**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The left tackle ship has sailed. If a guy is out there who can play the position well, or even has the potential to play the position well, they've already been signed. I'm not even an unbeliever in Braxton Jones, I just recognize the monumental risk involved with making him your one and only option at the second most important position on an NFL offense.

Rise

Liked Posts:
The left tackle ship has sailed. If a guy is out there who can play the position well, or even has the potential to play the position well, they've already been signed. I'm not even an unbeliever in Braxton Jones, I just recognize the monumental risk involved with making him your one and only option at the second most important position on an NFL offense.

Week one is a long ways away. I’m sure they find a backup by then, if not then I get it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Week one is a long ways away. I’m sure they find a backup by then, if not then I get it.
His point was that there is no one left. Just scrap heap veterans now that Smith is gone—who looked awful last year but was also playing on a bum ankle.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Jared Verse is my #1 target, followed by Fashanu, Harrison, and Bowers.
Verse is one of my favorite prospects in this class. Fashanu is up there as well as those other 2, but everyone loves Harrison and Bowers.
Anyone have a counting report on verse? Never thought of him as a top 10 pickm
He's a good story. Started at U of Albany and took the spotlight in a matchup vs Power 5, Syracuse. He looked dominant and turned heads in that game. Big play everyone talks about is chasing down Sean Tucker, 60 yards down the field when his team was down 55-10. He also manhandled Syracuse OL.

But obviously, this caught the eye of Power 5 teams and Florida State came calling. He looked the part right away and dominated LSU in Sept. He had 2 sacks, a couple TFLs and blocked a kick. Kind of reminds me of Brian Burns. 6'4, 250, solid size, good length, amazing first step that puts OTs in a bind quickly. As the above tweet will show, he also has some speed to power to bullrush. If he had come out this year, he's probably in the mix for the late 1st round. He was definitely going to be in that Van Ness, Myles Murphy, Nolan Smith range of Edge 3-6 in this class. I'm guessing he stayed at school to fine tune some of his tools as he only has the 1 season at FSU. He's not the freakiest bender in the world, but does enough. He can get better with his hand usage and counter moves if he speed rush is stopped. So, top 10 is more of a projection of him being able to improve on that with 1 more season of P5 coaching.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Verse is one of my favorite prospects in this class. Fashanu is up there as well as those other 2, but everyone loves Harrison and Bowers.

He's a good story. Started at U of Albany and took the spotlight in a matchup vs Power 5, Syracuse. He looked dominant and turned heads in that game. Big play everyone talks about is chasing down Sean Tucker, 60 yards down the field when his team was down 55-10. He also manhandled Syracuse OL.

But obviously, this caught the eye of Power 5 teams and Florida State came calling. He looked the part right away and dominated LSU in Sept. He had 2 sacks, a couple TFLs and blocked a kick. Kind of reminds me of Brian Burns. 6'4, 250, solid size, good length, amazing first step that puts OTs in a bind quickly. As the above tweet will show, he also has some speed to power to bullrush. If he had come out this year, he's probably in the mix for the late 1st round. He was definitely going to be in that Van Ness, Myles Murphy, Nolan Smith range of Edge 3-6 in this class. I'm guessing he stayed at school to fine tune some of his tools as he only has the 1 season at FSU. He's not the freakiest bender in the world, but does enough. He can get better with his hand usage and counter moves if he speed rush is stopped. So, top 10 is more of a projection of him being able to improve on that with 1 more season of P5 coaching.
Verse can make the OT look like he's standing still. His lateral agility is ridiculous as is his get off. Some those inside moves in his tape are pretty unbelievable. He also has the speed the power and plays the run really well.

I feel like decent not great bend, but that is his only real weakness as a prospect.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Verse can make the OT look like he's standing still. His lateral agility is ridiculous as is his get off. Some those inside moves in his tape are pretty unbelievable. He also has the speed the power and plays the run really well.

I feel like decent not great bend, but that is his only real weakness as a prospect.
Yeah, he's a stud. Really wanted him to come out, but good he didn't because he'd not have been a Bear. He's my ideal pick, hopefully Carolina's is in the top 5 so they can get him.

Here's his last play of the 2022 season. Game sealer in the bowl game vs. Oklahoma

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Ah F it. I'm all in man. This bend is pretty damn good. Flat angle to the QB in his 1st game last year. I'm sold.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yep....We'll see what the Panther trainers think and how they respond to Young's weight. "C. J." Stroud went to
the Texans

Yes the Panthers although Young is on record as wanting to be around 200.
I know most posters (myself included) hope that one of the 2024 1st round picks turn into MHJ. However, do not sleep on this guy. He’s a dynamic receiver that can also return punts. He popped in every OSU game I watched last year. I remember always thinking MHJ is awesome, but this guy is pretty dynamic too.

Already seen him mocked to the Bears in one 2024 mock draft where Harrison went 1 or 2.

Rise

Liked Posts:
His point was that there is no one left. Just scrap heap veterans now that Smith is gone—who looked awful last year but was also playing on a bum ankle.

And my point was that it’s a long off-season. Players become available every year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This guy is a complete hack but didn't someone here tell me the Texans didn't overpay on the William Anderson II trade?

Apples vs Oranges.

Helps to understand what he is actually doing. When we say it was not an overpay it is based on how teams appear to value picks which is discounting future picks a full round. This guy is ignoring how NFL teams appear to value future picks and coming up with his own valuation based on measuring the production those picks produced.

This young man wanted to get his contract out of the way so he could focus on football! A+ selection by the Eagles.

Or he wanted to start loafing and wanted to ensure his contract was signed. Easier to get fat with a fully guaranteed fan. That is a lot of money for twinkies.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Apples vs Oranges.

Helps to understand what he is actually doing. When we say it was not an overpay it is based on how teams appear to value picks which is discounting future picks a full round. This guy is ignoring how NFL teams appear to value future picks and coming up with his own valuation based on measuring the production those picks produced.
I guess i know who tried telling me that.

Try harder to not be wrong. Teams that project to be really bad= better valued picks than team that project to not be bad.

There are those who say there's no way the Bears could have known that the Claypool trade would end up being a top 5 pick and there are those with a clue.