**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Out of all the group think shit takes I’ve seen, I think this is up there with the worst. It illustrates what happens when people look at the appearance but not the essence, the superficial similarity over the actual qualities that separate a thing. First off, the fallacy is in the false comparison of, since they’re all RBs, they must be the same type of RB. It is the fallacy of false equivalency.

BR is an offensive weapon. Furnette and Elliot were good runners. The only comp is CMC and a bit of Barkley. Gurley had 2k seasons! The offensive capability of those backs elevated their team. The Niners almost made the SB without a QB.

Now, BR on the team gives a super weapon to Fields. No back currently on the roster creates a situation without a tell to any DC with two eyes in his fucking head. BR makes a DC consider a N defense against hi lined up in a 2TE I formation with Moore as the boundary. Yup. How crazy is that?

This is straight up, uncut chicken little shit. As far as what we saw from the OL last year, I’m not sure that shitshow was entirely on their shoulders. That Musty smell’s gone (pun intended). We really only need a RT, and I’m not sure we do. So, we may have the vaunted trenches people are clamoring for. Weapons win.
Tbh spending months arguing the bears should spend a top 10 pick on a RB is the shittiest take of them all. But I kind of want it to happen for the sake of your mental health and it’ll give me enough ammo to blow up the Ryan Poles train.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To me this is a sign they are keeping him. If he breaks out they can use the tag to keep control of him, if he doesn't they are off the hook for the fully guaranteed fifth year salary which would've been onerous if Chase Young proves to be washed.

You would figure there is some small amount of value in leaving the fifth year option on the table in a trade, since you are leaving it to the buyer to decide. That said there might be some rule or element I'm missing here.

If they wanted to keep him they should have picked up the option as they cant franchise both he and Sweat.

Of course they may end up keeping him because they cant get good value but taking the 5th year option off the table makes him more affordable to a trading team draft comp wise.

If I am the Bears for example, I may accept Young rather than wanting a 1st/2nd to go from 9 to 16.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Tbh spending months arguing the bears should spend a top 10 pick on a RB is the shittiest take of them all. But I kind of want it to happen for the sake of your mental health and it’ll give me enough ammo to blow up the Ryan Poles train.
1682536911837.jpeg

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If they wanted to keep him they should have picked up the option as they cant franchise both he and Sweat.

Of course they may end up keeping him because they cant get good value but taking the 5th year option off the table makes him more affordable to a trading team draft comp wise.

If I am the Bears for example, I may accept Young rather than wanted a 1st/2nd to go from 9 to 16.
Wouldn't the Bears prefer just to have him on the fifth year option though? Even if they draft two edge players with their first four picks there's still a pretty good chance the Bears would want Chase Young back on that seventeen million dollar fifth year figure since they have so much cap space anyways. Its not like extensions for Cole Kmet or Jaylon Johnson are going to set them that far back.

I don't know. My read is they are keeping him, even if it seems like they aren't committing in a way any sort of movement regarding his situation by Washington signals they have a plan for him.

I don't know if I would take Chase Young straight up instead of a 2024 first and 2023 second for ninth overall, but I think Young + 2024 third would be more than adequate. Would love to see him in Chicago.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
"NFL teams have until Tuesday, May 2 to exercise the fifth-year option on the rookie contracts of their first-round picks from the 2020 NFL Draft. This maneuver will ensure that the player would be under team control through the 2024 season."
So here is the "but" I was looking for and didn't know about. Washington can say whatever they want but they aren't actually the ones making the decision if they deal him. The team isn't opting out of paying him, they are opting in.

Crucial difference, I was wrong to say this takes him off the trade market.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't the Bears prefer just to have him on the fifth year option though? Even if they draft two edge players with their first four picks there's still a pretty good chance the Bears would want Chase Young back on that seventeen million dollar fifth year figure since they have so much cap space anyways. Its not like extensions for Cole Kmet or Jaylon Johnson are going to set them that far back.

I don't know. My read is they are keeping him, even if it seems like they aren't committing in a way any sort of movement regarding his situation by Washington signals they have a plan for him.

I don't know if I would take Chase Young straight up instead of a 2024 first and 2023 second for ninth overall, but I think Young + 2024 third would be more than adequate. Would love to see him in Chicago.
1682537069720.png

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So here is the "but" I was looking for and didn't know about. Washington can say whatever they want but they aren't actually the ones making the decision if they deal him. The team isn't opting out of paying him, they are opting in.

Crucial difference, I was wrong to say this takes him off the trade market.
1682537147640.png