**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I saw some tweet that kenny pickett slept with a splint on his hands to increase size. Added an 1/8 of an inch.

No Im not suggesting skoronski sleep with some full arm splints or something crazy like that, but perhaps some men can use a penis splint rather than the pump
I heard he used a splint but not for his hand, a different body part.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Yes that's what it means, the new team would have to sign him to a new deal after next year or he becomes a free agent.
Thanks for the clarification. My read is this is setting him up to be traded as an option for tomorrow. They are making sure that he is good for a top money contract after a one year prove it year.

They’d be fools to let him walk for nothing.

My mock trade back might happen!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You just not big on Van Ness as a player or you wanting them to go tackle at #9?
Neither. I really like him but a bit early for a project with highlights but not especially productive. Dude has 70 tackles and 13 sacks total in college and it's not like those number jumped substantially from one year to the next. Late riser that I really like as a projection but would prefer he not be a projection when top 10. I'd take him over Murphy etc. Not hating on it at all and understand that you can't control what's available in any given draft.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't the Bears prefer just to have him on the fifth year option though? Even if they draft two edge players with their first four picks there's still a pretty good chance the Bears would want Chase Young back on that seventeen million dollar fifth year figure since they have so much cap space anyways. Its not like extensions for Cole Kmet or Jaylon Johnson are going to set them that far back.

I don't know. My read is they are keeping him, even if it seems like they aren't committing in a way any sort of movement regarding his situation by Washington signals they have a plan for him.

I don't know if I would take Chase Young straight up instead of a 2024 first and 2023 second for ninth overall, but I think Young + 2024 third would be more than adequate. Would love to see him in Chicago.

Depends. Also they said they are not going to exercise it not that they have not exercised it so they are just letting teams no they dont plan too. So a team can still trade for him and then exercise if they want.

I wasnt saying take him straight up. Saying he replaces a 1st or 2nd round pick in your compensation. May still take another pick or pick swap to get it done.

This is a good question. I really don’t know the ins and outs of this.

Does anybody know how the 5th year option works for Chase Young if he’s traded? If Washington doesn’t sign it, does it mean the team he’s traded to can’t utilize it?

A team has until May 2 to decide. So the Commanders are just letting everyone know they wont exercise it but any team that trades for him before May 2 can chose to exercise.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I could see Philly drafting OL, I'm not sure why they would trade up for 1 that may not even start for them year 1 though. If they traded up DL would make much more sense

i think the run on tackles will start earlier than expected tmrw. Some defensive guys might fall a bit

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Neither. I really like him but a bit early for a project with highlights but not especially productive. Dude has 70 tackles and 13 sacks total in college and it's not like those number jumped substantially from one year to the next. Late riser that I really like as a projection but would prefer he not be a projection when top 10. I'd take him over Murphy etc. Not hating on it at all and understand that you can't control what's available in any given draft.
Yeah i agree with all this but for some reason he didn't start at Iowa so not sure what his stats would look like if he did.

Also like that he can play DE and 3T.

Last edited: