**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Lol 33rd team is such clickbait. Giving the giants a better grade than the eagles is definitely a take
Who knows? Everyone has been sucking Howie’s dick like every move he makes is genius. How does his draft look if tubby is a huge bust? He’s an excellent GM, but drafting Reagor over Jefferson is the WR equivalent of Trubisky over Mahomes.

Everyone was going crazy over the Nolan Smith pick too. If the Bears selected him, I would have been pissed and they had him in for a top 30.
Smith is ultra fast and explosive, but has very little actual production on a stacked college team.

I have no idea who the Giants drafted other than Banks, Schmitz and Hyatt. Those three look pretty good especially where they were selected.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Does Ruiz suck? I remember wanting him coming out. We could use a center to take one for Whitehair.
I don't even know how good or bad but i remember being interested in many of these guys coming out. You just never know which ones will or won't be good at the next level or if they were just put in a system that doesn't fit them well enough. I was a huge Kenneth Murray fan and thought he was going to be a beast for the Chargers.

It sure sounds like is pretty damn set on going with Whitehair and Patrick at C next year though.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here’s a snippet from the article (which is excellent by the way):

“April 8: The private workout in Knoxville​

Poles and Morgan took a private jet to Tennessee. What they had planned for Wright would test not only his physical endurance and love of football but also his mental aptitude and ability to learn. All of it would be a first for Poles in his scouting career, but Wright could also be his first first-round pick. Their meeting with him would span several hours.

Morgan detailed run and pass plays on a dry-erase board. Different concepts were discussed. Wright was asked to explain everything. Then it was all erased and Wright was pressed to regurgitate everything. The Bears wanted him to be the teacher.

The discussions became nuanced — “very detailed,” Poles said — because they could be. Wright was with one of the best line coaches in the NFL in Morgan and a former lineman in Poles.

“What’s your aiming point?” Poles said they asked. “What do we do if things change, the front changes, the linebackers move?”

Then Poles and Morgan took him outside. It was a conditioning test combined with a mental one. Everything he was taught was applied. Morgan would call a play and then change it at the last second.

In between, the Bears made Wright do up-downs and more. There wasn’t a moment to rest. Poles was present. But all Wright could hear was Morgan.

“He was trying to make me tap out,” Wright said.

He never did.

“We just would trigger and trigger and trigger,” Poles said. “We got him exhausted, and the kid had no fight in him. His body language was excellent. He stayed aggressive; he finished. Again, that attitude we’re looking for up front.”

The reports sent back from Knoxville were glowing.

Co-director of player personnel Trey Koziol: “They were pumped up. They were really excited. I think that that went about as well as it could have gone.”

Eberflus: “They tried to work him through it to see if we can push him through and he can focus and stay in the moment and have mental focus during that time. He did a nice job.”

The Bears had their guy in Wright.

“We feel that he was the best lineman in the draft,” Eberflus said.

And Tennessee has a story to tell: the time the Chicago Bears came to Knoxville and worked the hell out of their All-SEC right tackle.

“Athletic talent, right? His physicality,” Heupel said. “But also how is he going to compete when he’s maybe tired or uncomfortable? I think that’s a huge part of the reason why he’s a Bear.”

In the middle of the quote I think Poles meant to say “the kid had no quit in him” instead of “fight.”

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I don't even know how good or bad but i remember being interested in many of these guys coming out. You just never know which ones will or won't be good at the next level or if they were just put in a system that doesn't fit them well enough. I was a huge Kenneth Murray fan and thought he was going to be a beast for the Chargers.

It sure sounds like is pretty damn set on going with Whitehair and Patrick at C next year though.
Ruiz was a C in college, but he hasn't played much C. They have Erik McCoy at C and Ruiz has only played C when he was injured back in 2021 for 4 1/2 games. Not sure how he performed there, but there may still be something there in the pivot. He's still just turns 24 next month.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

1. Flus is all in on RBBC. I expect all 3 guys to have a similar amount of carries/touches. Johnson is the favorite to be the 3rd down back

2. JJ and Stevenson will start outside. Gordon is the nickel. Wouldn’t rule out Gordon playing outside in base and then moving to NB in nickel.

3. This will be interesting. Think Sanborn starts in base. There’s a lot of possibilities for Sewell though. Will be interesting to see how Flus uses him.

4. Another interesting one. Similar to RB, I think VJJ/Scott/ESB to share a similar amount of targets. While I expect an uptick in overall pass attempts, I do not expect the Bears to all of a sudden be up at the top in the NFL. They will still run a ton. With Moore, Mooney, Claypool, and Kmet, there won’t be a lot of opportunities for the 4th wideout.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
1. Flus is all in on RBBC. I expect all 3 guys to have a similar amount of carries/touches. Johnson is the favorite to be the 3rd down back

2. JJ and Stevenson will start outside. Gordon is the nickel. Wouldn’t rule out Gordon playing outside in base and then moving to NB in nickel.

3. This will be interesting. Think Sanborn starts in base. There’s a lot of possibilities for Sewell though. Will be interesting to see how Flus uses him.

4. Another interesting one. Similar to RB, I think VJJ/Scott/ESB to share a similar amount of targets. While I expect an uptick in overall pass attempts, I do not expect the Bears to all of a sudden be up at the top in the NFL. They will still run a ton. With Moore, Mooney, Claypool, and Kmet, there won’t be a lot of opportunities for the 4th wideout.
Gordon was better as an outside CB last year. Might be better served to leave him there.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Ruiz was a C in college, but he hasn't played much C. They have Erik McCoy at C and Ruiz has only played C when he was injured back in 2021 for 4 1/2 games. Not sure how he performed there, but there may still be something there in the pivot. He's still just turns 24 next month.
Ruiz pro-comp coming into the draft was James Daniels, so there's that