**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You do have Ezekiel Elliott in there who did live up to it during his rookie contract. Reaching back I would say Adrian Peterson still looms as an example of things going so well that even if its a little dated its still relevant.

Zeke also had one of the best OL in football.

AD is definitely dated like you said….but even if you want to include him, there’s still so few examples you can point to where drafting a RB in the top 10 is a good idea. Especially in todays NFL it’s just not good value

Montucky

Liked Posts:
To me this is a sign they are keeping him. If he breaks out they can use the tag to keep control of him, if he doesn't they are off the hook for the fully guaranteed fifth year salary which would've been onerous if Chase Young proves to be washed.

You would figure there is some small amount of value in leaving the fifth year option on the table in a trade, since you are leaving it to the buyer to decide. That said there might be some rule or element I'm missing here.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Zeke also had one of the best OL in football.

AD is definitely dated like you said….but even if you want to include him, there’s still so few examples you can point to where drafting a RB in the top 10 is a good idea. Especially in todays NFL it’s just not good value
This is a good point, and for what its worth I am very anti-Bijan Robinson at ninth overall. I do think there is a future where the runningback position becomes super-coveted again, but I don't think this is that moment.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd accept it with a wait and see but happy is a bit strong. Somewhat satiated.
You just not big on Van Ness as a player or you wanting them to go tackle at #9?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Right?!? That’s the most laughable tale I’ve seen in this draft season, and that includes a Tyson Bagent skyrocketing up draft boards in the early draft season!

Gibbs can’t break arm tackles and barely runs inside. He’s a 3rd round scat back. People sleeping on Bijan, but Gibbs in the second is way too much value!

Bijan Robinson is good enough to have changed PFF’s mind. Yeah, Gibbs — not so much!
I don't think anyone, or most, are sleeping on Bijan at all, think it's only about taking a RB high in a draft.

You still don't think any OL are worth a first round pick as well or have you come around on any of them?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No. This is a bad take. Real bad.

A second round RT would be fine. That is all we need. Please. This is a terrible draft for OL talent. Gibbs wouldn’t do much for us at all. There’s no reason to take him with the backfield we have, other than as a 3rd down back, and I’d prefer Deuce Vaughn in the fifth or later for the same shit.

Nah, man. Take a RT in the second line the kid out of Syracuse l, and we are fine for the next five years plus with the offensive weapon Bijan’ll bring.
But many think Bergeron is a guard in the NFL. You think he's a tackle?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
To me this is a sign they are keeping him. If he breaks out they can use the tag to keep control of him, if he doesn't they are off the hook for the fully guaranteed fifth year salary which would've been onerous if Chase Young proves to be washed.

You would figure there is some small amount of value in leaving the fifth year option on the table in a trade, since you are leaving it to the buyer to decide. That said there might be some rule or element I'm missing here.
No. I think you nailed it

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone, or most, are sleeping on Bijan at all, think it's only about taking a RB high in a draft.

You still don't think any OL are worth a first round pick as well or have you come around on any of them?
I think its about taking rb high in the draft with so many more important holes on the roster. If they'd filled most the holes in FA, I'd be all for Robinson. Robinson is an elite prospect, with great character, and highly intelligent.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
What does the NFL think about running backs and their long term potential/impact? Only kickers and punters have a lower franchise tag than RBs. If you have a talented roster ready to win now, a RB at the top of the draft makes sense. If you are a few years away from that spot, does it make sense?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So after 2 months of voracious film study, hours of reading articles, and endless twitter scrolling I’ve learned:

1. This entire class has character issues and all are a bunch of lazy bums. (Except for one perfect tackle guard and one perfect running back)

2. Next years class will be amazing!!

maxhatter

Liked Posts:

The biggest issue is that Sweat is in the final year of his agreement and Washington can only use the Franchise tag on one of the two.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It is a proud Bears tradition spanning many different general manager and coaching regimes to constantly move offensive linemen around and ensure they never have any continuity at any position. Drafting Peter Skoronski with the intention of putting him through this rigamarole from the moment he's selected on draft day feels like a culmination.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If they draft Skoronski and he plays inside, where will Jenkins play? Depth?
Jenkins should go to RT but i guess they don't want to play him there.

We need to get Skoronski a penis pump for his arms.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I’ve been hearing Carter to SEA also. If that happened, their DL would look great.

I’ve been saying ATL is my dark horse to move up for a QB (and get the wrong one, since apace is on that staff now). But I also think Bijan could be a surprise pick to them.

This draft is going to be interesting.