**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Panthers are likely the best team in their division if Bryce Young is even decent. OL is good. Wrs are mediocre but will add another guy or 2 in the draft. Good rb. Very good defensive unit. Division is awful.
The division has basically no threat to them with Sean Payton in Denver and Tom Brady out of the league. Obviously anything can happen but they are an easy favorite among those four teams, to the point where eleven or so wins is not out of the question at all.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The division has basically no threat to them with Sean Payton in Denver and Tom Brady out of the league. Obviously anything can happen but they are an easy favorite among those four teams, to the point where eleven or so wins is not out of the question at all.
If Bryce Young is good, they win the division. If he's mediocre/hurt I think they still compete with NO and atl.

Atlanta did like a win now offseason signing old defensive lineman but still have a bad roster. Weird approach from them.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Panthers are likely the best team in their division if Bryce Young is even decent. OL is good. Wrs are mediocre but will add another guy or 2 in the draft. Good rb. Very good defensive unit. Division is awful.
Every team in that division has a really good OL. Carolina's OL isn't better than the Saints. IDK that they're better than the Falcons OL either, and Atlanta quietly had a pretty good offseason, IMO. Tampa and the Saints probably will have better defenses.

QB wise, the bar is pretty low with Derek Carr the best in the division right now. But Bryce Young will have growing pains and their WRs are worse than mediocre. IDK that they add a big difference maker at 39 or whatever either.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Every team in that division has a really good OL. Carolina's OL isn't better than the Saints. IDK that they're better than the Falcons OL either, and Atlanta quietly had a pretty good offseason, IMO. Tampa and the Saints probably will have better defenses.

QB wise, the bar is pretty low with Derek Carr the best in the division right now. But Bryce Young will have growing pains and their WRs are worse than mediocre. IDK that they add a big difference maker at 39 or whatever either.
I hope you're right but I'm not impressed by any of those other 3 teams which leaves the door open for Carolina in that division

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Payton wasn't in the division last year and the Saints upgraded the QB position more than Carolina will, IMO.

I will give you that Carolina will likely have the best coaching in the division, but nobody in that division is winning 11 games. 9 takes that division, which means an "easy favorite" doesn't exist.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Saints > Panthers

Panthers are not gonna hit the ground running with a new regime, new scheme, rookie qb etc

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I hope you're right but I'm not impressed by any of those other 3 teams which leaves the door open for Carolina in that division
Agreed. But rookie QBs typically don't put up a whole lot of W's. The best rookie QB season in recent history was Justin Herbert and he went just 6-9.

Burrow 2-7-1
Allen 5-6
Hurts only started 4 games, but was 1-3
Lawrence 3-14
Kyler 5-10-1
Fields we know

The last rookie QB to lead his team to the playoffs was Dak Prescott (not counting Purdy who started like 6 games), IIRC and he inherited a loaded team.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agreed. But rookie QBs typically don't put up a whole lot of W's. The best rookie QB season in recent history was Justin Herbert and he went just 6-9.

Burrow 2-7-1
Allen 5-6
Hurts only started 4 games, but was 1-3
Lawrence 3-14
Kyler 5-10-1
Fields we know

The last rookie QB to lead his team to the playoffs was Dak Prescott (not counting Purdy who started like 6 games), IIRC and he inherited a loaded team.
Mac Jones 10-7 in 2021.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They can add receivers but it’s doubtful they make much of an impact this year. Hubbard simply isn’t good—his advanced stats show he’s just another Monty—haven’t paid attention if they added a decent Rb. They will have to win via their young talented defense and hope Young balls out. Which is possible, especially in their shit division.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Losing a WR in Moore that produced no matter who was playing QB is a big loss for them. Chark and Thielen aren't suitable replacements. Their defense could carry them a little bit but i don't think they'll be better than 9-8 at best, and that's only because their division is so poor. I definitely think New Orleans is in line to win that division.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'd be willing to put down one of the bold predictions that at least one of the Carolina wide receivers will have a better year than DJ Moore. This is what happens when you have over the hill veterans, bargain bin free agents and fifth round picks starting on your offensive line.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're either in or out on Bryce Young. If you are willing to look past the size issues he's about as flawless a quarterback prospect as you can get. If you aren't? Well then you're out.

I think there were enough quarterback-needy teams who were extremely willing to roll those dice for a much steeper price than Carolina paid. We'll never really know.

Where are they. Panthers said they were fine with multiple QBs so should be able to trade and get back more than they gave up.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Derek Carr is likely to be better than Young next year. Saints also have a good OL and a very good D that gave up less points than the Panthers. They also have much better WRs headlined by Olave.

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Fulmer had that university rolling in the 90’s. It’s just so fucking difficult to stay at the top in the SEC
Seriously. Back then they had 3 NFL running backs on the roster together. Travis Henry, Jamal Lewis, and Travis Stephens. Even the fullback played in the NFL.

But they mostly did it via the way to still do it today, they had the most talent of any SEC team on the offensive and defensive lines

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'd be willing to put down one of the bold predictions that at least one of the Carolina wide receivers will have a better year than DJ Moore. This is what happens when you have over the hill veterans, bargain bin free agents and fifth round picks starting on your offensive line.
Of note, the Bears project to have absolutely 0 bargain bin free agents starting on the offensive line this year.

Also of note, Carolina's wide receivers are in fact, an over the hill veteran (Thielen), a bargain bin free agent (Chark), and a 3rd year WR who has 45 catches in 2 years so far.