**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

msadows

Liked Posts:
Some kinda big names who's teams aren't picking up their 5th year options.

Chase Young--Wash
Isaiah Simmons--Arizona
CJ Henderson--Jax
Javon Kinlaw--San Fran
K'Lavon Chaisson--Jax
Kenneth Murray--Chargers
Cesar Ruiz--Saints
Patrick Queen--Ravens

Still a lot of guys out their who's teams have to make their decision on and have until 4pm tomorrow.

Many of these have officially announced they won't pick them up. Ruiz and Simmons I know for a fact were announced.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
IDK .....anything about "slim jims". There are various weight gain supplements out there designed to build muscle
I'm sure Carolina can set Bryce up with their local GNC shop and so he can get some good whey protein!!! I'm positive that Bryce bulking up and benching 300lbs will be beneficial for him

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
#17,559 you've been busted lying on several occasions. about links etc. This is FTO thread, So I'm done with this.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
#17,559 you've been busted lying on several occasions. about links etc. This is FTO thread, So I'm done with this.
I'm talking football. I gave an on the record quote from an NFL General Manager. You're the one who hijacked this thread calling me a liar because you have some personal issues with me.

You owe me an apology.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Thanks. So he gained 11 pounds from 194 >>>>>>>>>>>> 205. He will probably end up playing around 200lbs, that 205 was a lot of water weight. You post here (17,530) insinuates that he should pack on an additional 15-20 pounds of muscle ABOVE 204lbs. So, you think it's a good idea for Bryce to bulk up to 224lbs?!?!

It sounds like he wants him to be more MACHO MAN and less Slim Jim, amirite?!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Thanks. So he gained 11 pounds from 194 >>>>>>>>>>>> 205. He will probably end up playing around 200lbs, that 205 was a lot of water weight. You post here (17,530) insinuates that he should pack on an additional 15-20 pounds of muscle ABOVE 204lbs. So, you think it's a good idea for Bryce to bulk up to 224lbs?!?!

For his height, yes. I just think he'd be able to absorb more punishment at that weight without getting injured.
But like he said in that video with Peter King, he's been playing at this weight most of his career. So I guess we'll see
how he fairs in the NFL.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Some kinda big names who's teams aren't picking up their 5th year options.

Chase Young--Wash
Isaiah Simmons--Arizona
CJ Henderson--Jax
Javon Kinlaw--San Fran
K'Lavon Chaisson--Jax
Kenneth Murray--Chargers
Cesar Ruiz--Saints
Patrick Queen--Ravens

Still a lot of guys out their who's teams have to make their decision on and have until 4pm tomorrow.
Does Ruiz suck? I remember wanting him coming out. We could use a center to take one for Whitehair.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's trying.....

Alabama listed Young’s weight at 194 pounds, which was believed to be more than he actually weighed. He was expected to attempt to bulk up to 205 during the pre-draft process, and scouts would be relieved to see the scale at 200 or more.

Young said he has gained weight with proper nutrition and weight work the past two months.

“I’ve been around the 200-pound range, and for me, that’s something I think has been not to hard to do with being able to focus now on being a professional football player,” Young said. “I’m excited for that.”

Bryce Young expects to weigh "in the 200-pound range"

The thing is he played at 180-185. Yes he got up to 205 at the combine but Young for example already looks like he has lost some of that weight from the combine as he probably isnt working out as much at the moment.

:ROFLMAO:
Young is 5'10" 205. He definitely needs to be around 220-25 of muscle.
Also your original statment was advocating he get up to 220-225 which would be 35-40 pounds from his natural weight.

It is one thing doing that in the offseason but players routinely drop weight in season as they workout less as more of their time is focused on game prep and preserving their bodies.

So asking a guy with his build to put on and maintain 35-45 pounds of muscle from his playing weight is a tall order IMO. Hence why he is just hoping he can stay around 200 not get to the 220-225 you suggested. It would probably take him 2 or more offseasons to settle in at the 220-225.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs