**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Darnell Wright at 9 is happening unless someone trades ahead.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think Wright is the Bears #1 OT. It will be him or Carter. I just hope if what I think is true that they don’t get cute and trade down to far. We need to get a RT above all else.
Depends on Paris. If he's gone, the Bears probably have to stay at 9 and draft a tackle. If he doesn't go, that means no tackles are gone (maybe Skoronski who may be a guard) and then they can trade down potentially.

Also depends on QBs, if one is there, they may get a haul and say F those tackles

Rise

Liked Posts:
Depends on Paris. If he's gone, the Bears probably have to stay at 9 and draft a tackle. If he doesn't go, that means no tackles are gone (maybe Skoronski who may be a guard) and then they can trade down potentially.

Also depends on QBs, if one is there, they may get a haul and say F those tackles

I think they have Wright over Paris. But yeah I mean everything is on the table if a team throws a great offer they probably take it. The team just needs so much.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think they have Wright over Paris. But yeah I mean everything is on the table if a team throws a great offer they probably take it. The team just needs so much.

Maybe on defense, but this offense is shaping up to be pretty good.

This O should be top 10 this year, if they aren't that means fields is probably not the guy.

Dont think this bears squad is as far away as some think. Just field a defense that doesn't give up 30+ a game and you probably compete for the playoffs.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
They very well may have Wright ahead, but my point is Paris is going to be the first OT off the board (depending on what you consider Skoronski). They could take Wright as the 1st OT off the board at 9, but they wouldn't need to if nobody else has taken a tackle. They can game the system knowing everyone else likely has Johnson at OT1 and possibly Jones as OT2 and get Wright + extra picks.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Maybe on defense, but this offense is shaping up to be pretty good.

This O should be top 10 this year, if they aren't that means fields is probably not the guy.

Dont think this bears squad is as far away as some think. Just field a defense that doesn't give up 30+ a game and you probably compete for the playoffs.
I think the gist is right here, but I don't think they HAVE to be top 10. I honestly don't really think it should be expected. It wasn't a big difference between 10th best offense and 15th (11 yards per game). So the Bears can still be within reach of top 10 and it would mean great things for Fields' future.

That being said, it's possible with a better OL, better TE2, and a better fit at RB than Montgomery, the run offense should be top of the league still (though goes down if Fields runs less). That would mean only 50 yards per game passing increase puts the Bears among the top 10 offenses. And 50 more ypg would only put them as the 28th best passing offense based on 2022 stats. LOL.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I just think people are running with meaningless reports coming out a few days before the draft. Which also have plenty of reports saying pjj is the guy. Or bijan is in play. Nobody has any clue.
Oh! I agree! I was just answering why someone might say we have Wright over PJJ. You’re not wrong.

Rise

Liked Posts:
They very well may have Wright ahead, but my point is Paris is going to be the first OT off the board (depending on what you consider Skoronski). They could take Wright as the 1st OT off the board at 9, but they wouldn't need to if nobody else has taken a tackle. They can game the system knowing everyone else likely has Johnson at OT1 and possibly Jones as OT2 and get Wright + extra picks.

This is what I mean by getting cute. You never know what other teams are going to do, and if your process says Wright maybe theirs does to? Mock drafts have zero impact on GM boards. So the answer has to be are they comfortable with say 4 players if they move back 4 spots. That’s usually how they make the decision.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I just think people are running with meaningless reports coming out a few days before the draft. Which also have plenty of reports saying pjj is the guy. Or bijan is in play. Nobody has any clue.

Well of course none of us know anything for sure. I just think Wright fits exactly what they look for and what we need. So to me he is their target but it’s purely a guess lol.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Unless people are confident in Whitehair/Patrick center is a bigger need than RT. Converting Skoronski is far from a sure thing though.
Unless Borom or Leatherwood have been killed and replaced by aliens then there is no bigger need on the team than RT. Because the Bears dont currently have starting caliber RTs on the roster, they only have "ruin your offense" guys penciled in at the spot right now.