**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So It's not always BPA for the Bears but mostly per Cunningham.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd be happy with Van Ness at #9.

Van Ness is dating Cole Kmet's sister. If they do draft him hopefully it's not a lot of drama between them two.

lukas-van-ness-girlfriend-4.webp

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Well, you are responding to the guy who would bend over for Bijan if he let him.

Gibbs is a very good prospect, especially in todays NFL.
A 1st Rd. Tackle with Gibbs might perform better than Bijan with a 2nd Rd. Tackle. I think everyone is anticipating all the best talent at OT going before the Bears current-best second round pick.

I would personally be content if Poles drafted only OL this year, if only to get enough talent in the room to adequately protect Fields.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Van Ness is dating Cole Kmet's sister. If they do draft him hopefully it's not a lot of drama between them two.

lukas-van-ness-girlfriend-4.webp
I didn't know that. Not worried about dating drama, i'm worried about having guys that can get to the QB and Van Ness can do that.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Now now…. Just because Maurice Jones-Drew has Gibbs as his #1 RB doesn’t mean Bijan is THAT far behind Gibbs.
Right?!? That’s the most laughable tale I’ve seen in this draft season, and that includes a Tyson Bagent skyrocketing up draft boards in the early draft season!

Gibbs can’t break arm tackles and barely runs inside. He’s a 3rd round scat back. People sleeping on Bijan, but Gibbs in the second is way too much value!

Bijan Robinson is good enough to have changed PFF’s mind. Yeah, Gibbs — not so much!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
A 1st Rd. Tackle with Gibbs might perform better than Bijan with a 2nd Rd. Tackle. I think everyone is anticipating all the best talent at OT going before the Bears current-best second round pick.

I would personally be content if Poles drafted only OL this year, if only to get enough talent in the room to adequately protect Fields.
No. This is a bad take. Real bad.

A second round RT would be fine. That is all we need. Please. This is a terrible draft for OL talent. Gibbs wouldn’t do much for us at all. There’s no reason to take him with the backfield we have, other than as a 3rd down back, and I’d prefer Deuce Vaughn in the fifth or later for the same shit.

Nah, man. Take a RT in the second line the kid out of Syracuse l, and we are fine for the next five years plus with the offensive weapon Bijan’ll bring.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Right?!? That’s the most laughable tale I’ve seen in this draft season, and that includes a Tyson Bagent skyrocketing up draft boards in the early draft season!

Gibbs can’t break arm tackles and barely runs inside. He’s a 3rd round scat back. People sleeping on Bijan, but Gibbs in the second is way too much value!

Bijan Robinson is good enough to have changed PFF’s mind. Yeah, Gibbs — not so much!

Saquon was better.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

A second round RT would be fine. That is all we need. Please. This is a terrible draft for OL talent. Gibbs wouldn’t do much for us at all. There’s no reason to take him with the backfield we have, other than as a 3rd down back, and I’d prefer Deuce Vaughn in the fifth or later for the same shit.

Nah, man. Take a RT in the second line the kid out of Syracuse l, and we are fine for the next five years plus with the offensive weapon Bijan’ll bring.
The bad take is saying this line will be fine.

The priority should be placed on protecting Fields. I'm with you that Robinson is a first round worthy, dynamic RB. But settling for just fine on OL is inexcusable with what we saw last year.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Maybe on defense, but this offense is shaping up to be pretty good.

This O should be top 10 this year, if they aren't that means fields is probably not the guy.

Dont think this bears squad is as far away as some think. Just field a defense that doesn't give up 30+ a game and you probably compete for the playoffs.
This is pretty much what you said last year and they won three games. Now you're here saying that because the Bears added a corpse and a solid number two wide receiver plus a new starting guard that its top ten or bust? Not really buying it man.

Reactions: chi

LIBlue

Liked Posts:

The kid out of Syracuse is being discussed as a OG, not a tackle. If you want a solid OT, you need to pull the trigger in round 1, likely at picks 9 thru 12. I realize you place limited importance on a OT, and view RBs as game changers. In looking at running backs selected in the top 10 since 2013, you see Saquon Barkley (#2) in 2018. Leonard Fournette (#4) and Christian McCaffrey (#8) in 2017. Ezekiel Elliot (#4) in 2016 - BTW, the Cowboys placed an emphasis on the OL, and Todd Gurley (#10) in 2015. So who were the game changers in this bunch, who can run behind a shit OL, and not get hurt? Most of these guys did get hurt. If Bijan goes to Philly, which has the other pieces in place (hint hint OL and DL) it is a great pick, but not for this Bear team.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
The bad take is saying this line will be fine.

The priority should be placed on protecting Fields. I'm with you that Robinson is a first round worthy, dynamic RB. But settling for just fine on OL is inexcusable with what we saw last year.
Nah. There is a good LT, a great RG, a good LG, and we have two, if not 3 answers at C already on the roster, so quit the chicken little shit. We basically need a starting caliber RT. We may already have that with JaTyre Carter. So, a powerful run blocking, road grading RT in the 2nd would be lit, minty fresh goodness.

Bijan is the BEST pick we can get as offensive weapons for Fields is the primary goal.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
First Gurley was supposed to be the bestest. Then Fournette. Even Saquon hasn’t proven to be worthy of a top 5 pick. You don’t draft RBs that high
You do have Ezekiel Elliott in there who did live up to it during his rookie contract. Reaching back I would say Adrian Peterson still looms as an example of things going so well that even if its a little dated its still relevant.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Nah. There is a good LT, a great RG, a good LG, and we have two, if not 3 answers at C already on the roster, so quit the chicken little shit. We basically need a starting caliber RT. We may already have that with JaTyre Carter. So, a powerful run blocking, road grading RT in the 2nd would be lit, minty fresh goodness.

Bijan is the BEST pick we can get as offensive weapons for Fields is the primary goal.
This OL take is laughably bad. I like bijan a lot, but you're takes on OL come off as clueless. I think jatyre Carter is an interesting iOL prospect who could become a nice piece but I'm certainly not banking on him (a small school guy, that they weren't willing to let get any game action in a tank season)to be a starter anytimesoon. It appears you are blinded to serious issues due to your bijan obsession