**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
lol levis is +400 but young is at -1000
it'll be a shocker if young isnt the 1st pick...strange though that carolina wouldnt confirm young is the pick...
Why should they? What’s the benefit?

Keep all options open until it’s time to turn in the pick.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Here's the full Cunningham Interview, the Jalen Carter responses come at around 6:50-9:940 if you'd like some context:

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Why should they? What’s the benefit?

Keep all options open until it’s time to turn in the pick.
keep all options open? so after trading a haul for the number 1 pick, keep options open and what trade it away? if they havent settled on who they want by now thats just a fucking problem...why shouldnt they tell the person they are taking first overall? other than what another poster said where the nfl may be prohibiting it, why not let the texans get to work on who they want at 2.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Smokescreen?
Not sure. I would not be surprised for Poles to draft Bijan and just go all in with weapons. He not only helps with the running game but adds another receiver to worry about out of the backfield, plus he is a good blocker (Herbert is not).

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
keep all options open? so after trading a haul for the number 1 pick, keep options open and what trade it away? if they havent settled on who they want by now thats just a fucking problem...why shouldnt they tell the person they are taking first overall? other than what another poster said where the nfl may be prohibiting it, why not let the texans get to work on who they want at 2.
I dont remember the last time a team actually announced who they were taking at 1 before the draft, so I'm not sure why it is strange to you.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont remember the last time a team actually announced who they were taking at 1 before the draft, so I'm not sure why it is strange to you.

Didn't the Dolphins not only announce Jake Long back in 2008 but had him locked into a pre-draft contract?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Didn't the Dolphins not only announce Jake Long back in 2008 but had him locked into a pre-draft contract?
I know it's happened but I just couldn't remember the last time it did. So yeah probably, that sounds right. I think before the new cba it was more likely because they needed to discuss contracts with whoever would go #1 and that might even cause teams to change direction if negotiations weren't working with a player