**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone, or most, are sleeping on Bijan at all, think it's only about taking a RB high in a draft.

You still don't think any OL are worth a first round pick as well or have you come around on any of them?

Exactly this. If the bears trade down to 17+32, getting an OT at 17 IDC what they do at 32.

Taking Bijan in the 20-30's is a logical choice. Drafting a RB in the top 10 in todays day and age is more than likely going to backfire.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Exactly this. If the bears trade down to 17+32, getting an OT at 17 IDC what they do at 32.

Taking Bijan in the 20-30's is a logical choice. Drafting a RB in the top 10 in todays day and age is more than likely going to backfire.
You need to build in the trenches

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jenkins should go to RT but i guess they don't want to play him there.

We need to get Skoronski a penis pump for his arms.
I saw some tweet that kenny pickett slept with a splint on his hands to increase size. Added an 1/8 of an inch.

No Im not suggesting skoronski sleep with some full arm splints or something crazy like that, but perhaps some men can use a penis splint rather than the pump

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
if the bears draft skoronski he'll get first crack at tackle, if he cant cut it there then he'll move inside...heck he could likely play center as well...
I would honestly feel better about the Skoronski pick if they said they were going to put him at center. I'm probably an idiot but I just want them to lock down the C and RT positions and add some quality depth on the line later in the draft.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone, or most, are sleeping on Bijan at all, think it's only about taking a RB high in a draft.

You still don't think any OL are worth a first round pick as well or have you come around on any of them?
I haven’t come around on any of them as a first round talent. Not really. No.

I like what Wright could bring, but I worry about him being able to lead pull across the formation. He has had serious issues with that.

I get the hype with PJJ. I just don’t see enough from him to warrant him being drafted as high as he’s projected. He’s the best of what’s around but not the best. I’m not sure he goes in the first last year.

The rest are definite second round or later talents.

Last edited:

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Driving up to KC shortly and I know nobody cares, but I'm telling you anyway........?.......my first choice is 2-Time National Champion OT B. Jones....again because it's reported he plays "mean" , I want a bunch of "mean" angry guys on the team.....idk,,,maybe it means that they like to win and not just collect checks

The devil in me wants Carter and Bijen to be there at #9 and Da Bears trade down and eventually pick Skoronski!!! So when I get back from KC to read the message boards, I'll make popcorn and make it a day to read all the crying, bitching, moaning, cunting non-sensible emotional bs from all the experts on CCS.....its some of the funniest stuff on Earth......lol...............that being said.... for those of you who are rational and give reasons for your opinions I really enjoy reading your posts...............................................This should be a draft "of the trenches" imo........maybe with a "wildcard" pick among the first 4 picks.......after that depth picks at S, TE, RB, CB, LB and more Linemen on both sides. Looking forward to everybody's opinions on Monday.. Have an enjoyable draft.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
But many think Bergeron is a guard in the NFL. You think he's a tackle?
Yeah. He’s got decent arm length at about 34”. He has the movement. For some dudes, they say he has an odd body shape and see him more as a G because of it. I think he’s a good RT. He can drive a motherfucker back, and that’s what matters.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Driving up to KC shortly and I know nobody cares, but I'm telling you anyway........?.......my first choice is 2-Time National Champion OT B. Jones....again because it's reported he plays "mean" , I want a bunch of "mean" angry guys on the team.....idk,,,maybe it means that they like to win and not just collect checks

The devil in me wants Carter and Bijen to be there at #9 and Da Bears trade down and eventually pick Skoronski!!! So when I get back from KC to read the message boards, I'll make popcorn and make it a day to read all the crying, bitching, moaning, cunting non-sensible emotional bs from all the experts on CCS.....its some of the funniest stuff on Earth......lol...............that being said.... for those of you who are rational and give reasons for your opinions I really enjoy reading your posts...............................................This should be a draft "of the trenches" imo........maybe with a "wildcard" pick among the first 4 picks.......after that depth picks at S, TE, RB, CB, LB and more Linemen on both sides. Looking forward to everybody's opinions on Monday.. Have an enjoyable draft.
Tbf…bears have generally fucked up the majority of their picks for the last couple decades or so.

So, maybe CCS does have a better grasp of this than at least the bears do

But yes, trenchy is the word of the draft for the bears if they do it right this time

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Tbf…bears have generally fucked up the majority of their picks for the last couple decades or so.

So, maybe CCS does have a better grasp of this than at least the bears do

But yes, trenchy is the word of the draft for the bears if they do it right this time
My comments are to be taken in fun.....i think I put a lol and funny face in my comments......no harm intended to anyone.......let your consciences be your guide..... but you are so right about the Bears drafts lately......'74 thru '90 were sure fun....

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Vainisi and Finks knew a thing or two about trenches
and you can add Bill Tobin for sure.....I believe he was working with the Colts in his later years, that Colts team that gave up an opening game Kick- Off return for a TD in a SB. I can't bear to think about that loss, which imo should have been a W!!!! So many could of, should of and would ofs in that game. At that time the 2nd biggest lead to lose a SB.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Nah. There is a good LT, a great RG, a good LG, and we have two, if not 3 answers at C already on the roster, so quit the chicken little shit. We basically need a starting caliber RT. We may already have that with JaTyre Carter. So, a powerful run blocking, road grading RT in the 2nd would be lit, minty fresh goodness.

Bijan is the BEST pick we can get as offensive weapons for Fields is the primary goal.
We watched a rookie LT grow to show promise, a RG who can play great in streaks when he can stay healthy, a solid LG, and the only C on roster that has played well enough at center was LG last year. This team has one new OL from last year, and last year's line was a pathetic excuse damn near every week.

Weapons wont keep Fields from getting hit at the bottom of a three step drop, and a dynamic RB doesnt supersede OL. That isnt chicken little, that is football fact.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
The kid out of Syracuse is being discussed as a OG, not a tackle. If you want a solid OT, you need to pull the trigger in round 1, likely at picks 9 thru 12. I realize you place limited importance on a OT, and view RBs as game changers. In looking at running backs selected in the top 10 since 2013, you see Saquon Barkley (#2) in 2018. Leonard Fournette (#4) and Christian McCaffrey (#8) in 2017. Ezekiel Elliot (#4) in 2016 - BTW, the Cowboys placed an emphasis on the OL, and Todd Gurley (#10) in 2015. So who were the game changers in this bunch, who can run behind a shit OL, and not get hurt? Most of these guys did get hurt. If Bijan goes to Philly, which has the other pieces in place (hint hint OL and DL) it is a great pick, but not for this Bear team.
Out of all the group think shit takes I’ve seen, I think this is up there with the worst. It illustrates what happens when people look at the appearance but not the essence, the superficial similarity over the actual qualities that separate a thing. First off, the fallacy is in the false comparison of, since they’re all RBs, they must be the same type of RB. It is the fallacy of false equivalency.

BR is an offensive weapon. Furnette and Elliot were good runners. The only comp is CMC and a bit of Barkley. Gurley had 2k seasons! The offensive capability of those backs elevated their team. The Niners almost made the SB without a QB.

Now, BR on the team gives a super weapon to Fields. No back currently on the roster creates a situation without a tell to any DC with two eyes in his fucking head. BR makes a DC consider a N defense against hi lined up in a 2TE I formation with Moore as the boundary. Yup. How crazy is that?

We watched a rookie LT grow to show promise, a RG who can play great in streaks when he can stay healthy, a solid LG, and the only C on roster that has played well enough at center was LG last year. This team has one new OL from last year, and last year's line was a pathetic excuse damn near every week.

Weapons wont keep Fields from getting hit at the bottom of a three step drop, and a dynamic RB doesnt supersede OL. That isnt chicken little, that is football fact.

This is straight up, uncut chicken little shit. As far as what we saw from the OL last year, I’m not sure that shitshow was entirely on their shoulders. That Musty smell’s gone (pun intended). We really only need a RT, and I’m not sure we do. So, we may have the vaunted trenches people are clamoring for. Weapons win.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
and why shouldn't they be? when you build the trenches right they're never complete

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Been reading that Carter is 100% guaranteed to go to Seattle at #5 if he’s available.
At this point, we have been reading every conceivable scenario with a lot of guys.

I do think that's where he will land, but there are plenty of people - actually a majority - predicting to Bears at 9.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I haven’t come around on any of them as a first round talent. Not really. No.

I like what Wright could bring, but I worry about him being able to lead pull across the formation. He has had serious issues with that.

I get the hype with PJJ. I just don’t see enough from him to warrant him being drafted as high as he’s projected. He’s the best of what’s around but not the best. I’m not sure he goes in the first last year.

The rest are definite second round or later talents.
I mentione dhere yesterday that at least one NFL executive has said only Skoronski and PJJ have first round grades and got laughed at by someone who apprently thinks that is a prediction that only two go in the first round. This in spite of the fact that the exec said typically there are 15 or so guys with first round grades, and this year it's hard to find 15. That does NOT, of course, mean only 15 guys get drafted in the first round, but some don't get that.