**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Except all the buzz is that Carter goes to SEA lol
I don't know what report sparked that crazy shift in the betting market tbh. And just yesterday a troll reddit post drastically altered the Levis odds for the first overall pick, so it's not like they're perfect.

There's a good chance that Wilson is on the board for them at 5 and they need a long-term option at QB. Not sure how Carter suddenly became such a favorite for them.

And truly, the betting markets are much slower than the rumor mill. The lines are reacting to the rumors and I believe Greenberg is dialed in.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I’m not sure. CMC did a pretty good job carrying SF this year. Just saying. Having that would solve a lot of our problems.

We do need a RT. We do need a DE. Another boundary corner would be nice. A 3tech would be sweet.

We can get all of that in the second round or later. We can’t get a talent like Bijan Robinson anywhere else in the draft or FA. He’s the top weapon in the draft. It should be a shoo in.
I wouldn’t be upset if the Bears draft Bijan but CMC didn’t carry SF. They have had a good roster for years and CMC was just another piece to the puzzle. They would have succeeded with or without CMC. But beside that point, yes Bijan could help the Bears offense be more successful. There are a lot of ways the Bears can go that will help improve the team.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Whoever the pick is, I just want it to be on the offensive side of the ball. Last I checked both KC and Philly had very good D’s and they still combined for 73 points in the SB. I don’t care how good your defense is, you’re not winning shit unless you have a QB and offense that can put up points.
Yeah and 2 great offenses went at it 2018and put up 16pts total. Yes you need a QB but don’t overlook the importance of defenses

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven’t come around on any of them as a first round talent. Not really. No.

I like what Wright could bring, but I worry about him being able to lead pull across the formation. He has had serious issues with that.

I get the hype with PJJ. I just don’t see enough from him to warrant him being drafted as high as he’s projected. He’s the best of what’s around but not the best. I’m not sure he goes in the first last year.

The rest are definite second round or later talents.

lol

dude

you are saying the is no OL in this draft with first round talent!!?

duuude you are out your damn mind. you all the way round the bend

I am terrified what will happen to you if Bijan goes somewhere else and becomes a superstar

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I fully expected them to take one of Levis/Richardson/Hooker with that 2nd 1st
If Houston makes the dumb decision to pass on a quarterback at number two, I could see Seattle trading up to three and drafting Stroud.

I suppose they could wait and see if Richardson or hooker fell to their second pick but are those guys a long-term answer?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m not sure. CMC did a pretty good job carrying SF this year. Just saying. Having that would solve a lot of our problems.

We do need a RT. We do need a DE. Another boundary corner would be nice. A 3tech would be sweet.

We can get all of that in the second round or later. We can’t get a talent like Bijan Robinson anywhere else in the draft or FA. He’s the top weapon in the draft. It should be a shoo in.

are you banned from talking about Bijan in your house?

like has your family told you yet that you aren't allowed to bring him up ever again?

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Yeah and 2 great offenses went at it 2018and put up 16pts total. Yes you need a QB but don’t overlook the importance of defenses
Sure, anything can happen in one game. But don’t forget the Pats had to put up 37 to beat the Chiefs (37-31) and 41 the week before that against the Chargers (41-28). The point is, you’re going to have to put up big points at some point along the way. You’re likely not getting a 13-3 game 3 times in a row.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sure, anything can happen in one game. But don’t forget the Pats had to put up 37 to beat the Chiefs (37-31) and 41 the week before that ti beat the Chargers (

Sure, anything can happen in one game. But don’t forget the Pats had to put up 37 to beat the Chiefs (37-31) and 41 the week before that against the Chargers (41-28). The point is, you’re going to have to put up big points at some point along the way. You’re likely not getting a 13-3 game 3 times in a row.
And you’ll also have to stop opposing offenses too. See how this works? Also the Chiefs had a terrible defense in 2018 too.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You're talking in circles.

If everybody is going offense instead of defense it makes it easier to score against them with the offensive weapons you have.

No matter how you try to argue it, you need to outscore the opponent, and holding their points down helps as much as scoring yourself. You don't "have to" hold them to a low point total, and you don't "have to" score a high number yourself. You need to score more than they do, and improving either the D or the O will help. It's not all of one vs the other.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Always been my issue. The injury
I don't think I've seen a single media person bring it up as a case against him. Most players have injury histories. The boards favorite mid round RB is missing an ACL.

Is there something specific that leads you to believe that there will be an issue going forward? What I have read leads me to believe that although the foot injury was limiting him, its minor and there is little concern that he won't fully recover.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
You're talking in circles.

If everybody is going offense instead of defense it makes it easier to score against them with the offensive weapons you have.

No matter how you try to argue it, you need to outscore the opponent, and holding their points down helps as much as scoring yourself. You don't "have to" hold them to a low point total, and you don't "have to" score a high number yourself. You need to score more than they do, and improving either the D or the O will help. It's not all of one vs the other.
Which leads me to my original point. You need a top tier, upper echelon QB no matter what. Fields won’t ever be one unless you pour your resources into that side of the ball. Fuck the defense, you piece that together once you know Fields is your guy. Otherwise, you’re just wasting your time in mediocrity.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
And you’ll also have to stop opposing offenses too. See how this works? Also the Chiefs had a terrible defense in 2018 too.
If you can’t score points, it really doesn’t matter. But go ahead and build a nice little defense and continue in mediocrity. Most Bears fans are happy just to make it to the playoffs. Like the last time they were there.