**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I just have a feeling if Poles goes best player available and Bijan Robinson is on the board, that will be Poles pick at #9 (if he stays).
Based on what? He doesn’t strike me as the type to value RB like that.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Based on what? He doesn’t strike me as the type to value RB like that.
You are talking about "value". If he sticks to the BPA approach and Bijan is on the board. Most think Bijan is a top 5 player in the draft but he is a RB.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
If poles kept the first pick after the Carter stuff I felt like they would over think it and take Wilson over Anderson. The SYSTEM!!!!! Lol
What has Poles done that makes you thinks Poles would do this or that he overthinks high stake situations?
Or are you just projecting past Bears GMs actions on Poles?

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Didn't the Dolphins not only announce Jake Long back in 2008 but had him locked into a pre-draft contract?
It was very common before the rookie salaries were slated. Teams worked out the contract with the #1 pick weeks prior to the draft to avoid a holdout and it was all public.

Now that the rookie salaries are basically set there is no need to do this and teams do not tip their hand prior to the draft - maybe to appease the NFL as someone already suggested.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This is what I mean by getting cute. You never know what other teams are going to do, and if your process says Wright maybe theirs does to? Mock drafts have zero impact on GM boards. So the answer has to be are they comfortable with say 4 players if they move back 4 spots. That’s usually how they make the decision.
I think teams have a good idea what teams are going to do. That's why Texans know they aren't getting Young. That's why the Bears are pretty sure they aren't getting Carter.

These owners are a billionaire boys club. They talk. It's not a huge secret who teams are interested in, with leaks to the media constantly. Obviously every leak isn't legit, but GMs know which ones are likely real and not real.

Obviously, you can't trade back if you're targeting 1 singular player. That was just a general example I used. Hence talking about the OTs off the board by 9. Bears brought in all the top guys, I'm sure they have a preference, but if it's likely different from everyone else's then they can get cute if they are also willing to settle if necessary.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Crazy, bro! I was just reading this and thinking about posting it here.

My favorite comment there is this

Drewskeet
Smokin' Jay
1h
I was against Bijan until today. Actually took time to watch his highlights and read into him. Im all for it. Run that high powered offense. He’s so versatile. I don’t think we could go wrong with this pick.

Which I think best reflects the place most fans are at when it comes to Bijan Robinson. They just don’t know what he is. Let’s hope we draft him.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Crazy, bro! I was just reading this and thinking about posting it here.

My favorite comment there is this

Which I think best reflects the place most fans are at when it comes to Bijan Robinson. They just don’t know what he is. Let’s hope we draft him.
you build through the trenches. period.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There are other OL.

That’s a period at the end of the sentence. Should I put an arrow or type it out like you did? I’m not sure.
You do you kemosabe. Full stop.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
QB is no. 1. No. 2 is Oline to make sure they protect no. 1. RBs don’t win championships, QBs do.

Look at Kansas City They just won a SB with a late round RB, what they learned in SB loss to TB is to invest in O-line. They did with Brown, Humphrey and Thuney. Sent a 1st to ravens for Brown, drafted Humphrey in 2nd round, and paid thuney $80 mil for 5 years. Now they paid Taylor $20 mil a year to replace Brown. Invest in Oline.