**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i dont think having a bad player as a backup is a great counterpoint

But what is the alternative. Donovan Smith is actually a bad player whose pressures per snap are almost identical to Borom. It is like Bears fans think every failed starter or backup on another team was better than the Bears equivalent.

I guess i know who tried telling me that.

Try harder to not be wrong. Teams that project to be really bad= better valued picks than team that project to not be bad.

There are those who say there's no way the Bears could have known that the Claypool trade would end up being a top 5 pick and there are those with a clue.

This is a weird way of saying you were wrong.

You admit the guy is a hack and he admits his valuation has nothing to do with how teams value picks. That is obvious hence why the guy noted that if your model predicts that EVERY TEAM OVERPAYS then the issue is your model. SMH.

I base my opinion on how teams value picks. Not how random hack per your own admission values picks. What next, you going to link to analysis from Mat Millen?

Anytime - "This dude is a hack and his model bears no resemblance to reality but I like it because it supports my delusional opinion."

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Donovan Smith played on a bum ankle last year. So even at his worst, he’s not worse than Larry “the fucking malcontent bum” Borom. He’s a low risk, high reward signing that likely went to KC to win a SB. That and Mahomes tends to make OT’s look better than they are— see Orlando Brown. It’s a moot point anyway since he signed elsewhere. Poles still needs a vet to play swing tackle because the roster is better off without Borom tweeting like a petulant child.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But what is the alternative. Donovan Smith is actually a bad player whose pressures per snap are almost identical to Borom. It is like Bears fans think every failed starter or backup on another team was better than the Bears equivalent.

This is a weird way of saying you were wrong.

You admit the guy is a hack and he admits his valuation has nothing to do with how teams value picks. That is obvious hence why the guy noted that if your model predicts that EVERY TEAM OVERPAYS then the issue is your model. SMH.

I base my opinion on how teams value picks. Not how random hack per your own admission values picks. What next, you going to link to analysis from Mat Millen?

Anytime - "This dude is a hack and his model bears no resemblance to reality but I like it because it supports my delusional opinion."
Imagine typing all of that instead of just saying you’re wrong.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Donovan Smith played on a bum ankle last year. So even at his worst, he’s not worse than Larry “the fucking malcontent bum” Borom. He’s a low risk, high reward signing that likely went to KC to win a SB. That and Mahomes tends to make OT’s look better than they are— see Orlando Brown. It’s a moot point anyway since he signed elsewhere. Poles still needs a vet to play swing tackle because the roster is better off without Borom tweeting like a petulant child.

Maybe it was the bum ankle or maybe he is just bad now. We dont know. But he went to KC because they are better than us and he has a chance to start rather than be a backup since their tackles other than Taylor are unproven. Bears obviously want Jones and Wright to start.

Also not sure what Borom tweeted. All I saw was a Lol when Wright was picked which is really nothing.

Imagine typing all of that instead of just saying you’re wrong.

Except I am not wrong as I valued it based on how teams historically valued picks.

You are like a girl who says a guy is no good but still sleeps with him because he called her pretty. Have some pride and dignity. If the guy is a hack per you then dont go quoting him just because he agrees with you this one time.

His valuations were by his own admission not based on how NFL teams value trade comp so what is the point you are trying to make?

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Crazy part is, he’s a UGA transfer. UGA’s best pass rusher these last few years will never see an nfl field too.
Uh what? Literally every word of this is wrong. Verse was NEVER at UGA. Their best pass rusher the last few years was Nolan Smith or Jalen Carter. Their most productive pass rusher, if that's what you mean, was Robert Beal. Beal will see the NFL field this year as he was a 5th round pick of the 49ers.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Uh what? Literally every word of this is wrong. Verse was NEVER at UGA. Their best pass rusher the last few years was Nolan Smith or Jalen Carter. Their most productive pass rusher, if that's what you mean, was Robert Beal. Beal will see the NFL field this year as he was a 5th round pick of the 49ers.
Apologies. I’m thinking the guy that NY drafted last year was a UGA transfer. Ask any UGA fan and they’ll tell you the best pass rusher they had was Adam Anderson. Always commanded double teams and was a beast. Sorry you didn’t know that.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Apologies. I’m thinking the guy that NY drafted last year was a UGA transfer. Ask any UGA fan and they’ll tell you the best pass rusher they had was Adam Anderson. Always commanded double teams and was a beast. Sorry you didn’t know that.
LOL don't get salty because YOU made a mistake. Anderson is a POS rapist. Who cares what UGA fans think?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LOL don't get salty because YOU made a mistake. Anderson is a POS rapist. Who cares what UGA fans think?
Yes correct he is a POS rapist but he was considered a better pass rusher up until he decided to wear orange for life. I believe it sounds like you are the salty one here. Sorry tho.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yes correct he is a POS rapist but he was considered a better pass rusher up until he decided to wear orange for life. I believe it sounds like you are the salty one here. Sorry tho.
You're the one who said every single word of a post wrong and then got snarky because I didn't acknowledge a player who hasn't been on the team since the middle of 2021, when you said "best pass rusher the last few years", which implies 2022 and probably actually most of 2021. And even if UGA fans say so, it's going to be hard to argue that the best pass rusher was better than the #1 overall pick in 2022, the #9 overall pick in 2023, and 3 other 1st round picks the last 2 years.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You're the one who said every single word of a post wrong and then got snarky because I didn't acknowledge a player who hasn't been on the team since the middle of 2021, when you said "best pass rusher the last few years", which implies 2022 and probably actually most of 2021. And even if UGA fans say so, it's going to be hard to argue that the best pass rusher was better than the #1 overall pick in 2022, the #9 overall pick in 2023, and 3 other 1st round picks the last 2 years.

Attachments

• 4743A00E-9D79-4774-9EB1-486D42BA843D.jpeg
    4743A00E-9D79-4774-9EB1-486D42BA843D.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 3

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
They also signed Jawaan Taylor in the off-season to play LT; however, he played all of his college career (except 2 games) and all of his pro career at RT. I believe this signing was a backstop against Taylor not being able to handle a position he's never really played.