**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Of note, the Bears project to have absolutely 0 bargain bin free agents starting on the offensive line this year.

Also of note, Carolina's wide receivers are in fact, an over the hill veteran (Thielen), a bargain bin free agent (Chark), and a 3rd year WR who has 45 catches in 2 years so far.
Lucas Patrick? Cody Whitehair would be if the Bears would just cut him already. Nate Davis blows too.

But yeah I will be the first to point out that offensive line and wide receivers are in fact different positions on the football field.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Lucas Patrick? Cody Whitehair would be if the Bears would just cut him already. Nate Davis blows too.

But yeah I will be the first to point out that offensive line and wide receivers are in fact different positions on the football field.
What the everloving hell are you talking about? Whitehair is the projected starter right now. He was drafted by the Bears, he's not a bargain bin FA (Patrick is). Maybe you consider him a washed up vet, but disengenious to disregard the fact he was homegrown. Name me 1 measure that says Nate Davis "blows".

And you're the one the brought up that you think Carolina's WRs will be better than Moore because of the OL's. LOL.

You truly are a miserable fuck, OMG

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Derek Carr is likely to be better than Young next year. Saints also have a good OL and a very good D that gave up less points than the Panters. They also have much better WRs headlined by Olave.
Saints lost two starting DT's, a DE, at least one LB. They have a lot of holes to fill on the defense

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd be willing to put down one of the bold predictions that at least one of the Carolina wide receivers will have a better year than DJ Moore. This is what happens when you have over the hill veterans, bargain bin free agents and fifth round picks starting on your offensive line.

You say dumb shit just to say it.

What an idiotic thing to say

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What the everloving hell are you talking about? Whitehair is the projected starter right now. He was drafted by the Bears, he's not a bargain bin FA (Patrick is). Maybe you consider him a washed up vet, but disengenious to disregard the fact he was homegrown. Name me 1 measure that says Nate Davis "blows".

And you're the one the brought up that you think Carolina's WRs will be better than Moore because of the OL's. LOL.

You truly are a miserable fuck, OMG
Yeah I do. Carolina will throw for more yards because their offense overall will function better. Not controversial, makes sense. You're just big mad because you got brain issues.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You say dumb shit just to say it.

What an idiotic thing to say
Yeah that's what I heard when I predicted Darnell Mooney to have more receiving yards than Allen Robinson II in his second year. Many of you just look at whats happened before and assume it'll keep happening, despite the fact that the whole history of pro football is stacked against you.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah that's what I heard when I predicted Darnell Mooney to have more receiving yards than Allen Robinson II in his second year. Many of you just look at whats happened before and assume it'll keep happening, despite the fact that the whole history of pro football is stacked against you.

You typed all that and none of it means a damn thing to the issue at hand

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Panthers are likely the best team in their division if Bryce Young is even decent. OL is good. Wrs are mediocre but will add another guy or 2 in the draft. Good rb. Very good defensive unit. Division is awful.
I'm kinda confused about why people are claiming that the Panthers have a very good defensive unit. Last year they ranked 22 in total yards and 18 in scoring. They have some very nice pieces, Burns and Brown on the D line. Shaq Thompson at LB and Jaycee Horn and Jeremy Chinn in the secondary. Most others are replacement level. They have a new defensive coordinator and not a lot of draft capital. One thing in their favor is that 4 of their 7 wins came in their division

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get it, but they won’t solve all problems this year so go get the blue chip player vs. need. 9 other picks outside of the 1st.

Yeah, bears will have plenty of opportunities to get solid lunch pail types through the rest of the draft.

I think you are right, it is important to get a blue chipper that can anchor his position group at the top of the draft

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Derek Carr is likely to be better than Young next year. Saints also have a good OL and a very good D that gave up less points than the Panters. They also have much better WRs headlined by Olave.

And they got a top 30 pick for an asset that didn't do anything for them in 2022 (Sean Payton).

Right now NOLA is +125 to win the division, the Falcons are +300 and Carolina is +330 with Tampa being +500. Montucky said it was stupid to say Carolina is a non-playoff team but they're far from the favorite.

Dude just says crap to say it and most of the time his "opinion" is just the opposite of what's good for the Bears. Dudes a troll who wants attention with no real actual understanding or basis behind his arguments.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Carter, Johnson likely not available at #9. Fuck taking Skoronski at #9. Trade down so Poles can trade back up in the 2nd.
This and if he has to go back past the Ts, just take Keion White, line him at 3-tech. Use the extra picks to get targets on OL etc. This would require Poles and Cunningham having confidence on a sleeper T. Moving further than 17 will drop you out of the preferred range but should also compensate that with multiple and/or higher picks. How about Seattle at 20 + 37. You might still get one of the top Ts at 20 and be able to up move a little for White if needed.

All that said and having done more work on the Ts. It's not as deep as I've read and even 17 may miss on the premier top 4.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
33.5 to 32.25

And I don't want Jenkins at RT at all. I'm just saying if you draft Skoronski that's what happens. I think the Bears are set at guard now personally. It's center and tackle that need fixing.
This staff won't draft Skoronski for G or T at 9. They may not be correct but as an example, even though Jenkins would obviously be a better T than Borom, they moved Teven inside because that's where they project him with his 33.5" arm length.

Here's an odd thought. Since Skoronski is reportedly very football smart and a technician. How do you feel about a top C at 9. A little early for me but a roll that I suspect he could master quickly.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Saints lost two starting DT's, a DE, at least one LB. They have a lot of holes to fill on the defense
Granderson had more sacks than Davenport last year. They brought Khalen Saunders over from the Chiefs and he had the same number of sacks as Kentavius Street. So really they lost Oneymatta and Ellis without have a great replacement but obviously can do so in the draft. That D is likely to still be good and those loses don't drop the Panthers losing Moore and replacing with Thielen and Chark but obviously time will tell.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he has a career like Zack Martin it is, imo.

But he already doesn't have a career like Martin. Martin started his career out with 8 straight seasons with a grade of 80 or above with 2 90+ grades. Nelson had 3 seasons of 80 or more but has a 69 and 68 the past two seasons so he has already fallen off in a way Martin never did.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
But he already doesn't have a career like Martin. Martin started his career out with 8 straight seasons with a grade of 80 or above with 2 90+ grades. Nelson had 3 seasons of 80 or more but has a 69 and 68 the past two seasons so he has already fallen off in a way Martin never did.
I meant if Skoronski has a career like Martin, he’s be worth the 9 pick, even if it’s at G.