**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Rise

Liked Posts:
Watching this espn mock draft and if it goes this way I’ll be disappointing honestly. First oline off the board and it’s skoronski? They mentioned the last name and it being the Bears, meh, thoughts? It’s not that I don’t like skoronski I just want a real deal tackle if we can’t get edge or 3T. Skoronski is a luxury pick at guard, much like Bijan at rb.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
keep all options open? so after trading a haul for the number 1 pick, keep options open and what trade it away? if they havent settled on who they want by now thats just a fucking problem...why shouldnt they tell the person they are taking first overall? other than what another poster said where the nfl may be prohibiting it, why not let the texans get to work on who they want at 2.
You didn't answer the simple question as to what is the advantage?

There may be a 1000-1 shot they change their mind, but they leak who their pick is, he gets arrested on Wednesday and they pick someone different who always knows he wasn't the first choice.

Yes, that's an unlikely scenarion. But the point is there is zero benefit to the team telling the world today, and possible downside.

And while it is also a long shot that they would trade for the #1 and trade out of it, how does it hurt to listen to any offers that could possibly be made?

This is the very reason teams take the entire allotted time to turn in their pick, even when the guy they hoped for falls to them.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
If the Bears did their homework and decided that Skoronski is the best option at #9, I’d be surprised, but I wouldn’t be upset. Many of us question his ability to play OT in the NFL, but absolutely nobody questions his ability at guard. I’d have to trust the Bears scouts and trust that the people in charge have a vision for the offense they’re building. If PJJ and Jones/Wright are taken ahead of the Bears and it seems like Bears take Skoronski in an Eli Apple-esque panic pick, then yeah, let the dick ripping commence.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well of course none of us know anything for sure. I just think Wright fits exactly what they look for and what we need. So to me he is their target but it’s purely a guess lol.
I love Wright but if the Bears somehow had Wright, PJJ and B.Jones ranked together i'd rather go with one that can play LT and RT in case our B.Jones needs to go to RT. If Skoronski can play T then i'm choosing him over any of them but no way to know that until we see it.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I don’t know why these guys keep tweeting “sorry chicago jalen Carter will be gone by 9”.

only two possibilities with Carter:

1. He is vetted and his talent warrants to be picked before 9.
2. His red flags are still a factor and he slides to 9 in which case the Bears are in no position to take a player like that on. Eagles would be the fit.

Either way the Bears aren’t drafting him, so why even think about him?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

NFL Notifications
@NFLNotify
·
Follow
????? ???? Multiple teams believe the #Bears draft board sits. 1. Jalen Carter 2. Paris Johnson Jr. 2b. Peter Skoronski They believe if Skoronski fails at tackle early on, they can move him inside where he can become a Quenton Nelson type of player for them.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

NFL Notifications
@NFLNotify
·
Follow
????? ???? Multiple teams believe the #Bears draft board sits. 1. Jalen Carter 2. Paris Johnson Jr. 2b. Peter Skoronski They believe if Skoronski fails at tackle early on, they can move him inside where he can become a Quenton Nelson type of player for them.
Then they will try to move on from Jenkins unless they plan on moving him to RT

Rise

Liked Posts:
If they are really this high on Carter then why did they trade back so far so early on? No guts, no glory…but you can get a guard…Ballard style.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ngl, feels great knowing we have a GM on draft day that won’t treat draft picks like freebies for other teams

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so where he gets drafted will be a good litmus test of how his draft value has deteriorated? Thanks