**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Goddamn... These claims about Carter...

“That was all about half lies, half-baked truths,” said an executive in personnel for an NFL team. “The championship is over so he’s out from under their purview and he’s racing on the streets of Athens and people get killed. He had to lie like a dog at the combine. And there’s not one person there at Georgia that will endorse him. What are the red flags here?”

Yet he’s #1 on half of CCS board because he’s a mythical 3 tech.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Attitude problems? LOL. Moss ended up at Marshall because of LEGAL problems. He got kicked out of Florida State, which is hard to do. Tunsil smoking weed was ILLEGAL at the time.

lol

OK, yes. Those two guys overcame pre-draft doubts. Yes, it happens. Awesome for them.

But to even be in the position where you are hoping your 9th overall pick can overcome all his issues is accepting risk.

Nobody knows what Carter will be in 2 years or 4 years or 10 years. But there is a point where the risk overtakes the upside.

Especially when in the top 10 , when there are other players you really like that don't present the same risk.

To just hand-wave these considerations away because 'whatabout moss whatabout tunsil' is just plain negligent

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyways…. He will probably go to Seattle and be good for a while but never truly max out. (Maybe in his contract year) Carroll is a pretty damn good coach who can get something out of him. Put him in Chicago and I think he crashes and burns under the media and fan attention. This city just eats up certain types of athletes.

seems to me like it's going to be a never ending battle with coaches wherever he ends up

And as soon as his rookie deal is up, he'll start trying to leave in search of a team that will let him slack. But that is jus pure speculation at this point

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just axed my UGA connection. Let me see what he says, he’s usually 100% correct on UGA players. He once said that DeAndre Baker was going to get himself arrested for a felony one day and did he ever nail that one.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, stress like that isn't normal for you unless your decision indirectly affects someone dying. And even then, it's less stress than that person being an actual friend.

Unless you are a surgeon/anesthesiologist and you screw up an operation or dosage of a friend or family member, it's not the same.

meh

you all are arguing about the severity of what he went through, but it doesn't matter.

the particulars of the incident are way less important than how he responded to it

teams are looking at this for clues to how he will respond to adversity. and while he deserves empathy like all people, from a football perspective, it's not great when you respond to adversity in a way that leads to blowing your pro day

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I just axed my UGA connection. Let me see what he says, he’s usually 100% correct on UGA players. He once said that DeAndre Baker was going to get himself arrested for a felony one day and did he ever nail that one.
I’ve asked a few of mine. Say a lot of this stuff is overblown.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
lol

OK, yes. Those two guys overcame pre-draft doubts. Yes, it happens. Awesome for them.

But to even be in the position where you are hoping your 9th overall pick can overcome all his issues is accepting risk.

Nobody knows what Carter will be in 2 years or 4 years or 10 years. But there is a point where the risk overtakes the upside.

Especially when in the top 10 , when there are other players you really like that don't present the same risk.

To just hand-wave these considerations away because 'whatabout moss whatabout tunsil' is just plain negligent
You're late to the conversation and don't understand the context or my point. I didn't wave anything away.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
the universe surrounding football is completely different than actually being on the field for practice and game time. And watching is not the same as playing.

It's absolutely possible to have no interest in the trappings of football and still love the game

Think you are muddying the waters on a critical question about self-motivation, dedication, rising to challenges, and response to coaching
Again, late to the conversation. That was a complete side note. Hence why it was never mentioned again or nobody was quoted. I didn't even compare it to anything. You are doing that. It was to point out that loving football isn't a prerequisite for being good at it.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again, late to the conversation. That was a complete side note. Hence why it was never mentioned again or nobody was quoted. I didn't even compare it to anything. You are doing that. It was to point out that loving football isn't a prerequisite for being good at it.

uh yeah

I was disputing the point in each of the posts I quoted....

it's irrelevant if it was late or it was a side note or nobody else quoted.

if you disagree with my responses, fine. but what is this? why you tryna gaslight me?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
uh yeah

I was disputing the point in each of the posts I quoted....

it's irrelevant if it was late or it was a side note or nobody else quoted.

if you disagree with my responses, fine. but what is this? why you tryna gaslight me?
You were disputing the points in a vacuum, not in their context of the conversation, which matters since it was an ongoing conversation.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’ve asked a few of mine. Say a lot of this stuff is overblown.
Yea UGA is not exactly hard to get info from alumni. Seems there are a thousand people that have access to behind the scenes info

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Yea UGA is not exactly hard to get info from alumni. Seems there are a thousand people that have access to behind the scenes info
Very true. Never really heard about him bullying people, using his status to get out of class, treating others like garbage, etc. like other student-athletes, not just at UGA, but at any school.

It will be very interesting to see where he gets drafted.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You were disputing the points in a vacuum, not in their context of the conversation, which matters since it was an ongoing conversation.

it's annoying how fast football conversations turn into weird meta arguments around here

just address the points I made if you disagree. Or don't. But what is this shit?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Very true. Never really heard about him bullying people, using his status to get out of class, treating others like garbage, etc. like other student-athletes, not just at UGA, but at any school.

My guy just hit me back. Said it’s all bullshit. Coaches love him, players definitely love him. Just agents jockeying for position with their players

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
it's annoying how fast football conversations turn into weird meta arguments around here

just address the points I made if you disagree. Or don't. But what is this shit?

If you want me to address your points, you should have made them 8 hours ago when I gave a damn. Sorry you weren't around but I don't feel like rehashing old shit. If you disagree, that's fine. I already argued the first post I quoted of yours in the other responses in this thread. The last one I responded to you on was because that was really clearly a 1-off post not really relevant to the discussion (which is why I didn't quote anyone) to everyone else that was around this afternoon.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He made Hooker’s life miserable in the Tennessee game. @knoxville7

I’m not really in either camp for or against Carter as most but I don’t really consider the OSU game as big as a deal as others. Hutchinson was invisible for the UGA playoff game the year prior and he turned out alright.
Absolutely destroyed the greatest weakness to the Heupel offense…pressure right up the middle in the QB’s face

The guy is an absolute stud and game plan wrecker.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

And here is the USC confirmation that we prior talked about.

I’ll PM you what I heard about why he was subpar against OSU too.