**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Yes that's what it means, the new team would have to sign him to a new deal after next year or he becomes a free agent.
Or, if he's traded prior to May 1st the new team will still have the option to pick it up. I believe

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Thanks for the clarification. My read is this is setting him up to be traded as an option for tomorrow. They are making sure that he is good for a top money contract after a one year prove it year.

They’d be fools to let him walk for nothing.

My mock trade back might happen!

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the clarification. My read is this is setting him up to be traded as an option for tomorrow. They are making sure that he is good for a top money contract after a one year prove it year.

They’d be fools to let him walk for nothing.

My mock trade back might happen!

Denver traded Bradley Cubb for a first-round pick at the deadline. He had 5.5 sacks in his 7 games with Denver

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I still don't know why eagles would trade up for a guy that would be competing to start at G for them.
I have a sense that they have their eyes on one of these two cornerbacks and are trying to get in front of Detroit. I know its not their biggest need necessarily, but they don't have a lot of roster issues aside from safety and linebacker (who cares). Not really a top ten worthy player at either of those positions, but upgrading Avonte Maddox in the nickel might solve that issue another way.

Plus I just think Devon Witherspoon is the best player in this draft and if you can get him at fifth overall for the cost of tenth and thirtieth its a pretty good deal

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Nelly

Liked Posts:
About 1 more day til all these first round questions can be answered and Bears fans can lose their minds over Poles making the wrong pick! Excitement!

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Nolan seems like a guy that just quietly stacks numbers in the NFL. I wouldn’t hate it if he ends up a Bear, although I wouldn’t expect it at #9
That pick would make zero sense to me. LB is the one area they invested in heavily in the offseason. Smith is undersized so he won’t be on the line at DE.

Seems like a great guy and a solid player with ridiculous athletic traits, I just don’t see how he’d fit in this D.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That pick would make zero sense to me. LB is the one area they invested in heavily in the offseason. Smith is undersized so he won’t be on the line at DE.

Seems like a great guy and a solid player with ridiculous athletic traits, I just don’t see how he’d fit in this D.

I’m no expert on the Eagles but I’ve heard him compared to Reddick. They run a 4-3 and he’s listed as a LB.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I’m no expert on the Eagles but I’ve heard him compared to Reddick. They run a 4-3 and he’s listed as a LB.
Yeah, that makes sense. But after signing Edwards and Edmunds…I don’t know. Like him as a prospect, but I prefer others more.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

napo55

Liked Posts:
About 1 more day til all these first round questions can be answered and Bears fans can lose their minds over Poles making the wrong pick! Excitement!
Just out of curiosity, are there any Poles picks that would disappoint you? And if so, who?