**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Much easier argument to be made that first overall is worth even more now that its one quarterback prospect head and shoulders above the rest. Now you can't wait until third overall, trade up with Arizona, and still get a guy you are really comfortable with.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Much easier argument to be made that first overall is worth even more now that its one quarterback prospect head and shoulders above the rest. Now you can't wait until third overall, trade up with Arizona, and still get a guy you are really comfortable with.
or you can make the argument that even the top prospect isn't that good after all the further research into the QBs has been done.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
or you can make the argument that even the top prospect isn't that good after all the further research into the QBs has been done.
You're either in or out on Bryce Young. If you are willing to look past the size issues he's about as flawless a quarterback prospect as you can get. If you aren't? Well then you're out.

I think there were enough quarterback-needy teams who were extremely willing to roll those dice for a much steeper price than Carolina paid. We'll never really know.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
You're either in or out on Bryce Young. If you are willing to look past the size issues he's about as flawless a quarterback prospect as you can get. If you aren't? Well then you're out.

I think there were enough quarterback-needy teams who were extremely willing to roll those dice for a much steeper price than Carolina paid. We'll never really know.
Which really brings a closure to the overall discussion... we'll never really know.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Fashanu is gonna probably be the first player selected that isn't a QB. Probably right before Marvin Harrison Jr. LOL Posters need to come down thinking that that's even a possibility.
If only the Bears had 2 first round picks from non playoff teams......

Also, there's Joe Alt, Harrison Jr, a couple DEs and Edges that could go very high as well

Montucky

Liked Posts:

Also, there's Joe Alt, Harrison Jr, a couple DEs and Edges that could go very high as well
It is stupid to say Carolina is a non-playoff team.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Ball lacks velocity off platform. You're mistaken about value.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Every year you hear this and that about this guy and that guy, leading people to think they know what's going to happen. It's also a fever pitch for the mis-information to throw other teams off the scent. I have no idea what to expect which is a lot of fun. I just saw a mock that had Christian Gonzalez falling to #15 and Van Ness to #30, which seems absurd, but every draft has those types of moves cause people thought a guy was a top pick but the NFL didn't agree.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Every year you hear this and that about this guy and that guy, leading people to think they know what's going to happen. It's also a fever pitch for the mis-information to throw other teams off the scent. I have no idea what to expect which is a lot of fun. I just saw a mock that had Christian Gonzalez falling to #15 and Van Ness to #30, which seems absurd, but every draft has those types of moves cause people thought a guy was a top pick but the NFL didn't agree.
Allot of these players people fell in love with them after their combines. We will see in a few days which ones impressed nfl gm and which mock draft guru came close

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Allot of these players people fell in love with them after their combines. We will see in a few days which ones impressed nfl gm and which mock draft guru came close
Yep. It just takes one team to fall in love with a guy and pick him where the rest of the world thought he would be a reach. Conversely, I think the media can really hype a guy up perhaps fueled by a "source" that says a team is considering him much higher than most people thought he'd go, only to see that guy fall and people go "wtf the media said he was a top pick!"

It's gonna be fun no matter who the Bears take.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
It is stupid to say Carolina is a non-playoff team.

No, it's stupid to say they're a playoff team.

Dalton sucks, new defense, bad weapons and a little QB.

They won last year with defense and running the ball, they're bringing in a pass first offense now and not everybody on the defense fits their defense perfectly.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well in that scenario that started this conversation you've spent this year's first on offensive line and perhaps/probably both of next year's first on offensive line. Unless the Bears are so dreadful that they are picking top two (which is where you're probably going to need to be picking if you want Olumuyiwa Fashanu) its going to be trade-up. I'm skeptical of building a passable NFL defensive line with late day two and day three picks.

Free agency? Maybe, I don't know. The 2024 class looks oustanding now but I expect to start being whittled down this summer until its no better than this year.

Cuts and trades? Well you just traded for Olu Fashanu, so there goes two first rounders. The Bears neglected to get a 2025 first rounder from Carolina, which to me was an incredible failure on the part of the GM for party this reason. Basically have to re-commit the Khalil Mack trade.

Not interested in other teams leftovers in summer cuts. Doesn't solve the central problem.
Well now i see why nobody likes having a conversation/debate with you, besides the vortex master of course. You don't really make too much sense and you seem to make assumptions on what could happen and make it seem like it's facts.

I think Poles can fix the OL and DL in the next two offseasons, including this one as one of them. Lets hope i'm right.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
CCS told me that these GM's already have their boards set and don't make changes after pro days and other new info comes out. Hmmmmmmm

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Well now i see why nobody likes having a conversation/debate with you, besides the vortex master of course. You don't really make too much sense and you seem to make assumptions on what could happen and make it seem like it's facts.

I think Poles can fix the OL and DL in the next two offseasons, including this one as one of them. Lets hope i'm right.
I don't see what is so crazy about this considering it was in response to a scenario where the Bears take a player who could very easily go first overall (let alone second) next year and drafting a tackle at ninth overall this year!

I'm actually not opposed to the idea, but you still are looking at not really being competitive for another three seasons from now since you can't win with no defense line. If that's your time horizon fine, if you draft a pair of bookend tackles its probably worth it.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
No, it's stupid to say they're a playoff team.

Dalton sucks, new defense, bad weapons and a little QB.

They won last year with defense and running the ball, they're bringing in a pass first offense now and not everybody on the defense fits their defense perfectly.
Panthers are likely the best team in their division if Bryce Young is even decent. OL is good. Wrs are mediocre but will add another guy or 2 in the draft. Good rb. Very good defensive unit. Division is awful.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Brock Bowers

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I hope Tyree Wilson falls to pick #64....:snoop"