**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

PickSix

Liked Posts:
If the 1-year rental just turned 24 years old and has immense talent, a draft pick may be worth seeing if the guy can turn it around with a change of scenery. Bears traded a pick for Harry, who was a 1-year rental. Obviously, that pick wasn't much but if a guy like Chase Young is good, he'd be well worth whatever pick they have to give up. If he's bad, you're hopefully only using a pick that was borderline to make a difference anyway
So he turns it around and goes to another team the following year, what was accomplished?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

A very good discussion of Bergeron takes place at around 47 minutes. The projection to G is more because he’s doesn’t have LT feet and has a nasty demeanor.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
What’s the purpose of giving up any draft capital to acquire a one year rental? Unless you really think you are a Super Bowl contender that logic has never made sense to me.
They'd have until May 2nd to offer him the 5th year option, so they'd technically have him for 2 years if they decided to.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
One is a 32nd pick. The other might be part of a trade down or a mid-round pick. Which is what the other Chase should have been.

Trading from 9 to 16 is pretty valuable. Much more valuable than a mid round pick.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I would do 9 and 61 for 16, 47 and Sweat.
Bears give up- 1350+ 292 = 1,642
Commandoes give up- 1000 + 430 = 1430

That means Sweat's value is only a middle of the 3rd round pick.

I do get that they would have to pay a premium to move up. The 9th pick is the most valuable thing there. This actually ain't a bad trade.