting him round 1 I mean me personally… it would be for the highest and best use of a player.
Because Skoronski is the highest rated offensive lineman in this draft and carries one of the few true first round grades of any prospect.