**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We'd still have a first round pick + Chase Young vs only having Wilson (obviously I'm assuming we trade down and get Young) so the situations aren't the same.
Yeah the two scenarios i've seen is getting him in the trade down or trading both 2nd round picks for him.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
So not worried about the ACL tear and ruptured patellar tendon?

I'd be for it more if we could just get him included in a trade down but both 2nd round picks? No thanks.
I think he'll be back to full strength this year. Has there been reports about both 2nds for him? Because I wouldn't do that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think he'll be back to full strength this year. Has there been reports about both 2nds for him? Because I wouldn't do that.
Yeah i've seen both 2nd's or getting him in the trade down from#9 to #16.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
I would. Chase young showed much more as a prospect and had a great year in the nfl. And would cost less draft capital
I think adding Chase Young is something the Bears should definitely take a look at. I'm not sure if it makes sense for Washington to trade him now, or wait till the deadline and hope he improves his trade value

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would you rather have Montez Sweat alone or Chase Young and a third (perhaps it would be a third next year, either way)? Its a tough call, personally I'd feel bold enough to bet on the upside of the latter with the extra pick being a nice bonus.

This is a scenario where the Bears are moving down to sixteenth.

I am fine with just Sweat.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
#16, Chase Young, and a 3rd. That sounds good to me. Young has monster potential if he fully recovers.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
What’s the purpose of giving up any draft capital to acquire a one year rental? Unless you really think you are a Super Bowl contender that logic has never made sense to me.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
How many people on here that don't want Tyree Wilson because of his foot injury would be good with Poles trading for Chase Young?
Me. Obviously, it would depend on what you'd have to give up for Young, but I know it won't be the 9th pick alone. Maybe you give up the 9th in a trade back and get other picks in return with Young. But at this point, Chase Young should be worth a flyer pick. Jeff Okudah (taken 1 pick after Young) was just traded for a 5th. Granted, Young should cost a little bit more because he was DROY the last time he was consistently on the field, whereas Okudah has struggled on the field and with injuries. But you're probably talking a 3rd round pick or a 4th considering Bears pick first in the 4th. IDK if the Commanders would go for that, but he's not worth much at this point.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
What’s the purpose of giving up any draft capital to acquire a one year rental? Unless you really think you are a Super Bowl contender that logic has never made sense to me.
If the 1-year rental just turned 24 years old and has immense talent, a draft pick may be worth seeing if the guy can turn it around with a change of scenery. Bears traded a pick for Harry, who was a 1-year rental. Obviously, that pick wasn't much but if a guy like Chase Young is good, he'd be well worth whatever pick they have to give up. If he's bad, you're hopefully only using a pick that was borderline to make a difference anyway