**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I get it. For me, his potential lies in other facets of a D.

If I’m taking a DE due to traits and pass rush potential (esp as a 4-3 DE), I’m drafting Van Ness.

Van Ness profiles similar to Walker and Green ie guys that can play end in base and possibly 3T in nickel and whose pass rush is based more on power. What we don't have is more of a pure speed rusher which I presume is why the Bears have interest in Smith.

I’m not sure. CMC did a pretty good job carrying SF this year. Just saying. Having that would solve a lot of our problems.

We do need a RT. We do need a DE. Another boundary corner would be nice. A 3tech would be sweet.

We can get all of that in the second round or later. We can’t get a talent like Bijan Robinson anywhere else in the draft or FA. He’s the top weapon in the draft. It should be a shoo in.

Really what happened when Purdy got injured. Did CMC carry them then?

Last edited:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Knew Skoronski was a packers fan but this is crazy
I wouldn’t be able to draft him.

Also I’m tired of the Athletic mocking the Bears to draft him. Why? BEARS DO NOT NEED A GUARD!!!!!

Mock Paris Johnson Jr., Broderick Jones, or Darnell Wright. They have the the arm length and measurables to be successful NFL Tackles.

Skoronski is slated to be an elite Guard. It’s unfortunate he has 32 1/4” arms, but being a guard is not a bad thing. But I don’t want the Bears draft him because he is not a need atm.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think I've seen a single media person bring it up as a case against him. Most players have injury histories. The boards favorite mid round RB is missing an ACL.

Is there something specific that leads you to believe that there will be an issue going forward? What I have read leads me to believe that although the foot injury was limiting him, its minor and there is little concern that he won't fully recover.

Teams will know more than the media first of all. Because they have access to the medical reports and we don’t. It’s come out that not every team cleared him.

Also I’ve had a broken bone in the foot. It affects everything. So my personal experience made me leery.

Think the doctor had to say something after the combine too which Greg Gabriel pointed out is never a good sign.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
My big board at 9:

PJJ
Jones
Wright

If you get an offer you can’t refuse, trade down and hope one falls. If not, take BPA and look for best value available OL in 2nd /3rd round.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
31-7 says otherwise.
Ain't that some dumb shit?

The only reason they even had a chance was he was in the game. They didn't have a QB. He carried them. Fuck is wrong with you?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ain't that some dumb shit?

The only reason they even had a chance was he was in the game. They didn't have a QB. He carried them. Fuck is wrong with you?

They didnt have a chance. What are you talking about. They were blown out.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
They didnt have a chance. What are you talking about. They were blown out.
The only chance they had was due to CMC and his play through Shanahan's use of him. They didn't win through shit ton of other factors, like not having a QB, but he gave them the best chance to win and keep it close. They didn't have enough AS A TEAM to win. Players don't win games on their own: see Justin Fields last year.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The only chance they had was due to CMC and his play through Shanahan's use of him. They didn't win through shit ton of other factors, like not having a QB, but he gave them the best chance to win and keep it close. They didn't have enough AS A TEAM to win. Players don't win games on their own: see Justin Fields last year.
He was fine, nothing close to what you are making him into. They never had a chance because they didn't have a QB.

Dude was way better his first few years on CAR and they never amounted to shit.