**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Granderson had more sacks than Davenport last year. They brought Khalen Saunders over from the Chiefs and he had the same number of sacks as Kentavius Street. So really they lost Oneymatta and Ellis without have a great replacement but obviously can do so in the draft. That D is likely to still be good and those loses don't drop the Panthers losing Moore and replacing with Thielen and Chark but obviously time will tell.
Saunders also had the benefit of playing next to Chris Jones last year.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which is why CHI shouldn't say "we can't fix all our problems this year" in regards to the OL. The sooner you start, the sooner you reap the benefits

imo, when folks say the team isn't gon get fixed in one offseason... well that excludes the OL

bears cannot afford another season of shit OL play, not when they have shown they truly believe Fields can be the guy. Just can't watch him take (uncalled) shots to the head 1.2 sec after the snap

absolutely have to get the OL on track this offseason. has to happen.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
On Jalen Carter…
“He’s been the most mature he has. He was overshadowed maturity wise by the other two (Jordan Davis and Devonte Wyatt), he wasn’t overshadowed tackle wise by any means. He is massive. He is as talented or more talented athletically than those two. A very different guy than those two, but he is matured. His practice habits have actually improved this year. He is practicing with more consistency and he has to continue to do that. He is very mature. He can admit to you and be honest with you when he doesn’t give great effort. He’s like, ‘you’re right Coach, I didn’t do my best on that play’. But that happens much less often now. I think he knows that people’s eyes are on him, in terms of our other players and he knows he has to be a leader for our defense. I am proud of what he’s done. Most practices he’s given us a full day’s work. He competes not like a guy that has been there and done that. He competes like he’s hungry. That’s what we challenge him to do. He just has to do that every day, day in and day out, and then maybe affects somebody else with him.”

Doesn’t sound like a bad kid. But he doesn’t sound like a Justin Fields type who is 100% all the time either.

Guess we will know in several years.
Very true.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
lol

OK, yes. Those two guys overcame pre-draft doubts. Yes, it happens. Awesome for them.

But to even be in the position where you are hoping your 9th overall pick can overcome all his issues is accepting risk.

Nobody knows what Carter will be in 2 years or 4 years or 10 years. But there is a point where the risk overtakes the upside.

Especially when in the top 10 , when there are other players you really like that don't present the same risk.

To just hand-wave these considerations away because 'whatabout moss whatabout tunsil' is just plain negligent
Bump this.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
This staff won't draft Skoronski for G or T at 9. They may not be correct but as an example, even though Jenkins would obviously be a better T than Borom, they moved Teven inside because that's where they project him with his 33.5" arm length.

Here's an odd thought. Since Skoronski is reportedly very football smart and a technician. How do you feel about a top C at 9. A little early for me but a roll that I suspect he could master quickly.
This doesn’t really hold water considering Borom’s arms are a half inch shorter than Jenkins.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The secondary will never be terrifying with non existent pass rush like the Bears have. Even if they draft a stud CB.

I’d be pretty disappointed neglecting the trenches for a DB
I agree with this, plus there are a number of good DB's in this draft.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I can't stand Chris Simms but I agree with his evaluation of Mark Anderson. A good prospect who doesn't flash anywhere. For him to he someone's 2nd overall prospect is insane.
Agreed, I watched a lot of Bama games and he really doesn't show up or wreck games, Wilson will be better.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
And they got a top 30 pick for an asset that didn't do anything for them in 2022 (Sean Payton).

Right now NOLA is +125 to win the division, the Falcons are +300 and Carolina is +330 with Tampa being +500. Montucky said it was stupid to say Carolina is a non-playoff team but they're far from the favorite.

Dude just says crap to say it and most of the time his "opinion" is just the opposite of what's good for the Bears. Dudes a troll who wants attention with no real actual understanding or basis behind his arguments.
I think everyone should just ignore Montucky and maybe the miserable dirt bag would go away, all he wants is to argue.

Rise

Liked Posts:
The Bears will not get Wright if they trade down to 17. He is too good of a prospect in a relatively weak draft.