**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
its not as simple as youre making it, if thats the case, he would have done it in college to alleviate size concerns before a professional career. thats just his size
Agreed, it's a problem as he won't be surrounded by all top talent and WR's that are always fast and wide open.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Some kinda big names who's teams aren't picking up their 5th year options.

Chase Young--Wash
Isaiah Simmons--Arizona
CJ Henderson--Jax
Javon Kinlaw--San Fran
K'Lavon Chaisson--Jax
Kenneth Murray--Chargers
Cesar Ruiz--Saints
Patrick Queen--Ravens

Still a lot of guys out their who's teams have to make their decision on and have until 4pm tomorrow.
I'll take Young please for a 3-4th next year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Gordon was better as an outside CB last year. Might be better served to leave him there.
I thought so as well, even though he struggled outside as well as at NB, but think Poles made it pretty clear that that's where he'll be.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
1. Flus is all in on RBBC. I expect all 3 guys to have a similar amount of carries/touches. Johnson is the favorite to be the 3rd down back

2. JJ and Stevenson will start outside. Gordon is the nickel. Wouldn’t rule out Gordon playing outside in base and then moving to NB in nickel.

3. This will be interesting. Think Sanborn starts in base. There’s a lot of possibilities for Sewell though. Will be interesting to see how Flus uses him.

4. Another interesting one. Similar to RB, I think VJJ/Scott/ESB to share a similar amount of targets. While I expect an uptick in overall pass attempts, I do not expect the Bears to all of a sudden be up at the top in the NFL. They will still run a ton. With Moore, Mooney, Claypool, and Kmet, there won’t be a lot of opportunities for the 4th wideout.
I think Sewell will start out being used to blitz to get feet wet he's 260 lbs and 4.6 speed, he helps make up for no edge in the draft.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ruiz pro-comp coming into the draft was James Daniels, so there's that
And Gervon Dexters is Chris Jones so there's that as well. Lets hope that one comes true but........doubt it.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Won't matter if Washington cuts him. Bears are number 1 in waiver priority
No way he gets cut. I didn’t realize that in addition to tearing his ACL he also ruptured his patellar tendon in the same knee. They had to harvest the tendon from his other knee and perform a complete rebuild as opposed to repair.

It’s a very serious injury and I don’t see any team offering anything significant for him. His health is a huge question mark and he’ll be an UFA next year. There’s no incentive for a team to pay premium capital. Highest I’d go is MAYBE a conditional 4th. Maybe.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
No way he gets cut. I didn’t realize that in addition to tearing his ACL he also ruptured his patellar tendon in the same knee. They had to harvest the tendon from his other knee and perform a complete rebuild as opposed to repair.

It’s a very serious injury and I don’t see any team offering anything significant for him. His health is a huge question mark and he’ll be an UFA next year. There’s no incentive for a team to pay premium capital. Highest I’d go is MAYBE a conditional 4th. Maybe.

Agreed, I think using the 4th that we got for passing on carter would be ideal. Though I wouldn't be shocked if Washington cut him to save cap space. The injury history is there but I think Young is freakish enough to bounce back and be a factor.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Some kinda big names who's teams aren't picking up their 5th year options.

Chase Young--Wash
Isaiah Simmons--Arizona
CJ Henderson--Jax
Javon Kinlaw--San Fran
K'Lavon Chaisson--Jax
Kenneth Murray--Chargers
Cesar Ruiz--Saints
Patrick Queen--Ravens

Still a lot of guys out their who's teams have to make their decision on and have until 4pm tomorrow.
This is a lesson not to burn first round picks on non-premium position players unless you are damn near certain you're getting someone like Luke Kuechly. These guys aren't all busts, they are simply worth less than the fifth year option of their rookie contract. That's brutal to hit on your first round pick and then not even get the full value of the rookie deal.

Its not quite equal to a bust, but its not great either.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Agreed, I think using the 4th that we got for passing on carter would be ideal. Though I wouldn't be shocked if Washington cut him to save cap space. The injury history is there but I think Young is freakish enough to bounce back and be a factor.
I could maybe see him having a clowney type career. Clowney was another guy who was supposed to be an ultra dominant player but then suffered a micro fracture injury. He still went on to have a nice career and a handful of good seasons, but not to the extent he could have if he never got injured.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This is a lesson not to burn first round picks on non-premium position players unless you are damn near certain you're getting someone like Luke Kuechly. These guys aren't all busts, they are simply worth less than the fifth year option of their rookie contract. That's brutal to hit on your first round pick and then not even get the full value of the rookie deal.

Its not quite equal to a bust, but its not great either.
4 of the 9 are players at premium positions, and 3 of the 5 that aren't were picked outside of the top 20.

Also, premium position players such as Jeff Okudah, Henry Ruggs, Jalen Reagor, Damon Arnette, Isaiah Wilson, Noah Igbinoghene, Jeff Gladney and probably Jordan Love are all busts from the 1st round of that same draft.

The only lesson here is don't pick bad players or players who do bad things off the field.